Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Vct

My Anyhow Reno, Anyhow Theme But No Anyhow Budget Reno

So far so good, not much complain except the workers dumping some food wrappers at one corner and attracted ants to Pre-house warming. Will upload more pics when i go down again.

Waiting for your reno pics also...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So far so good, not much complain except the workers dumping some food wrappers at one corner and attracted ants to Pre-house warming. Will upload more pics when i go down again.

Waiting for your reno pics also...

Thanks.

I will be taking my keys this Friday, then I will post the current house state (Better than I remember when I went for the inspection ytd).

Then I will meet the selected ID and choose from there.

Thanks.

I will be taking my keys this Friday, then I will post the current house state (Better than I remember when I went for the inspection ytd).

Congrats on your key collection this friday! Key collection is one of the most exciting part i believe for most of us here to start with, the feeling....... Shiok! But i can see that you are actively searching for home products unlike me, everything last minute. Even when my reno already started, only thing i got so far is my fridge and washing machine. Fortunately my contractor includes the system 4 air-con for me if not i will have one more headache. :unsure:

Edited by Vct

I also Plaster my kitchen without putting any tiles....... save cost and cool looking too... :jammin:

Yes, save on hacking and tiling cost. Save a few K here.

Waiting for your reno pics bro, smooth smooth reno everyone.

So I can plaster over my old tiles or not har?

Thanks.

Congrats!! Finally it's your turn! :lol:

Congrats on your key collection this friday! Key collection is one of the most exciting part i believe for most of us here to start with, the feeling....... Shiok! But i can see that you are actively searching for home products unlike me, everything last minute. Even when my reno already started, only thing i got so far is my fridge and washing machine. Fortunately my contractor includes the system 4 air-con for me if not i will have one more headache. :unsure:

Although actively searching but to no result.

LoL ~

Congrats!! Finally it's your turn! :lol:

Thanks.

So I can plaster over my old tiles or not har?

Why not?? But if your kitchen is heavy usage type then not so recommended, cos not easy to clean i think. For me and wifey, we rarely cook so not much issue, after plastering smooth, it will be like the walls in your living room (normal walls). My contractor say its the trend now (dunno true or not) but ultimately ------> save $$$ :good:

Why not?? But if your kitchen is heavy usage type then not so recommended, cos not easy to clean i think. For me and wifey, we rarely cook so not much issue, after plastering smooth, it will be like the walls in your living room (normal walls). My contractor say its the trend now (dunno true or not) but ultimately ------> save $$$ :good:

OIC, lidat quite good idea to me. Must plan for my 2nd phase kitchen reno.

For me, I only cook magi mee nia, so will be fine for me. lol

think got option - just paint over if it gets too 'dirty'. :D

• Like 1

Lol koori, thats a good idea! I give u another idea, can choose colour also hahaha....

Lol koori, thats a good idea! I give u another idea, can choose colour also hahaha....

If you are good with a paintbrush you can get a new color, maybe once a year before CNY? :rofl:

• Like 1

Anyone has lobang for granite undermount kitchen sink? Been looking around and price is really steep, sigh.....

Anyway, went up to see my hse reno progress and toilet tiles up! Suddenly i ask my contractor when she boxing up my toilet pipe and she answered "u wan box up meh"? Wah piang, thats the problem when everything is not in black n white which i told her earlier on. Then she say ok she will do it for me no xtra cost BUT normal water proved partition with no tiles. No tiles?? Will it look awful? Only thing i could thought of is to paint it close to my wall colour. She say if put tiles dangerous, will drop off. Blah blah blah... Ok dont waste my time, move on next, when changing my rubbish chute cover? "You wan to change meh? At this moment, i almost wan to **** her upside down! My mind telling me calm down, see quotation now and she say oh ya have have....

She maybe be blur at times but she is not the calculative type like she will not charge for small additional items like adding kerb to my main entrance, adding soft closing mechanism on all doors and wifey requested to extend my kitchen cabinet by half a foot long at no xtra charges. All this items are added after i pen down on my quotation.

Well.. Sometimes bo pian have to give and take here and there, sibeh tired.

Anyone has lobang for granite undermount kitchen sink? Been looking around and price is really steep, sigh.....

Anyway, went up to see my hse reno progress and toilet tiles up! Suddenly i ask my contractor when she boxing up my toilet pipe and she answered "u wan box up meh"? Wah piang, thats the problem when everything is not in black n white which i told her earlier on. Then she say ok she will do it for me no xtra cost BUT normal water proved partition with no tiles. No tiles?? Will it look awful? Only thing i could thought of is to paint it close to my wall colour. She say if put tiles dangerous, will drop off. Blah blah blah... Ok dont waste my time, move on next, when changing my rubbish chute cover? "You wan to change meh? At this moment, i almost wan to **** her upside down! My mind telling me calm down, see quotation now and she say oh ya have have....

She maybe be blur at times but she is not the calculative type like she will not charge for small additional items like adding kerb to my main entrance, adding soft closing mechanism on all doors and wifey requested to extend my kitchen cabinet by half a foot long at no xtra charges. All this items are added after i pen down on my quotation.

Well.. Sometimes bo pian have to give and take here and there, sibeh tired.

For the sink I can only think of amazon.

Always good to list all the things inside the quotation to prevent any misunderstanding i gues.

Always pros and cons to some IDs/contractor.

Hi Vct, I wonder if granite sink ur referring to ones like Blanco granite sink type.. U can check out Hoe Kee which is where we got ours from but we got matching sink tap to match e color of my sink so tat package was 600+.. But they have a variety of sizes n partitioning for e granite sinks.. We chose e deep n broad single compartment styled one cos hubby says it's practical for big pots n pans without having to put them on e top of e cabinet, near e sink edge to wash if it's a small sink space.. Anyway practicality wise think some of us don't really require 2 or more sink compartments but jus buy for e look of it also waste extra worktop space.. U can check them out they have some promos going on sure can find a blanco granite sink within ur budget.. All e best!

http://www.hoekee.com.sg/promotions.html