Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LionFlyer

Single 4Br Hdb Reno

Looks like my turn. Just want a place to document my learning journey without creating a blog. My place is a 4BR premium unit which had just finished MOP. I chose such a unit in order to minimize the cost of the reno and it also means I don't need to do the kitchen (in a pretty good state) as I don't really cook much. The reno had started since 17 Feb so here is some photos as is.

Got no fancy name or idea, just a bit here and there from ideas from everyone here.

Here is the state before the Reno!

b9HmXdsl.jpg

mGfIw0Xl.jpg

tMApAKRl.jpg

7Sybgrtl.jpg

XSBbhRtl.jpg

1pFdaIvl.jpg

Edited by LionFlyer

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome! :D

Your unit looks like it's in great condition....well, maybe need to change that hot pink wall paint color....too bright even for me as a gal. :P

Tiles:

For wetwork, I am only doing the toilets. I am particular about it and it is the most expensive part of the reno. The tiles are from Soon Bee Huat (http://www.sbh.com.sg/). According to my contractor, Hafary and Lian Beng in Balestier markup is higher. I chose a distressed wood tile for the MBR bathroom.

Learning point: So many tiles to choose! Contractor says start from the walls first, then select the floor tiles in order to match the wall.

Also got a 101 from contractor about the types of tiles, from where, whether acid wash will affect, prices etc.

Picture from phone, not so good.

Common Bathroom

g1CzBJIl.jpg

MBR Bathroom

sJEhLSjl.jpg

Welcome! :D

Your unit looks like it's in great condition....well, maybe need to change that hot pink wall paint color....too bright even for me as a gal. :P

Formerly bedroom for a little girl!

Sanitaryware and bathroom fittings:

Enjoyed talking to Aunty Jasmine and Uncle Benny from GR Link Marketing. They gave me good prices. My water heater (Joven 25L) was only $225 while my Arino Caprio was less than $300.

exclude misc stuff like panhandle and pop-up cap (FOC)

To save money, I bought my Grohe towel ring, towel rack and toilet paper holder from Amazon. Cheaper than getting here.

Missing: Mirrors, bidet spray and valve (decided to add on later).

Learning point:

1) Double check a few times and did not buy from Amazon the mixers as the pipe fittings are different. Uncle Benny from GR Link confirmed it. Need to buy adapter which is next to impossible to buy.

2) Learned about something called concealed floor trap to make it sui. But need to spend more money (for the fitting) and my waterproofing already done so too late. Then thought about stainless steel floor trap but contractor advise against it as chemical wash will damage it. According to him, stainless steel typically used for shopping centres or industrial use. Not sure true or not. I think after awhile, I won't bother.

3) Concealed aircon piping cost money which I didn't plan for. Hope it is worth it.

Current state:

False ceilings, pelmets are up. Hacking done and wall tiles (not shown here) are installed.

Over the 3 weeks, I cut quite a number of things. I realise carpentry quite expensive, so the study room and the custom bookshelf have been KIV. Sian. Bills keep adding up.

Look at that ugly Open Net trunking! Have contacted Open Net since last week via email but totally no response from them. Anyone can help? I tried to call their hotline but it seems you need to have case number first.

Edit:

Called OpenNet, they say early April then can fix. Sian.

4OTtsOVl.jpg

QHKHl5Nl.jpg

CE2Ef44l.jpg

WPps0kfl.jpg

Edited by LionFlyer

Bought my first piece of furniture on Sunday! :sport-smiley-018:

I wasn't exactly planning to but I stopped by Park Mall's Kith Cafe (http://kith.com.sg/) for brunch after church on Sunday. Due to the long queue, decided to go look see. I had being eyeing a table from Scanteak but found the cost too high. However, Scanteak is having a Fabulous 40 promotion ( http://www.scanteak.com.sg/promotion/scanteak-fabulous-40)and it now comes with 1 bench (worth 400 alone) and 2 chairs (worth another 400+) together with the table at $1,450!

So I got this and a TV console (FLIP) @$499.

http://www.scanteak.com.sg/catalogue/dining-room/tables/22029-grans-dining-table

http://www.scanteak.com.sg/catalogue/living-room/tv-consoles/50039-filip-180cm-tv-sideboard

Here is the view of table!

8570498871_4ebbd4ded9_b.jpg

Edited by LionFlyer

congrats on your purchase! any memory foam cushion thrown in? lol

Suppose to have one?? Looks like got to ask them!

Anyway, I decide to sell the chairs. Not really comfortable and the design not what I want. Probably replace them with replica Eames chairs!

Edited by LionFlyer

OpenNet called me this afternoon and I got a 11 March date! Nice, now my contractor can fix and paint after the works, and no need for touch up later.

• Like 1

Suppose to have one?? Looks like got to ask them!

Anyway, I decide to sell the chairs. Not really comfortable and the design not what I want. Probably replace them with replica Eames chairs!

from the broshure it certainly look like there is if your set is the 'selected' ones lol

Went after work at 730pm, quite dark and photo not so good. Abit mixed feelings about the tiles now. :( looks too complicated.

MBR Bathroom

Lh7LfRvl.jpg

Common Bathroom

Qo58nm9l.jpg

Edited by LionFlyer

Hi all,

I need some advice. I ordered my Tom Dixon dining lights (http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.0.0.M8XqDL&id=9222599502&rn=&acm=03054.1003.1.555&uuid=72e434e1-2b14-49b4-8501-0fc5579843e8&abtest=_AB-LR32-PR32&scm=1003.1.03054.ITEM_9222599502_555&pos=2) from Taobao and it arrived on Thursday via 65daigou.

However, the one of the light's shade was damaged. I am not sure, should I wait for an exchange or refund or just buy from local? I hate having to deal with the waiting and dispute resolution. But it is one shade out of three, so I was wondering whether it makes sense just to buy the shade locally? I paid 41 SGD for the whole thing but turns out more trouble than it is worth.

I also made the mistake of ordering all three the same because the translation say big small and medium which I take it as the size, not different models of the shade.

M7z8Cx0.jpg

Edited by LionFlyer