Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LionFlyer

Single 4Br Hdb Reno

There is a lot of other things in this renovation that did not turn out the way I wanted. I find it is so difficult because I used a contractor and I can't really visualize what I want. When the contractor did the work, now I see already and I realise it is not exactly what I want.

For example, I wanted the pelmet to be longer but already installed, I wanted to shower partition to be longer but they already did the groove for it. I only go down and see once a week and communicate via phone. :(

Edited by LionFlyer

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Spent the morning at the house to talk to contractor and oversee OpenNet relocation. Finally can see some results!

First painting done, along with clean up of the place. Varnishing of existing door done.

Rest of the day will be the electrical stuff and first round of plumbing (install WC, Water heater, shower)

jcdZPQpl.jpg

2r8ZeC6l.jpg

Went back tonite to look at the work done this morning to decide whether I need a fan with light and without light. Unfortunately, the light switch for the role of lights below the cove light was not installed.

But the toilet bowl and sanitaryware was installed!

MBR Bathroom

SRrblZTl.jpg

Common Bathroom

eCcl5T8l.jpg

Light switch not done so cannot turn these on.

P1sPslNl.jpg

Today went furniture shopping and light shopping. Decided to get my lights locally first and settle with 65daigou separately over the faulty lights. The damage here is SGD 195 for the Tom Dixon dining lights.

modern-pendant-lighting.jpg

Went to Hommage to look at sofa and had a long chat with Eric. He got some really nice stuff (can see on his facebook) coming. Basically ,it is a line of Japanese software, sideboards and TV consoles. But it is way out of my budget and it take 3 months to come. Interesting to heard from him about the furniture business and where they take their stocks from. Made-In-China seems to be bad news as far as quality is concerned.

So ended up with a sofa and bought the bedframe there too!

modern-sofas.jpg

1b61b449206bee159b838ef0eb1537ef_XL.jpg

Today went furniture shopping and light shopping. Decided to get my lights locally first and settle with 65daigou separately over the faulty lights. The damage here is SGD 195 for the Tom Dixon dining lights.

Went to Hommage to look at sofa and had a long chat with Eric. He got some really nice stuff (can see on his facebook) coming. Basically ,it is a line of Japanese software, sideboards and TV consoles. But it is way out of my budget and it take 3 months to come. Interesting to heard from him about the furniture business and where they take their stocks from. Made-In-China seems to be bad news as far as quality is concerned.

Where did you find the light?

I got the lights from a shop at Balestier (nearer to the CTE / Jalan Rajah Udang) called Italu Collections. Shop owner is a relative of my contractor so more easy to settle if got problems.

• Like 1

The fan was delivered and installed today. It is a pretty generic Crestar Icol fan, I got it at DIY Bathroom near to Alexandra Market because I was looking for my mini-spray (something I decided to add last minute) and it wasn't too far from my office.

Too troublesome to go all the way to Balestier or Jln Besar from Pasir Panjang.

What's left now is:

1) install my bathroom vanities/basin washer

2) install my wardrobes

3) install my living room partition

4) complete the wiring

5) grind and revarnish the parquet floors

Hopefully, it will get done this week.

edOOLGD.jpg

2ihS4xG.jpg

0oz0Tic.jpg

Edited by LionFlyer

Gorgeous place u have there Lion.. Such a huge space all to yourself.. !

can't wait to see the rest of your furnishings to complete your home..

Happy Reno n happy cleaning in future ;-)

modern-sofas.jpg

1b61b449206bee159b838ef0eb1537ef_XL.jpg

You mean one for SGD 195 ? This lights are all over in Tao Bao, selling very very cheap. As far as I am concern, what you pay is what you get. I also receive a coffee table order via TB but the finishing seems unacceptable. For your info, a lighting shop at Serangoon sell this light @ $188 each.

You mean one for SGD 195 ? This lights are all over in Tao Bao, selling very very cheap. As far as I am concern, what you pay is what you get. I also receive a coffee table order via TB but the finishing seems unacceptable. For your info, a lighting shop at Serangoon sell this light @ $188 each.

Somehow, I do agree with people condemning goods MIC..... But frankly, our SG lighting s are mostly from China also.

No lah, it is $195 for all three lights from Singapore. For the amount I paid and the trouble I went through, I felt the savings not really worth it.. I know the lights in the Balestier/Jln Besar lighting shops are all from China, so cutting away the middleman and going straight to the supplier sounds sensible and the cost savings would be a lot if you buy in bulk.

But in the event that one of them is faulty, then you are on your own. It is one thing to be prepared to write it off, but it is the time and effort to source for local replacement that is frustrating. Even now, the response from the seller through 65daigou is very slow. They have offered to replace two of the shades FOC, but they have not contacted me on the arrangements.

Hello LionFlyer, what brand is your toilet bowl?

Arino Caprio. Didn't aim for this model although it seems popular here a few years ago. Got a good deal for them @299 each.

The popular one now is the Baron W-888 single piece WC which is much taller. But it was out of stock when I bought it and I didn't want to wait. I remember the Baron W-888 is around $380 per piece.

Today went to check after work. While opening the door, I was hit by a strong smell of thinner! Upon going in further to investigate, my eyes watered and I quickly fled the house!

Why? Because my contractor had grind and re-varnished the parquet floors in the rooms! hahaha. This week progress is very slow and I don't have much pictures to show. The various switches have been changed to MK switches ($1,400) because my backside itch and the table top for the bathrooms were installed. Hopefully, they will finish installing the bathroom basin mixer tomorrow.

Dining lights will installed on Saturday because contractor ask me to decide on the height of the pendant lamps. Final thing pending are my wardrobes!

Going to Gain City Expo sale to look at Fridge and Washer this weekend.

Edited by LionFlyer