Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrslee07

Mr And Mrs Lee's Happy Home In The Making...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nowadays my window-shopping time and focus is spent on household appliances more than anything else! It's quite funny,.. fancy talking about brands of hobs and hoods and ovens instead of shoes and bags and dresses etc. Haha.

Anyway, hubby and I were at HV for lunch yesterday and walked into Parisilk to check out their prices. Wow, just when we thought Goh Ah Bee has already one of the lowest prices around.... Parisilk surprised us at their even more competitive pricing!! Think we're likely going to get some stuffs from them. But we'll probably get down to buying it when we get the keys... don't think they can hold stock as long as those bigger dept stores. The salesman also told us not to worry, just buy only when it's time because the prices aren't going to fluctuate. No hard-selling, very good. Love it when we discover a good deal!! A place to consider for those who are looking around for houshold appliances... heh heh.

Edited by mrslee07

• Like 1

Hi mrslee

Hope you the best and smooth reno in the future.

Thanks shockwave! How long more before handing over for your flat reno completion? Looking forward to seeing completed pics (and more feedback on our ID) hehe

Nowadays my window-shopping time and focus is spent on household appliances more than anything else! It's quite funny,.. fancy talking about brands of hobs and hoods and ovens instead of shoes and bags and dresses etc. Haha.

Anyway, hubby and I were at HV for lunch yesterday and walked into Parisilk to check out their prices. Wow, just when we thought Goh Ah Bee has already one of the lowest prices around.... Parisilk surprised us at their even more competitive pricing!! Think we're likely going to get some stuffs from them. But we'll probably get down to buying it when we get the keys... don't think they can hold stock as long as those bigger dept stores. The salesman also told us not to worry, just buy only when it's time because the prices aren't going to fluctuate. No hard-selling, very good. Love it when we discover a good deal!! A place to consider for those who are looking around for houshold appliances... heh heh.

Thanks for the information.

Recently a friend of mine recommend Heritage & Universal Union (Few shop away) at Geyland (Lorong 44 I think).

Was told that their pricing is very competitive, you may want to go over and take a look there too.

Thanks for the information.

Recently a friend of mine recommend Heritage & Universal Union (Few shop away) at Geyland (Lorong 44 I think).

Was told that their pricing is very competitive, you may want to go over and take a look there too.

Thanks Songz for the intel!

does this mean that non HDB registered contractors cannot do HDB reno ? :dunno:

is there a 'grey' area other than what's stated there by HDB? hmm... not sure...

Thanks shockwave! How long more before handing over for your flat reno completion? Looking forward to seeing completed pics (and more feedback on our ID) hehe

Maybe in a month time. Yesterday dropped by doing painting. next week will be installing lighting etc. Hopefully carpentry will be the following week. Already took pictures but no time to upload. hehehe

Some updates... since the weekend came and went!

Hubby and I did a lot of window shopping and shopping this weekend for furniture and kitchen stuffs.

We've settled on our sofa and dining set from Living Solutions at Sungei Kadut. Hubby actually stumbled upon this place at the Northstar showroom and we decided to check out their sungei kadut showroom which is bigger.

We also bought our coffee table from Xclusive Home.

Regarding kitchen stuffs... we have decided on the Blanco Pleon 9 granite kitchen sink from Hoe Kee... it's such a super power-house!! i just love it compared to the stainless steel types. Glad that hubby is on board with this as well.

We're due to meet our ID again this coming Saturday to select laminates and to discuss on the 3D drawings etc. I'm wondering if we should go for a modern-look kitchen, which will mean likely bolder colours... or should we go for a more simple wood/white kind of look? Someone did highlight to me before that a modern-looking kitchen sometimes doesn't withstand the passing of time and I might grow tired of the colours chosen... whereas a simpler/classic kitchen look will be more timeless. Options, options... decisions....

We were also looking around for our preferred kitchen hood, hob and oven... and it's quite funny because it looks likely that we will end up buying different brands for each of them. Hubby is basically leaving it entirely to me to choose the brands/models I like regarding these items in the kitchen... hehe, which is good. Don't think it's necessary for us to settle on the same brand since i'm looking at for design and functionalities more than just a blanket branding preference. For these items though, we won't be buying so soon as the neighbourhood-type shops also prefer us to just order and deliver within a week.

The TV is giving us a headache now. We were initially thinking of just getting a LED SMART TV (likely 55inch or 60inch) but over the weekend we were introduced to this 4K technology... and the salesman we met at Courts was trying to convince us of buying the newer technology especially when we are considering having a big tv. Hubby said he did notice some difference in resolution and 'lag-time' of the motion pictures... obviously 4K is the better BUT the more expensive one here.

We still have time so will do abit more research and thinking... welcome feedback and thoughts on TV options too if anyone is happy to contribute!

And in other news, it's 1st April!! Which means i'm expecting to collect keys this month (if all goes to plan)... woohoo can't wait!!

Some updates... since the weekend came and went!

Hubby and I did a lot of window shopping and shopping this weekend for furniture and kitchen stuffs.

We've settled on our sofa and dining set from Living Solutions at Sungei Kadut. Hubby actually stumbled upon this place at the Northstar showroom and we decided to check out their sungei kadut showroom which is bigger.

