Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lemon

New Condo At Thomson Rd

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After went through research/ meeting several ID from different company. I am glad I am finally able to share my reno journey here like others. Before showing my floor plan,3D drawings, site pics, and etc. I would like to share some opinions and experiences during ID's hunting.

Experiences over expo

A very good place to collect renovation information, because there is many IDs company(Some ID claim themselves ID but to me seems like normal contractor). I didn't sign up the any ID from there, mostly the reason I am not so comfortable with the package, even they trying to lure me with freebies for exp luggage bag, somehow I have a feeling these are all gimmicks and it would cover from my renovation cost eventually. :no: But you will definitely get information for the materials in the market. Personal opinion, I think design and renovation should be do according to individual requirements.

Experiences over IMM

It is very comfortable to shop around here and look for ID. Every company has it own showroom, portfolio to go through. Also if you request for materials sample they have it in the showroom to show as well. I am a very visual person, so seeing the real sample is important to me. There is also shop that sell toilet accessories, curtain, wallpaper, and etc. :good:

How to choose your ID

Basically, I am very concern about layout and carpentry ideas. How to maximize the space for storage and other usage is very important to me. The ID that I engaged so far he understand my requirements and I have no regret engage him since day one. Not so worry about materials cause most of the companies will advise to use laminate with solid ply, and they are using the same supplier. Only concern is you have to check whether is ABS trimming and internal is using wood grain polykem instead of white PVC. Also the mechanism whether is with soft close motion or not. But not necessary to go with BLUM i think.

I think that is about all I can share for ID hunting. Gonna up date my floor plan and layout soon. Stay tuned. :notti:

Hey lemon,

Totally agree with you the saying of Expo package. Went there and nothing surprise me. Keep on asked me to sign, more like package seller than ID. Looking forward to see how's your house transform. Just curious, isn't new condo is been nicely done up?

Hi Rose79,

I need a lot of storage! And the wardrobe that my condo provided is very limited. I also did some minor ceiling works, mirror feature wall, and wood decking for my balcony.

Hi EI LoCo,

Bingo! Are you my neighbor? Haha./ I am going for modern luxury contemporary. I think this interior theme is more ever green than Scandinavian design. Even though Scandinavian is the trend right now. I seen a lot of Scandinavian design from Home&decor magazine. hahaha. Will share my site photo later.

Haha....no la. Its juz that from my flat at tpy can see Cube 8 clearly and I am a floorplan fanatic so I remem the layout and etc. Looking forward to yr updates.

The grey marble flooring is swee! I tink u need to paste solar film to reduce the amount of UV to reduce heat and also damage to yr furniture. My flat facing is also towards Macritchie.