Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blessedstar

My Ground Floor Dream Home

Hi all! I've really benefitted from this forum so as like everyone, I thought I'd start this to share my experiences and some good items that I sourced in the process of renovations! Pay it forward!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am! Renos almost finishing now, but I thought it be good to document what went on, maybe can help others. I don't think I did as much homework comparing quotes and all (not as hardworking!), but perhaps by sharing some of the vendors and products that were good (which I used), can also be a good reference point for others :)

Sorry ah, noob question - how to upload pics here ah?

Ahhh! Can! Success!!!:good:

Maybe I start by documenting my search for a ceiling fan. I really love beautiful fans, so I looked at the Haiku, Aeratron, Sycamore and also the Spin fan. But because my ceiling is quite low, I narrowed down to the Haiku and Spin fan, with the smallest drop-down of 10" from ceiling to blade. Both uses DC motor, very quiet and energy efficient.

I ended up buying the Spin fan in Savannah color (gorgeous wood), but ended up getting a big NO NO from my ID because he says the Haiku in cocoa (dark brown) would go better with the decor. Yikes! :(

So now gotta sell the fan. ANYONE INTERESTED?? I have two SPIN fans in the gorgeous wood color for sale, if anyone keen, drop me a PM and we can talk offline :)

Edited by blessedstar

The other ceiling fan I saw and liked also is the Minka Aire Artemis fan, sold at Elmark. Very beautifully sculptured, but when I went to test the fan, I felt it didn't move a lot of wind :( Still find that the Haiku and Spin fans are best in moving wind.

Also installed KDK fans in my other bedrooms. M11SU (shortest blade at 44") in my smaller bedrooms, but this is already discontinued, very hard to find this model now. R48SP in the other bedrooms, 48" blade. Both tested and good at moving wind in the rooms :good:

I just wanted to chime is that the fan is very nice!

You may wish to consider just staining it yourself to the desired colour since it's already wood.

Thanks troublemaker! I will try... To start off, maybe I'll see if I can upload the fan I bought first....

gallery_57657_318_4415.jpg

whats this model and how much issit ah? any other colors? look like haiku but its not...