Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sforshor

I Am Small But I Have All

I am just like many people, doing all sorts of research works before engaging a Renovation company for our renovation. From price to quality , these are very taxing. I am a silent reader in this forum since mid 2013, indeed this forum is the best of the best gathering infos people shared here.

I also realized, there are many competitors inhere, so some are here for self promotion and some are here to comment on their competitors.

I really gain a lot of knowledge in here, now is time for me to share. From searching an housing agent to my renovation finish. I will not comment on the products, shops, person and renovation work now as all these are still on going, but I have input the searching and purchasing part.

Here are some tips to share, starting from a housing agent. This is just a resale 3 room, but I really want it to progress smoothly..................... so I started searching for the area I had in my mind. This way it will be easier and faster getting your desire flat. If you have many areas in mind, it will take slightly longer. For my case, I took only 4 days to purchased an unit. Please note, chose an agent who is driving. Why I said this? Try getting an agent to serve you, whatever unit you shortlisted or if the agent is hardworking enough, he/she will do the homework for you. Tell the agent what you looking for, when all are sorted out, let this agent drive you around to view all the units.

I am very lucky to have this agent serving me, and very clear cut, I bought from her. Patient and hardworking is her reward and yes, she is driving.

After the paper signed, basically you have 6weeks ( 1st appt ) + 6weeks ( 2nd appt )to search for a renovation company, many people use the Renotalk portal and after submitting, you will get dozens and dozens of emails and calls. From my experience, do not meet more than 5 IDs approaching you, you will get very confuse in the end. Try to contact them by emails, phones and shortlist about 5 to meet personally. See how the proposals are. This part is really taxing. I will not write anything about my ID first, because Reno is on going and I will try to update here day by day.

When you had sort out who to engaged, another hectic part will be, buying things for your new house, Lighting, Furniture, Appliances blah blah........ This needs a lot of research. I read a lot here, came across a Blog a friend bought many many items from Tao Bao, at that time, I tell myself, he/she must be crazy......... But when I did my own shopping comparing products and prices, I gave that forummer a thumb up by using Tao Bao.

Just said my lighting, I bought a numbers of hanging crystal pendants. I shop around in Singapore lighting house, comparing apple to apple. But the items I found is ridiculously expensive. Let's say it this way, 85% of lighting in Singapore come from China, many people do not want to involve in on line shopping is the troublesome of handling the after sales........ I am one of them. You might think, How if the items don't arrive, how if the items arrive damage, how if this how if that. If that is the case, I will say, buy it in Singapore shop paying at least 3-5 times more than you shop yourself online. For example, I saw a Crystal hanging dining table light in Singapore which offer me $880. I bought it online, EXACTLY the same light ........... for........... $220 includes shipping. Somehow, the risk is still there buying on line, this is just my call, you can always have your decision.

I will update my Reno day by day. Recommend the good and Comments the bad. The Kai Meng ( OPEN DOOR ) ritual had perform, now waiting for the Reno to start in days time...........

This is the 3D my Id propose and it will be exactly what I want..... all lightings and furniture were purchase before the Reno starts...... I brought my ID and show him what are the items will be like, at least the 3D came out very similar .

kn39.jpg

reky.jpg

Edited by sforshor

• Like 5

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome to RT blog

Nice 3D pictures by the way

Hope to see more update pictures in future

Good luck and wish you a smooth Reno

Welcome to RT blog

Nice 3D pictures by the way

Hope to see more update pictures in future

Good luck and wish you a smooth Reno

Thank you friend....... I will. :good:

Welcome to RT, fellow 3-roomer.

Looking forward to your updates and purchases.

Thanks friend!

Being a Buddhist, I had follow whatever knowledge I know gather from the website. I personally think that, all these are in our heart. So I follow some fellow friends advise for the Kai Men ritual. As this unit I bought belongs to JTC, so it doesn't have much to hack. Now the pressure is on my ID.......... The 3D drawing presented, we shall see how similar when the renovation completes, the renovation outcome will be update day by day!

At this point of time, I will not say what company I engaged, which ID working with me now, but to state out the process during my meetings with IDS........... I had contacted almost 15 of them, but I only meet up 5.

- The very first one is a lady from from Add design. She came with another ID during our appointment. A long conversation and is quite please to see them quite pro. But the reply isn't prompt. I text this ID and she took many days to reply my text, so I decide to give it a miss.

- The second one is also a lady ID from 3D innovative, Miss Rachel. Very punctual, very well knowledge and very prompt in replying calls and texts. I meet this ID 3 times in total and whats app each other very frequent. A very dedicated ID with very good knowledge in Renovation. I decided to meet her in her showroom....... WoW....... impressed!!!! Straight away short listed her because her proposal is somewhere near my criteria.

- The third one is the ID I engaged now. A cheerful young guy with very experience knowledge , proposal and pricing a little way off my initial budget but something impress me, his hardworking and patient . I will not write too much about him right now, judge him after the Reno completes.

- The forth one is a young lady name Wendy, from (K@leido) a spamming ID firm Interior. A very young lady just came into this trade. A very cheerful and nice character. And one thing I am impress is, this lady is not pushy at all, she love to share and learn......... She knows that I will not engaged her, but we still talk for 4-5 hours. The quotation of hers is way too much my initial budget, so I give her a miss. But we still keep in touch. She will have room to be a great ID in future.

- Finally the last ID I met is from (My de sign). Mr Roger. A ID with a lot of ideas. I met him twice, and the final day was the full quotation. When I read through the quotes, I found that his hacking works is 2 times more expensive than all the quotes, he told me his cost is higher, so I decide to give him a miss too as it's really the most expensive among the rest.

