Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hojichalatte

The Hojichas' Little Renovation Stories..

Yeah loh... very upset about the trunking done in aircon... but I am just wondering is it because most people have false ceiling/the lighting box-up, but I don't have, that's why they can hide their aircon trunking, and mine are all exposed? Hmmm.. my bathroom wall tiles are grey in colour, maybe I paint the trunking grey too... or black... :dunno:

I am hacking out my false ceiling and decided not to do false ceiling this time round. I will ask the guys to flush the trunkings at the top, not in the middle.

Have you tried talking to the aircon ppl ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am hacking out my false ceiling and decided not to do false ceiling this time round. I will ask the guys to flush the trunkings at the top, not in the middle.

Have you tried talking to the aircon ppl ?

Nah.. didn't talk to the aircon ppl leh, cos K and his workers are overlaying wall and floor tiles in bathrooms already... probably just paint over the trunkings at later stage.... :(

anyway, I am just thinking... water has to flow from high to low, and the lesser turns the trunking make, the faster the aircon gets cold, so I don't think they can/should pull the trunkings upwards? it just has to be lower than where it's flowing from? Hmmm not sure too.. hehehehe...

That's probably the problem when you are on your own, nobody to consult for advice lorr... didn't know it needs specific planning for aircon trunking! sigh! lesson learnt! :D

But didn't your contractor discuss with aircon people to come out with the best trunking route? My contractor (K's assistant) met up with aircon guy together with me and we discussed best way to put up the trunking.

But didn't your contractor discuss with aircon people to come out with the best trunking route? My contractor (K's assistant) met up with aircon guy together with me and we discussed best way to put up the trunking.

Yes, in fact both K and his assistant were around with us that day, they did discuss for awhile on the best trunking route, I also saw K directed the aircon people on how to pull trunking from MBR to the bathroom, if not for him, I think the MBR confirm turns out more disastrous lor... as for how the trunking should run inside the bathroom, we weren't too sure what they are talking about at all, cos we really have zero knowledge on aircon trunkings totally laa.. so whatever they discussed, we just went "ok ok.." with it... and this is the outcome lor.. :P K also told me he nv seen such huge trunkings before.. duno why ours turned out like that! I'm asking him what can be done.. he was the one who suggested to me to paint the trunking later stage lo...

sigh.. these aircon guys, they really don't think for us, owners de lahhh... they just want the easiest way out... :(

Edited by hojichalatte

Sorry to hear what happen.

I think a lot workers mentality of work is very bad nowadays, juz want do and get over with.

Anyway hope after painting it will turn out better.

• Like 1

~pat pat on shoulder~ the rest of the house are alright, boxing up will hide them up nicely. Think painting the trunking will make it less obtrusive, do u have pipes that needs to paint as well? Perhaps can match the paint color

• Like 1

hello mellenur, this is Yishun! nowadays hdb new bto flats are more or less.. same, or mirror of each other la.. kekeke... initially we also tot of merging the MBR with adjoining room for WIW, but on second tots, better keep that room for future baby plans. :P

yeah yeah, second pic is the tiny kitchen!! that's why people like to hack hack hackkkk all the walls... hahahaa...

thank you and all the best to all of us! jia you!

mellenur, on 18 Feb 2014 - 2:58 PM, said:

hi hojichalatte, we have similar layout for living to bedroom area I think, is this Punggol?

Funny that I always see many people hacking that wall because we actually sealed up MBR entrance and combine with adjoining room to make a WIW. Although I must say this is partially why we are moving now because WIW is technically not a liveable space for me! :lol:

is the 2nd pic your kitchen entrance? why HDB make small entrances one? sigh :jail:

enjoy your reno process and post more pics!

Hi Hojichas,

Yishun which area...?

Gud tt u have gotten ur keys n started on reno..

I'm still waiting for my HLE letter den key collection..

Anyway, sorry to see the way the aircon ppl have done up ur trunking.. Especially the ones in the toilet... I guess painting over it shud make it a little less obvious...

All the best for ur reno..! Cant wait to see the final look...

• Like 1

Hi hojichalatte,

Came by your t-blog and realised i might be a little too late to advise on the electrical. I was quoted much lesser or way way way much lesser than you and elin were quoted from Mr K. Could it be there is some special electrical wiring works to be done?

As for the aircon trunking in the shower, it does not seems to make sense to have it so high up.

