Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Troublemaker

Bachelorette On Budget

After unsuccessful attempts with the BTOs for Singles, I have decided to buy a 3 room resale flat.

I was contemplating between a 3 room and 4 room flat but after some considerations, I decided that a 3 room flat sounds like a better idea. If the house is too big, I might feel lonely staying in it. And plus, I feel uncomfortable living with a stranger if I were to rent a room out...

I will be collecting my keys in mid March for my 3 room resale flat. Hence, during this period, I have been lurking in this forum to get more ideas. Its really a torture to look at all those furniture or home appliances and not buying them... :(

I have no idea at how extensive my renovation will be until I got the keys and inspect the flat as I realised that most of the times, the true state of the flat is being "hidden". I hope to have as little renovation as possible as I am on budget. Heehee...

I have also decided that I will not have any built-in cabinets at all because of the humid weather which can cause cabinets to have mildew etc. I will feel heart-pain if I have to tear down the built-in cabinet if there is mildew and its going to be a big project. And knowing myself, I know I will change my furniture or the position of my furniture whenever I like it, and so, its not a good idea to have those built-in cabinets for me.

I shall upload a picture of my floor plan soon. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am planning to buy a 2 seater sofa which is about 1.1m long as my living room area is pretty small. Any kind soul can help suggest any furniture shops to purchase that? I do not want any pvc/leather sofa. I prefer to have fabric sofa instead, so that I can wash the covers whenever they are dirty. :)

Thanks! But as it is a small unit of 64sqm and due to the corridor extending from the living room to the bedrooms, it is definitely a challenge to arrange my furniture. :(

But this forum has been a good help. :good:

I have been lurking around in this forum for ideas after I signed the OTP. :D

Any idea how much does it cost to re-lay the cable point for TV? It seems the original TV point is the 1.3m wall shared by Bedroom 2. Sigh...

Hi, i don't think you will need to relocate the tv point. I did a simple layout below

3RmBTOcopy.jpg

Septh, thanks for the layout! :)

I thought it look weird if the sofa is "longer" than tv console n that i will be able to see the sofa "extended out" from the master bedroom.

Hmm... i will consider on this again! :)