Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Troublemaker

Bachelorette On Budget

During our parents' era, as they dun have much $, they also did the basic necessity and can still live in with no problem.

I guess i inherit their kind of "simple" living since young. Ahahaha... So, just the basic minimal style will do! ;)

With aircon and painting the walls n the kitchen reno, i hope to keep the reno fees below 10k. Hmm... possible?

I think below 10k will be hard and tight...

Anyway share with us as you plan and go along, maybe some advice from the gurus' ideas may able to help you save up more

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oh pls mine is 35yrs ... LoL ~

Issit? But your photo looks okay leh. Must be renovated previously lah, mine reno is 10 yrs ago. :jawdrop:

Edited by ahhboi

During our parents' era, as they dun have much $, they also did the basic necessity and can still live in with no problem.

I guess i inherit their kind of "simple" living since young. Ahahaha... So, just the basic minimal style will do! ;)

With aircon and painting the walls n the kitchen reno, i hope to keep the reno fees below 10k. Hmm... possible?

Wah, you more hiong than me leh. :jawdrop::jawdrop:

10k a bit tight I think... But depend what you do, maybe can be done.

Hope budget of $10k is excluding aircon and painting? Else not likely as i think aircon around $3k, painting around $1.2K. :)

From my own place, I see Hacking and tiling are costly, so maybe can save if you not planning on any tiling works.

Ya, agree tiling are expensive. I only manage to do up one toilet only due to my budget. And it eats up almost 1/2 my budget already.

I think it is quite impossible for the Budget below 10k. Aircon and painting itself cost around 4k plus already. You have not calculate those electrical point and rewiring yet. These add up together will simply cost a 6k to 7k.

Hacking work and minor Capentry, lastly whole house windows & grilles 2-3 k already. I think 15k will be just nice +/-

My 2 cents worth

No tiling, no hacking of walls (just hacking of the cement kitchen hob), no rewiring, no carpentry...

Heehee...

No carpentry? So your kitchen cabinets will also be off-the-shelf cabinets arh? :)

I intend to paint myself to save some money! Ahahahah...

:good: great you are handy with painting. Me know zero so have to pay to get the place painted. Hahhah....

Edited by koori

No carpentry? So your kitchen cabinets will also be off-the-shelf cabinets arh? :)

:good: great you are handy with painting. Me know zero so have to pay to get the place painted. Hahhah....

Yes! I bought a kitchen cabinet from FrancFranc last month as i don't fancy built-in cabinet.

I went to my new house and found that there are black and white stains on the homogenous tiles. The homogenous tiles are those reflective type.

Does anyone know how to remove those stains on the tiles? Its not the dirt on the grout.

I went to my new house and found that there are black and white stains on the homogenous tiles. The homogenous tiles are those reflective type.

Does anyone know how to remove those stains on the tiles? Its not the dirt on the grout.

Can you take picture and show us ?