At the end of the day, I shortlisted Miss Rachel & Mr J. Both designers ideas and proposal are quite similar, but Miss Rachel from 3D quotation is about 3k more expensive. So among this two IDs I have to decide on who to engaged. A very hard decision to make as both of them are the type of IDs I am expecting to work with. At the end of the day, I called this two IDs up, being very straight forward to them, asking them to give me the Final quote that they can offer and from there I will decide which one to pen.

Conclusion, I sign with Mr J. As comparing apple to apple, Mr J proposal is almost similar to Miss Rachel, and the final price is lower by around 2.5k. I felt very bad as Miss Rachel is very pro and I did not engaged her for this project, if I have 2 houses to Renovate, Miss Rachel will definitely holds one. Thank you Rachel, you are one of the best ID I come across. Good luck to you!!!

7ht9.jpgpqed.jpgwiqd8.jpg

Nice 3D. And good luck!

Thanks friend.

Today the Crystal hanging pendant light just arrive, now I have to sort out, how to assemble all these Crystal balls myself. Just ordered a coffee table in tatami style. Hope it arrive will be the same like the photo

g7uk.jpg3nq6.jpg8dyx.jpg

Whole house using LED. The best part is that I am lucky to know a big distributors selling all top grade LED strips and down lights to me. I guess his product qualities and pricing, hardly people in this trade can beat.... Thanks Gary

All using Samsung chips & good driver Meanwell

fpd6.jpgu88s.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks friend!

Being a Buddhist, I had follow whatever knowledge I know gather from the website. I personally think that, all these are in our heart. So I follow some fellow friends advise for the Kai Men ritual. As this unit I bought belongs to JTC, so it doesn't have much to hack. Now the pressure is on my ID.......... The 3D drawing presented, we shall see how similar when the renovation completes, the renovation outcome will be update day by day!

At this point of time, I will not say what company I engaged, which ID working with me now, but to state out the process during my meetings with IDS........... I had contacted almost 15 of them, but I only meet up 5.

- The very first one is a lady from ( Add Sp@ce design ). She came with another ID during our appointment. A long conversation and is quite please to see them quite pro. But the reply isn't prompt. I text this ID and she took many days to reply my text, so I decide to give it a miss.

- The second one is also a lady ID from 3D innovative, Miss Rachel. Very punctual, very well knowledge and very prompt in replying calls and texts. I meet this ID 3 times in total and whats app each other very frequent. A very dedicated ID with very good knowledge in Renovation. I decided to meet her in her showroom....... WoW....... impressed!!!! Straight away short listed her because her proposal is somewhere near my criteria.

- The third one is the ID I engaged now. A cheerful young guy with very experience knowledge , proposal and pricing a little way off my initial budget but something impress me, his hardworking and patient . I will not write too much about him right now, judge him after the Reno completes.

- The forth one is a young lady name Wendy, from (K@leido) spamming ID firm Interior. A very young lady just came into this trade. A very cheerful and nice character. And one thing I am impress is, this lady is not pushy at all, she love to share and learn......... She knows that I will not engaged her, but we still talk for 4-5 hours. The quotation of hers is way too much my initial budget, so I give her a miss. But we still keep in touch. She will have room to be a great ID in future.

- Finally the last ID I met is from (My de sign). Mr Roger. A ID with a lot of ideas. I met him twice, and the final day was the full quotation. When I read through the quotes, I found that his hacking works is 2 times more expensive than all the quotes, he told me his cost is higher, so I decide to give him a miss too as it's really the most expensive among the rest.

At the end of the day, I shortlisted Miss Rachel & Mr J. Both designers ideas and proposal are quite similar, but Miss Rachel from 3D quotation is about 3k more expensive. So among this two IDs I have to decide on who to engaged. A very hard decision to make as both of them are the type of IDs I am expecting to work with. At the end of the day, I called this two IDs up, being very straight forward to them, asking them to give me the Final quote that they can offer and from there I will decide which one to pen.

Conclusion, I sign with Mr J. As comparing apple to apple, Mr J proposal is almost similar to Miss Rachel, and the final price is lower by around 2.5k. I felt very bad as Miss Rachel is very pro and I did not engaged her for this project, if I have 2 houses to Renovate, Miss Rachel will definitely holds one. Thank you Rachel, you are one of the best ID I come across. Good luck to you!!!

7ht9.jpgpqed.jpgwiqd8.jpg

Hi sforshor, just curious when is the right time to do this ceremony?

Whole house using LED. The best part is that I am lucky to know a big distributors selling all top grade LED strips and down lights to me. I guess his product qualities and pricing, hardly people in this trade can beat.... Thanks Gary

All using Samsung chips & good driver Meanwell

fpd6.jpgu88s.jpg

That is great savings...

Can i buy through you too ? Hahahaha ~

That is great savings...

Can i buy through you too ? Hahahaha ~

Bro, contact the distributors lar. He is selling top grade LED. Pain one time, all use LED, monthly Electrical bill will reward us long term

• Like 1

Hi sforshor, just curious when is the right time to do this ceremony?

Hi friend,

I find a "good day". After getting the key, do it and open all windows and close the house for 3 days......... Since I am a Buddhist and not very into following Fengshui, I just do whatever I know, for the peace of mind.

At first I also don't know what to buy, but when you go to shop selling joss sticks, tell them you going to pray 4 corners, they will pack for you! :))

Edited by sforshor

• Like 1

Bro, contact the distributors lar. He is selling top grade LED. Pain one time, all use LED, monthly Electrical bill will reward us long term

I am just kidding bro ...

No worries, I am mostly gg to TB all the lights

• Like 1