• Like 1

Thanks all for your kind and comforting comments, Songz, enigma, enadee and plainsharon.

I guess.. what's done cannot be undone, will just see how we can make things move better forward ba!! Hai!

Update: Day 28-33

As you can see, my reno process is going at a really slow speed.... almost a month, and it's still cement works. Mainly because there are just many issues with here and there.. now the flooring is not even between Bedroom 3 and Living Room, we are still talking and talking to the HDB contractor who did the cement screed. Here's another pointer for all those who intend to hack your walls... please do not rush into applying for cement screed before you hack your walls or do any electric works.... now we have this big problem, after hacking, it's obvious that the floors are not even, and the Evorich people cannot start their flooring works unless we make the floors even... :(

Anyway, meantime, Mr K and Mr A sent me some pictures via Whatsapp... they have made good the hacked areas and started with cement works...

I've created some collages for easier viewing..

13234408884_cc7fb9da2a_c.jpg

What got me really excited is... how my bathrooms looked! Whheeeeee... *whistles*

The wall tiles should be grey in colour, but lighting made it look different. but whenever I see the hideous aircon trunking then i wanna sigh again.. so ugly!

but cover that part don't see, i love how everything look together, especially the wood tiles ~~ hehehehee :notti:

13234222423_7345cac732_c.jpg

And does this justify the grey tiles slightly more?

13234221415_18eaf53889_z.jpg

For a second, I panicked... everything in the bathroom was removed, no toilet-bowls no wash basins no shower-heads... where are they??? Did they throw them away? Oh no!

No no no no... they are quietly seated in the bomb shelter la! hahaha..

13234219455_13e0e1c481_c.jpg

Ok, that's all for the moment. Will wait for more updates from K.. hoping to see the subway tiles and white bricks up this week!!! *pray*

Edited by hojichalatte

Hi hojichalatte,

Came by your t-blog and realised i might be a little too late to advise on the electrical. I was quoted much lesser or way way way much lesser than you and elin were quoted from Mr K. Could it be there is some special electrical wiring works to be done?

As for the aircon trunking in the shower, it does not seems to make sense to have it so high up.

Hmmm... is concealed electric works considered special wiring works? The aircon trunking is high in your opinion ahhh? I was thinking why don't they do it even higher leh! Then can stick to ceiling, at least less obvious than sticking out of nowhere in the wall now.... :(

Hmmm... is concealed electric works considered special wiring works? The aircon trunking is high in your opinion ahhh? I was thinking why don't they do it even higher leh! Then can stick to ceiling, at least less obvious than sticking out of nowhere in the wall now.... :(

I felt the same too, if it runs along the ceiling or along the flooring it shoudl be fine. Anyway, its been done, its also due to the weird layout. Anyway, for that space you could place some deco or some mini plants or pots for decoration too. Don get upset about it, see how to improve and make it better. :good:

• Like 1

I felt the same too, if it runs along the ceiling or along the flooring it shoudl be fine. Anyway, its been done, its also due to the weird layout. Anyway, for that space you could place some deco or some mini plants or pots for decoration too. Don get upset about it, see how to improve and make it better. :good:

Yeah loh yeah loh... thanks for the suggestion! can't wait for the reno to progress more, then i can start shopping for little decorations on tb!

there are bound to be some areas in the house after renovation where we will see, and sigh! but can live with it as time goes by la...

hahaha.. be positive be postive! :good:

Yeah loh yeah loh... thanks for the suggestion! can't wait for the reno to progress more, then i can start shopping for little decorations on tb!

there are bound to be some areas in the house after renovation where we will see, and sigh! but can live with it as time goes by la...

hahaha.. be positive be postive! :good:

Better have your deco or furniture early, don end up to be like me, still waiting for my coffee table from Taobao since End of Jan till now. Its not even shipped out yet. :wacko:

I like ur positive attitude!! :D

Anyway since ur toilet tiles r in such beautiful grey, u can request the painter to paint it to similar grey tone. It shld camouflage better then :)

My toilet is black, n I request them to paint the exposed trunking in the toilet to black too. Haha can u imagine the huge contrast of white trunking against black tiles....

Yap agree that same color will be able to hide the view of it in some way ...

Else you may consider a different color for it and then place some plants or etc to make it like a shelf kind of look ...

(*Juz my 2 cents worth)

Edited by Songz