We also bought our coffee table from Xclusive Home.

Regarding kitchen stuffs... we have decided on the Blanco Pleon 9 granite kitchen sink from Hoe Kee... it's such a super power-house!! i just love it compared to the stainless steel types. Glad that hubby is on board with this as well.

We're due to meet our ID again this coming Saturday to select laminates and to discuss on the 3D drawings etc. I'm wondering if we should go for a modern-look kitchen, which will mean likely bolder colours... or should we go for a more simple wood/white kind of look? Someone did highlight to me before that a modern-looking kitchen sometimes doesn't withstand the passing of time and I might grow tired of the colours chosen... whereas a simpler/classic kitchen look will be more timeless. Options, options... decisions....

We were also looking around for our preferred kitchen hood, hob and oven... and it's quite funny because it looks likely that we will end up buying different brands for each of them. Hubby is basically leaving it entirely to me to choose the brands/models I like regarding these items in the kitchen... hehe, which is good. Don't think it's necessary for us to settle on the same brand since i'm looking at for design and functionalities more than just a blanket branding preference. For these items though, we won't be buying so soon as the neighbourhood-type shops also prefer us to just order and deliver within a week.

The TV is giving us a headache now. We were initially thinking of just getting a LED SMART TV (likely 55inch or 60inch) but over the weekend we were introduced to this 4K technology... and the salesman we met at Courts was trying to convince us of buying the newer technology especially when we are considering having a big tv. Hubby said he did notice some difference in resolution and 'lag-time' of the motion pictures... obviously 4K is the better BUT the more expensive one here.

We still have time so will do abit more research and thinking... welcome feedback and thoughts on TV options too if anyone is happy to contribute!

And in other news, it's 1st April!! Which means i'm expecting to collect keys this month (if all goes to plan)... woohoo can't wait!!

Sungei Kadut have a lot furniture shops which sell lower than some places. :good:

The only thing is that got to check their reputation before buying as there are quite some bad workmanship furniture shop.

For kitchen hoob & hob, you can consider Fujioh brand, think universal union / heritage is selling cheap and the review of this brand is quite good.

For TV, higher series will be better resolution which enable you to get a bigger TV.

If you are interested I can sell you my TV, a 55 Inch Samsung at the price i got with the freebies (New) - delivery is 21st April.

Reason : 2 IDs i met say 55 Inch is a bit big for the distance of my Sofa & TV (Fixed and cannot change :( ), 46 inch will be better.

Sungei Kadut have a lot furniture shops which sell lower than some places. :good:

The only thing is that got to check their reputation before buying as there are quite some bad workmanship furniture shop.

For kitchen hoob & hob, you can consider Fujioh brand, think universal union / heritage is selling cheap and the review of this brand is quite good.

For TV, higher series will be better resolution which enable you to get a bigger TV.

If you are interested I can sell you my TV, a 55 Inch Samsung at the price i got with the freebies (New) - delivery is 21st April.

Reason : 2 IDs i met say 55 Inch is a bit big for the distance of my Sofa & TV (Fixed and cannot change :( ), 46 inch will be better.

Thanks Songz... hubby and I are not decided yet about TV and we still some way to go so i don't think we can make a decision on that yet. Thanks for the offer... why don't you consider putting your TV up for sale on forum? Think there's a section for buy and sell items yea?

For hob, my preferred brand is Bosch, which has a good rep also... already eyeing one model already. As for Hood, am eyeing the Delizia Tabla Cap model. Not as well-known around the forum but i saw it and loved it immediately. haha.

Another thing we are thinking about now is the Home Theatre sound system. Not sure if we should go for brands like Philips/Samsung/Sony kind or the more professional brands like Onkyo/Denon/Yamaha. We found that a 5.1 set up for the entry levels of Onkyo/Denon/Yamaha is not that expensive as well. But the AV receiver is so bulky looking... as compared to the slim and slick soundbar or those players that come with wifi/blueray etc with...

Thanks Songz... hubby and I are not decided yet about TV and we still some way to go so i don't think we can make a decision on that yet. Thanks for the offer... why don't you consider putting your TV up for sale on forum? Think there's a section for buy and sell items yea?

For hob, my preferred brand is Bosch, which has a good rep also... already eyeing one model already. As for Hood, am eyeing the Delizia Tabla Cap model. Not as well-known around the forum but i saw it and loved it immediately. haha.

Another thing we are thinking about now is the Home Theatre sound system. Not sure if we should go for brands like Philips/Samsung/Sony kind or the more professional brands like Onkyo/Denon/Yamaha. We found that a 5.1 set up for the entry levels of Onkyo/Denon/Yamaha is not that expensive as well. But the AV receiver is so bulky looking... as compared to the slim and slick soundbar or those players that come with wifi/blueray etc with...

Hello Mrs Lee ! Bosch is having a promotion now on their Hood and Hob! Quite attractive deal :) Have you check it out? :D :D

Hello Mrs Lee ! Bosch is having a promotion now on their Hood and Hob! Quite attractive deal :) Have you check it out? :D :D

Thanks Makito! yup am aware of the promo... hehe...

Where is the promo? Can share link?