Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrslee07

Mr And Mrs Lee's Happy Home In The Making...

Where is the promo? Can share link?

I don't see it via links or website... i realised there's Bosch promo when I visited Parisilk, Goh Ah Bee and Lion City Co... all have stickers in their shop on the Bosch promo going on.

Besides Bosch i think there were other promos... can't remember though.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Haha thanks Songz!

But just my 2 cents' worth... getting these hood and hob separately from those famous neighbourhood shops will give you a cheaper pricing compared to what's posted here.

Yap.

From what I know the $499 promo, the neighborhood that time sell for $455 only if I rem correctly.

Personally unless u are an early adopter, forget about 4K screens for now.

Also depends on what you watch.

The TV is giving us a headache now. We were initially thinking of just getting a LED SMART TV (likely 55inch or 60inch) but over the weekend we were introduced to this 4K technology... and the salesman we met at Courts was trying to convince us of buying the newer technology especially when we are considering having a big tv. Hubby said he did notice some difference in resolution and 'lag-time' of the motion pictures... obviously 4K is the better BUT the more expensive one here.

We still have time so will do abit more research and thinking... welcome feedback and thoughts on TV options too if anyone is happy to contribute!

Personally unless u are an early adopter, forget about 4K screens for now.

Also depends on what you watch.

Thanks Lala81... makes sense. We spoke to many friends who shared the same sentiment. So I guess a normal LED (perhaps SMART tv) would do for us. But bigger the better... hahaha

So the weekend has been another busy busy weekend for hubby and I.

We meet up with our ID, to review the 3D drawings (made many changes to design and colour) and also to choose our laminates.

We will be overlaying the MBR toilet so we also went for tiles-shopping. ID brought us to Hafary @ Balestier Road... spoilt for choice indeed. Heard about Hafary from other forummers and finally stepped foot into it. It was a BUSY day... with many people tile-shopping with their contractors or IDs. So after spending 2.5hours there, we finally selected our tiles. So much time JUST on toilet tiles for one toilet! Can't imagine having to do a full tile selection for the whole house... but I imagine it to be fun albeit tiring. We have already opted in for doors and tiles by HDB earlier so that's not necessary for us. Really hope the tiles by HDB are not too fugly.

I'm pretty pleased with our toilet tiles selection and very hopeful for it to turn out well. Will share the tile selections soon after I get to take a pic and upload them.

We're going for a modern black-and-white theme in our living/dining area, which is also what our ID felt we should go for. hopefully the revised 3D drawings will make us agree with this choice even more.

ID also brought us to *** Gallery for toilet sink and WC selection... so expensive!! ID mentioned this shop is good because they offer on-site warranty and will go replace anything on site if there's any defect with their good. I'm not sure if we really need that. Heritage and Lite Fusion weren't even that expensive... not sure if it's the brands that led to the price differentiation... but seriously that's just nuts. So we told our ID that we will source for these items on our own.

ID also brought us to a lighting shop further down the road at Balestier... can't remember the shop's name suddenly. Also has this on-site and 1 year warranty thingy. Will come down to our place to replace any defect goods or bulbs blow etc... quoted us $1.9k for downlights for the whole house (besides the rooms) and lights for bomb shelter, kitchen, service yard, and bedrooms. One ceiling light for kitchen costs like $400+.... i can't come to terms with it!! So again, told ID we will source for lights ourselves separately. Geez...

Can't wait for key collection! And seriously praying that the defects found in our unit will be kept to a minimum.... *crosses fingers*

I've been 'poisoned' to UP the Home Theater System and of course the budget after a visit to Courts Megastore.

Somehow I don't think thats the best place to buy AV system.. Sim Lim or Aldephi is a better choice. But for noobs like us those places would be a scary place to venture to without prior knowledge or knowledge of the exact setup we want... haha any one care to advise?

Also read about heat dissipation in concealed/closed TV console cabinet/drawers... anyone have any solutions for this?

Was wondering if can get the carpenter to cut some holes at the back and install PC fans (read somewhere) but dust will sure accumulate there..

or if opening the 'door' of the drawer be sufficient for heat to be dissipated...

Advises anyone? Thanks!

oh... and lastly... Kitchen Appliances and Washing Machine and Dryer..

In a fix now... Washing Machine (Top load vs side load)

Dryer to buy or not to buy...

Side load of cuz i can stack them up.. and quieter

but i've been using top load for ages and they are much cheaper... but will need to find space for dryer (if we are gonna buy)

comments anyone?

Good dryer or side load washing machines on average costs about 900+

Another big item on my list that is bothering me is the fridge...

we can only get 1 door... and was advised to get a bigger capacity one...

Initially was getting a 1 door korean brand one will do (simple n cheap)[cost abt 1.2k?]

but now seems like it will be those big brands 1 door fridges instead... [on avg cost about 1.5k?]

Should we go for a bigger capacity and more branded one? or cheaper one that we can replace easily when its spoilt?

ID also brought us to a lighting shop further down the road at Balestier... can't remember the shop's name suddenly. Also has this on-site and 1 year warranty thingy. Will come down to our place to replace any defect goods or bulbs blow etc... quoted us $1.9k for downlights for the whole house (besides the rooms) and lights for bomb shelter, kitchen, service yard, and bedrooms. One ceiling light for kitchen costs like $400+.... i can't come to terms with it!! So again, told ID we will source for lights ourselves separately. Geez...

You are better off buying your own stuff than to patronize those shops. Taobao may be a better venue, many others are getting lightings from TB now.

I settle my dining, living and kitchen, 4 lights for RMB830. And these arent that shabby lights either.

• Like 2

Another big item on my list that is bothering me is the fridge...

we can only get 1 door... and was advised to get a bigger capacity one...

Initially was getting a 1 door korean brand one will do (simple n cheap)[cost abt 1.2k?]

but now seems like it will be those big brands 1 door fridges instead... [on avg cost about 1.5k?]

Should we go for a bigger capacity and more branded one? or cheaper one that we can replace easily when its spoilt?

Care to share why one door?

Care to share why one door?

haha think we meant 2-door. not the side-by-side door fridge kind.

Putting fridge in the corner meaning we don't have space to have 4-door fridge that open both ways.

haha think we meant 2-door. not the side-by-side door fridge kind.

Putting fridge in the corner meaning we don't have space to have 4-door fridge that open both ways.

Oh, if that is the case, can consider the Panasonic inverter one. Typical 2 door but with freezer compartment below.

Freezer below suit our lifestyle as normally it is the cooling compartment is used more.

So opening, no need to bend down to see things below. Price now is below $1200, think about 600liters external volume.

Dont fancy side by side, individual compartment are small, not good for thing like a whole chicken, a 1kg cake etc.

Also the price is another issue, higher by a few hundreds or even 1K. Size also matters, HDB small kitchen dont suit side by side as well.

Side by side reduces table top space, for other appliances and preparation of food.