Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Some of the furnitures that we bought :)

1. Yellow fan with light aka 小黄 for MBR that Mr saw it by chance and loves it ( MBR wall will be painted yellow too)

gallery_48023_274_294557.jpg

2. Our Sofa that Mrs fell in love on 1st sight :dribble:

gallery_48023_274_47394.jpg

3. Our Counter / Island hanging light from Taobao

gallery_48023_274_30901.jpg

4. Passage way light from taobao too

gallery_48023_274_22706.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Don't like HDB design on this "sink in" wall (for living room and rooms) and we have to spend extra money to box it up.

gallery_48023_274_53958.jpg

Box up done for living room. The little space is for our shoe cabinet

gallery_48023_274_28764.jpg

Laying of wood-like tiles in progress

gallery_48023_274_241784.jpg

Tiles done with skirting

gallery_48023_274_128779.jpg

Due to the uneven floor by HDB :angry: , the tiles become uneven as well. Colin will give advice and let us decide which one to do to solve the problem. We are given 2 options:

a) lay another layer but the floor will have a "Kurb"

b) Cut the tiles into half. And will not feel the uneven

-- After consulted by Colin, we choose to cut the tiles into half to solve the problem (though we not too sure how it works by just cutting the tile :sport-smiley-018: ).

gallery_48023_274_297694.jpg

Really don like the sink in wall :no: . Even we have spent money to box it up, there will be a problem whereby the board will "comes up with a line". They will sand it to solve this issue.

gallery_48023_274_207006.jpg

Edited by Runningman

The part we love most for our Zakka home is our study room :wub: . Colin add a little design to the book shelve, can u see the extrude part? We love this little idea :good: . His carpentry even nagging at him for such design which make them more difficult haha. But Colin said it's design ma, if everything normal then we need not to work liao hahaha

gallery_48023_274_514068.jpg

The crate box painted by us

gallery_48023_274_240122.jpg

• Like 2

Just like to check where did you get the fan and can you provide me with link for the island lights (Got it yet ? Hows is it ? )

Just like to check where did you get the fan and can you provide me with link for the island lights (Got it yet ? Hows is it ? )

Hi Songz,

I got the Crestar yellow fan with light from Thomson lighting at Shaw Plaza.

The link for the island light and yup its good and works well. (we replaced with our own LED bulb for brighter and energy saving purpose) :)

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4011-3305408589.173.EMeIYf&id=16016021934&rn=b2195eb548fb615f61605528abad6777

Cheers

Thanks for the link.

Kind of appeal to me the easy maintenance of it ...

Hi you are welcome, yup its easy maintenance and the quality is nice. There's a manual switch on the lamp itself also to turn on n off.

Hihi! Love your color choices! My hubs wants the color of ur dining too!

We also want to do a coffee table (or wall shelf) with crates, but couldnt find crates around :(

Mind sharing w me pls, where did u get your crates from? thx much much in adv!!

Hi hojichalatte,

thanks a lot! :) yup we always wanted this theme and ve been doing research b4 we collect our keys. Yup we saw that episode of 摆家乐 too, and I am doing something similar like his coffee table by using crate boxes. We ve similar layout and I am now reading ur blog too! Looking forward to see your completed house :good:

Hihi! Love your color choices! My hubs wants the color of ur dining too!

We also want to do a coffee table (or wall shelf) with crates, but couldnt find crates around :(

Mind sharing w me pls, where did u get your crates from? thx much much in adv!!

Hi Reobu,

thanks so much for your comments! Yup we like pastel colours especially turquoise.

I found these crates discarded at my office so might not be able to help u on it. Its actually red wine crate boxes so perhaps you wana try getting from shops which they can give away.

Hi Domokun641, we prefer not to disclose the quotation as different people will ve different requirements and to be fair to our ID.

roughly the Items we are doing will be:

1. Hacking of wall

2. Lay wood texture homogenous tiles

3. 20 ft Top and bottom Kitchen cabinets

4. 7 ft wardrobe for MBR

5. replace current MBR toilet door with swing door

6. 5 ft mirror door cabinet for MBR toilet

7. 8 ft book shelves

8. 9 ft suspended study table

9. 7 ft display cabinet

10. Painting and timber skirting works

11. Lay selected craft stone on feature wall

12. 3 ft Island

13. Customised MBR bed frame

14. 10 ft Bay window with cushion in MBR

basically thats about what we will be doing, hope it helps ;)

Np! Thanks for replying. It sure helps!

More photos to share with :)

MBR toilet door. Designed by Colin with a wood laminate for the door frame. Same design goes to our MBR Wardrobe and we like it much.

gallery_48023_274_302129.jpg

Mrs favourite counter. Strips counter design was suggested by Mr which matching with the kitchen entrance strips wall. Mrs like the brilliant idea :good: and looking forward to welcome Mr back home while Mrs is preparing meal at the counter. :wub:

gallery_48023_274_609309.jpg

TV console set up with Mr ideal TV

gallery_48023_274_535999.jpg

Our house has handover last Friday. We has been busy cleaning up the place, tiring but very exciting. We will be moving in soon and hope it is a brand new life for us in our dream home. Things will get better and better, escape from the past and starting our new life under our little sweet roof and live happily ever after. :D

Edited by Runningman

• Like 2