Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koori

Clueless Single's 4Rm Reno

wahahah.. the very big me can be seen leh. Paiseh.

Anyways, not a lot more lah. That pic just shows the bigger wall where you can see the pattern the tiles were laid. Basically it's 2 ivory across, followed by 2 black tile across, so on so forth...

I didn't quite understand the contractor when he called me to say 2 lines white, 2 lines black, will be nice..but I just asked him to go ahead. He's done so much more homes, I think he would know better what works...

The tile also has a wavy line pattern and the contractor also told me he will lay it so that the wavy lines go length-wise to trick your eyes that your bathroom is wider...

Using the lines to make the place looks bigger is a great idea :good:

Hope to see the update pics when its done

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Decisions! Lots of decisions to make! Went with contractor to site ( he drove. :P) to discuss electrical power points, and some miscellaneous stuff.

Wrought iron main gate picked. The 'wood' bits will be replaced with metal, in same color as the rest of the door. Will be in black silver color.

IMG_2067_zpse1e433b0.jpg

Quartz top...er....should I pick the cabinet laminate first before I decide on this ?

Contractor says the 2 colors at the top left hand corner are the most picked [iGalaxy and iCrystal] ....but it really depends on individual preference coz he just did one in red. :D

Sorry, can't get the other pic to show up in the correct orientation....just wanted to show that the names of the colors were on top of the sample blocks.

Picture orientation shows up correctly now. strange..

This is one heavy piece of sample....

Only the top two rows can be chosen though....the bottom 2 rows are more expensive, not included in my quote. (meaning I need to top up $ if I pick those lah...)

IMG_2059_zpsb069b934.jpgIMG_2061_zps14d6e83c.jpg

Also have a Nippon paint catalogue, Jennings laminate catalog to pick out paint colors and laminate colors... :unsure:

So much to decide all of a sudden. :help:

Edited by koori

Using the lines to make the place looks bigger is a great idea :good:

Hope to see the update pics when its done

The wavy lines are not obvious in photos coz I'm using my not-too-great handphone camera....but here's how it looks like in close-up. The slightly different colored wavy lines are going sideways.

You can also lay the tile so that the lines go upwards toward the ceiling....but since my kitchen is squarish, and the common toilet even smaller, contractor said will lay it sideways so your eyes make you think it's wider than it really is. :D

IMG_2049_zpseb183d12.jpg

Windows changed~ is aluminium silver color, not black ....coz I see an air bubble on the black strip. Think must be the protective sticker.

Master bathroom :

IMG_2102_zps4cf656e8.jpg

common bathroom's. Sorry for the lousy exposure. The lights in this bathroom have been taken off as the wall holding the switch was knocked down. No decent lighting so I switched on the flash on phone camera...

IMG_2112_zps6997762b.jpg

new windows in service yard~

IMG_2110_zpsdf164fa7.jpg

Taken from inside the master bedroom. The new entrance faces Bedroom 2's new entrance.

IMG_2104_zps1e1d11ca.jpg

The hollow block wall for the newly created storeroom up. Cement is still fresh...

Sorry, poor lighting in the picture here as well...there isn't lighting installed yet around this area.

IMG_2122_zps130135d8.jpg

Did you change the other house windows too apart from the bathrooms ?

For doors you change all of them ?

my sink support? Coz there is a corner at the top there to fit the recessed wall in the kitchen wall at the sink area...

Should be stove support. LOL. The sink support should be straight line edge coz it's on the protruding wall, closest to the service balcony.

IMG_2114_zps3ece2ac3.jpg

The beginnings of the concrete sink / stove supports :

IMG_2117_zps444a5938.jpg

Edited by koori

Just the bathroom and service balcony windows due to the problems I stated in my earlier posts. I kept the rest of the windows. :)

For Doors, got 2 new ones:

1. Classic door for storeroom coz there wasn't a storeroom originally. Thought no point getting a solid door since it's just a storeroom.

2. Master bedroom door. The area where the door knob is is damaged - wood is fraying and there are wood chips seen. I asked the contractor whatever happened to get this kind of damage and he says most likely prior owner forgot keys and had to pry open the door causing the fraying of the wood at the door knob/lock area.

