Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bryanang89

Our Love Nest @ Buangkok

Hi all, new to here as well. Would like to diary down my first renovation process with my new bto premium 4-room. Hopefully to be done before my wedding on november which is definitely possible :)

Bought my flat on March 2011 and exactly 3 years later, I am getting my keys tomorrow! So eager about it. Hope this renovation will be a smooth and happy one!

Next, let's talk about the ID/contractor i engaged.

1) summit design studio - met with ID ck. A quiet and monotonos guy haha. First impression was quite okay and thus waited for his quotation. Quotation was replied to me however i did not agree anything and decided to look for more ID or contractors. After getting quotation, i find that it is abit pricey, thus did not engaged further.

2) the interior place - met with william, a over friendly guy, but who is not friendly doing such business :D very approachable guy and ack what i told him and needs. As per normal, will update me with quotation. Quote came as well, but due to over friendlyness, did not engaged as well as i find it abit pushy.

3) inside living - met with martin, very good and friendly. Show me his port folio and the procedures of his renovation process. Amazed at first. And i did a mistakes, downpayment 300 for his design which i dont know why i did that. Learn from mistakes. Subsequently, things does not turn out good? Design was updated to me. So fAr so good, looks good. But askig for the quotation and budget, say will take more time. Waited and waited, did not reply and drag his time. Feel the not sincere feeling. Did not engaged him.

4) icon interior design - met up with tytus, who was intro by my friend. A young chap who give me ideas and recommend me design and budget constraint. I have not sign up with him yet but most likely will be. One thing is the reliablility, reponsiveness, prompt and service. I believe ID must be prompt in things they do and dont over promise and cant deliver.

5) find a few contractors not Id, price wise not alot of difference, due to my work, i believe having a ID is a more hassle free process.

Choosing an ID or contractor is really tiring. Comparing quotation and having trust is **** lot of work. And to choose, is more difficult and i believe once u decided, dont regret. Work hand in hand and pray hard :)

Lets hope my home can be up soon and more pictures will be shown! Do give me advice if anyone care to share during renovation?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation