Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Everyone,

First time renovating my 4- room BTO flat, received quite a few quote, not sure if i missed out any other details.

The scope of the renovation work

-Kitchen (Cabinet, sliding to seperate kitchen and living room)

-Windows grilles for the entire flat( Service Yard, Living Room,MBR, Bedroom 1 & 2)

-Install sliding window at service yard.

-Painting and general cleaning of the flat.

-Electrical works

-Glass panel for MBR toilet

Quote No.1

A Wet Work
1 Supply labour & material to construct base for kitchen cabinet both side 1 lot 300.00
B Plumbing Work
1 Supply labour & materials to install kitchen sink and connect kitchen sink tap 1 lot 120.00
2 Supply labour to install bath room accessories 1 lot 60.00
C Windows and doors works
1 To fabricate and install entire whole house window grill in black color. *Note: only the middle porition of the window
117 sqf 994.50
**Optional: To increase height to cover full window height ( including top hung and fix
panel)(additional 42sqf S$357)
2 To fabricate and install sliding window @ service balcony (black frame with green tinted
glass)
36 sqf 576.00
D Wall Finishes
1 Supply and paint the entire unit in selected emulsion paint (ICI Dulux Wash and wear)
(max. 5 color)
1 lot 1,400.00 1,400.00
E Carpentry works (external in laminated finish with white PVC finish internally)
Cabinet are equip with normal soft closing for swing door and drawer
Kitchen
1 Fabricate and install top and bottom hung kitchen cabinet 25 ftr 120.00 3,000.00
2 Fabricate and install solid surface top to kitchen cabinet 16.5 ftr 80.00 1,320.00
Optional: Fabricate and install iQuartz top to kitchen cabinet (additional S$1085)
3 Fabricate and install Flip-up table top in laminate finish (size: 750mm by 600mm) 1 no 350.00
Master Bedroom
4 Fabricate and install cantilever TV console 5 ftr 650.00
Master Bedroom Toilet
5 Fabricate and install swing door mirror cabinet above wash basin and Water closet 4.5 ftr 585.00
Living room
6 Fabricate and install cantilever TV consoler 8 ftr 1,040.00

7 Fabricate and install laminated top baywindow cabinet with swing door opening from the
front side
11.5 ftr 1,495.00
F Glass Work
1 Supply and install tempered glass sliding door to entrance of the kitchen 1 lot 800.00
2 Supply and install fix tempered panel glass to master bedroom toilet in between water
closet and shower area (size: 900mm L by 1900mm Ht)
1 no 350.00
3 Supply and install fix tempered panel glass to common toilet in between water closet and
shower area (size: 800mm L by 1900mm Ht)
1 no 350.00
G Electrical Works
1 To install light fitting 12 nos 180.00
2 To install hood point switch control 1 no 40.00
H Others
1 Haulage of Goods and disposal of reno rubbish 1 lot 400.00
2 To chemical clean up floor and windows after renovation works 1 lot 400.00
Amount :14,410.50
7% GST :1,008.74
Total SGD :15,419.24

Quote No.2

From a contractor, however there are no gst included.

1 Construct one no. toilet shower curb 110.00

2 Supply and install one no. sliding door tempered glass shower screen 650.00

3 Supply and instal one no. kitchen tempered glass sliding door. 730.00

4 Construct 2 nos. kitchen cabinet base 220.00

5 Construct kitchen basin concrete stand 650.00

6 Supply and install one no. kitchen high and low cabinet in laminate finish. 2,380.00

7 Supply and install one no. granti table top 930.00

8 Supply and install one no. kitchen low cabinet in laminate finish. 1,100.00

9 Supply and install one no. granti table top 1,030.00

10 Connect the water tap and drainage pipe 90.00

11 Supply and install service balcony sliding door window 500.00

12 Supply and install living room & 3 bedrooms aluminium window grille 550.00

13 Window film for living room, 3 bedrooms and service balcony (USA product) 1,100.00

14 Painting whole house (Nippon or ICI), Matex (white) for ceiling 1,300.00

15 Supply and install living room low cabinet in laminate finish. 880.00

16 Chemical wash whole house flooring 250.00

17 Cartoon cardboard cover flooring 150.00

Grand total :

12,620.00 Edited by lookaround

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

From the 2 quotes, which one you feel more comfortable with?

• Quotations?
  • Quality of materials?
  • Workmanship?
  • Meet to your expectations?

Been getting quotes recently myself. The tempered glass prices seems ok. Cabinet of $120 is quite standard.. Not high not low. Others I can't comment, cos never really breakdown those. The iQuartz seems high though. I've been quoted $50 per foot for solid top and $120 per foot for iQuartz.

me="Dylanchua" post="851487" timestamp="1397656524"]Been getting quotes recently myself. The tempered glass prices seems ok. Cabinet of $120 is quite standard.. Not high not low. Others I can't comment, cos never really breakdown those. The iQuartz seems high though. I've been quoted $50 per foot for solid top and $120 per foot for iQuartz.

Hi guys,I have been quoted $110 per ft for Iquartz as well as granite.Im not sure which woule be better? Kindly advise.

Thanks

From what I heard, granite is natural stone, porous, so will absorb fluids. And it has joint lines. Cos it's natural and comes in all sizes in natural form.

IQuartz is non porous and man made so no join lines. But cannot tahan heat as well as granite.

From what I heard, granite is natural stone, porous, so will absorb fluids. And it has joint lines. Cos it's natural and comes in all sizes in natural form.

IQuartz is non porous and man made so no join lines. But cannot tahan heat as well as granite.

Thanks for the info. But wanted to check for Iquartz & quartz, is there a difference? I see most prefer getting Iquartz since its heat resistent unlike solid surface top.. Confused over which top to settle for..

In the end, i settle for Quote 3 from a ID.

Wet Works

1 To supply labor and material to construct 2 nos cabinet bases $290.00

2 To supply labor and materials to construct fridge bases $90.00

3 To supply labor and materials to construct washing machines bases $130.00

4 To supply labor and materials to construct shower kerb $70.00

Total Wet Work Cost $580

Plumbing works

1 To supply labor and materials to extend stainless steel piping @ existing HDB copper piping point for new kitchen sink position $180

2 To supply and lay conseal PVC piping for drainage area @ kitchen sink $90

3 To supply and lay conseal PVC piping for drainage area @ washing machine $110

4 To supply labour only to install storage heater c/w storage heater stainless steel piping extension for hot & cold $140

5 To supply labor only to install toilet/whole house accessories FOC

6 To supply labor only to install & connect new kitchen sink & tap FOC

7 To supply labor only to install 2nos mini-spray sets FOC

Total Plumbing works $520

Ceiling/Parition works

1 To supply labor and materials to construct full height 2 sided partition wall c/w wood base board @ foyer area $430

Total Ceiling/Parition works 430

Glass works

1 To supply labor and materials to install full height plain edge clear mirror @ foyer area partition wall $450

2 To supply labor and materials to install designer series full height plain edge strip effect clear mirror @ foyer area partition wall 530

3 To supply labor and materials to install 2 D casement glass door between kitchen partition $580

4 To supply labor and install 1 set tempered glass shower screen @ master bathroom [1pcs fixed , 1casement[ $530

Total Glass works :2090

Aluminium Windows works

1 To supply and install HDB approve standards grade aluminium sliding window grill @ service yard, living/dining & 3 bedrooms/[max height 4 ft][bronze/Silver] $980

2 To supply labor and material to install 1 set powder coated sliding aluminium window @ service yard c/w HDB approved coloured glass. $680

Total Aluminium works $1660

Electrical works

1 To supply labor only to install internal light fixtures @ HDB standard ceiling light points(13 lighting points,lighting provided by owner) FOC

Total Electrical works $0

Carpentery works

Foyer Area

1 To fabricate and install full height shoes cabinets c/w casement door, ABS trimming, soft close mechanim hingers and designers handler in laminate finish[est 3ft] $650

Living Room

2 To fabricate and install low height storage cabinets daybeds c/w PVC cushion, casement sling door, ABS trimming, slow close mechanism hindges & designer handles in laminate finishes [est 10.5ft] $1470

Master Bathroom area

3 To fabricate and install suspended storage cabinets c/w 1 sliding mirror door, top and bottom coverlight , internal shelving, ABS trimming and designer handles in PVC finishes [est 5 ft] $690

Kitchen Area

4 To fabricate and install top tread removable pelmet box up in laminate finish @ both side 700

5 To fabricate and install top & bottom kitchen cabinet c/w ABS trimming, slow close mechanicsm hindges, 2 set of drawers and designer handles in laminate finish[est 20 ft] $2000

6 To supply and install 1 no frosted glass for kitchen cabinet FOC

7 To supply and install 1 nos 2-tier stainless stell dish rack FOC

8 To supply labor only to install cooker hob and hood FOC

9 To supply and install1 no PVC cutlery tray

10 To supply and install polyester base heavy duty solid surface worktop c/w front profile & backsplash [est 17ft][Test and appoved by PSB] 1150

*All carpentry works are all using solid 3 plywood c/w high pressure laminate finish, use only local laminate materials, material quality assured

Total carpentry costs=6660

Misc works

1 To supply labor and materials to pain whole unit using Original Nippon/ICI paint [4+1 colors] include Matex paint for ceiling (min two coats), painting of all PVC/stainless steel pipes, all doors, door frame c/w glossy paint if needed, main gaite c/w glossy paint if needed $1060

2 To supply labor and materials to acid wash for entire unit FOC

3 To supply labor and materials to do general cleanin for entire unit FOC

4 To supply labor and materials to lay corrugated paper for whole house by HDB haulage FOC

5 HDB parking of skip tank at loading and unloading fees FOC

6 HDB Permit and handling fees FOC

7 Haulage and debris removal fees [include upload of sand] As charged as per receipt

Total misc work :$1060 + ?

Total renovation cost = $13000*

* does not include haulage and debris removal fee and additional electical routing.

do let us know which you selected in the end and the reasons why :good: good luck!

In the end, we settled for quote 3.

- Budget and price, i have met countless of IDs, freelance IDs and contractors, even after i tell them my expected budget, they still exceed the budget and included alot of unneccessary stuff i do not require.

- Time , i have been meeting all this renovation ppl for about 5 months and most of the neighbours have already moved in to estate.

- Missy seemed quite keen on engaging this ID as she has seem his work.

- The quote seem pretty ok as compared to some of the quotes that i have seemed where certain items are inflated.

From the 2 quotes, which one you feel more comfortable with?

• Quotations?
  • Quality of materials?
  • Workmanship?
  • Meet to your expectations?

In the end, i settled for Quote 3.

-Quotations:

Quote 1 has GST and since i wasn't sure if i can cfm the contractor thus i never try to negotiate for it to be waived off.

Quote 2 din include GST and seem to be cheaper as it is a friend's dad who is a subcon, but we are worried also if the friend's dad never do a good job and etc. So after getting the quote, we never ask much.

-Qualtiy of materials:

I am noob in renovation, thus no sure how to gauge the quality.

-Workmanship:

Unable to coment as well as most of them just showed pictures of their completed works.

Meeting expections

-Both contractors in quote 1 and 2 are able to point out and highlight some points which the other did not notice, so i guess both have different view on how to tackle this reno project.

Lastly, i guess both contractors just listen to what we wanted to do and gave their opinion although i guess if i listen to their input first, the outcome might be different.

Hi, could you please pm me your quote 3 ID contacts?

Do share with us your pics and tips of reno and update us the process if you're ok.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.