If I'm not wrong, i think the master bedroom's replacement is a nyatoh door. No choice on the door design as got to match back to the existing. So....it looks like the door designs haven't changed in the last 10 years since the exact design is still in the catalogs? I am pretty sure my flat's doors are at least 10 years old. :sport-smiley-004:

The contractor's team of workers actually took down the master bedroom door and Bedroom 2 door off and laid them carefully to the side awaiting re-installation after the walls were done. I just saw the master bedroom door's problem so requested to change the door.

This is another new addition not in my original quote. Dunno if I will regret later...

I requested for 'something' to 'break up' the kitchen cabinet from the living room area.

Bar counters are not my sort of thing....I don't drink. whahaha....contractor also said they are nice to look at but not practical for most people....coz the bar stools are high and difficult to sit on. True for me in any case. I'm not exactly a *small* lady. :bleah:

Island counter will look strange too....coz the chairs will be in the living room....

So this wall was suggested. Contractor was saying if I ever change my mind and install full height glass doors in future, this will be a nice wall to fix the glass doors to. LOL.

IMG_2107_zps75741a1c.jpg

Koori, can pass the contact who did the windows for you?

Hi OceanEleven,

Uhmm..my main contractor arranged for this, so I have no idea who did the windows. My permit was approved Monday and it's already all installed by the time I went over this evening. LOL. I've been just seeing the main tiler uncle so far. He was leaving the unit when I arrived at 7.30pm today.....

I do see a windows contractor on my HDB permit as below, think they should be the ones who did my windows :

C.C.N. ALUMINIUM & RENOVATION

Tel: 63450881, Fax: 67426828

HDB Licence No: HB-04-3584D

Also, forgot to say. The door frame and the door are separately charged.

I had to install new door frames for Master bedroom, bedroom 2 and storeroom.

1. The original BR2 door was inward opening. This door becomes my storeroom entrance after the new hollow block wall is up . Have to change the door frame because new door will need to open outwards instead for storeroom.

2. Masterbed room : original door frame was hacked off coz the wall was hacked, hence need replacement.

3. BR2 : original door frame becomes the storeroom door liao...so need another new frame.

Confused yet? This is why you see 3 new door frames in my pictures above, but only 2 new doors. haha....

Decisions! Lots of decisions to make! Went with contractor to site ( he drove. :P) to discuss electrical power points, and some miscellaneous stuff.

Wrought iron main gate picked. The 'wood' bits will be replaced with metal, in same color as the rest of the door. Will be in black silver color.

IMG_2067_zpse1e433b0.jpg

Quartz top...er....should I pick the cabinet laminate first before I decide on this ?

Contractor says the 2 colors at the top left hand corner are the most picked [iGalaxy and iCrystal] ....but it really depends on individual preference coz he just did one in red. :D

Sorry, can't get the other pic to show up in the correct orientation....just wanted to show that the names of the colors were on top of the sample blocks.

Picture orientation shows up correctly now. strange..

This is one heavy piece of sample....

Only the top two rows can be chosen though....the bottom 2 rows are more expensive, not included in my quote. (meaning I need to top up $ if I pick those lah...)

IMG_2059_zpsb069b934.jpgIMG_2061_zps14d6e83c.jpg

Also have a Nippon paint catalogue, Jennings laminate catalog to pick out paint colors and laminate colors... :unsure:

So much to decide all of a sudden. :help:

hi hi... can share the contacts for your iron wrought gate?

hi hi... can share the contacts for your iron wrought gate?

Hi apple!

Paiseh....I left a lot of things to my main contractor to do....this metal gate again is just picked from the catalog given to me by my contractor. Catalog indicates this is from C.C.N Metalworks...but there isn't any contact numbers on the catalog. Sorry I am not of better help.

My contractor did suggest which one to pick...the full catalog is 2 pages, about 20 designs on each page...

I think my contractor knows my taste by now liao. He picked this 2nd most simple design...and he seems to remember I dun like brown color, so he told me he will change the woody bits to metal....haha....

He's also going to get me a unit number plate on the top left hand corner of the gate.

He's also going to get me a unit number plate on the top left hand corner of the gate.

Not sure if you'll know where the source but if so, please share it with me. My gate/door is number-less.