Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Sorry was busy with hunting for accessories needed(Fridge, washing machine, kitchen sink, aircon) . As planned, my renovation would start this coming friday 9/5/14 and hopefully end in few weeks time as per planned.

Crossing my fingers and hoping that the renovation would be smooth.

Note: the above quote does not include electrical and haulage disposal. As per the ID, i would need to meet the electrician to dicuss the electrical works needed.

Lastly i hope i would be able to manage and keep the entire renovation budget to less than 16k. (ideally in 15 k, not inclusive of furnishing)

Have replied the PM to all those who ask for the ID's contact.

Edited by lookaround

Somehow not able to logged on to renotalk for the last few days. Anyway reno works have begun and the cost for haulage disposal is $600.

Breakdown as below.

Haulage fees $350

Lay Corrugulated paper to entire flat $50

Purchase of additional tiles for service yard and kitchen 200.

Total cost of renovation=13700++ (currently still negotitating on the final electrical works that could potentially be a low 200 or additional 600)

Hope i have replied and cleared all the PM requests. Lastly, i have also uploaded the 1st draft of the 3d drawing.

Current Total cost of renovation=14300 (inclusive of electrical works at $600, there was some miscommunication in the electrical works that cause the progress of the renovation to be delayed.)

To all bros and sis in the forum, probably need to confirm the electrical works first before signing the contact.

• Like 1

Somehow not able to logged on to renotalk for the last few days. Anyway reno works have begun and the cost for haulage disposal is $600.

Breakdown as below.

Haulage fees $350

Lay Corrugulated paper to entire flat $50

Purchase of additional tiles for service yard and kitchen 200.

Total cost of renovation=13700++ (currently still negotitating on the final electrical works that could potentially be a low 200 or additional 600)

Hi

Can you advice regarding the haulage disposal. I have receive qoute from the ID. Before sign up, i need your feedback.

Need to pay for the lay corrugulated paper and additional tiles? Thought it already include in the quotation.

Whom to get for the haulage.

Thanks.

Hi

Can you advice regarding the haulage disposal. I have receive qoute from the ID. Before sign up, i need your feedback.

Need to pay for the lay corrugulated paper and additional tiles? Thought it already include in the quotation.

Whom to get for the haulage.

Thanks.

Hi,

I think this ID will tell you upfront the 2 additional costs on top of what he quoted.

1)Haulage disposal - this is done by town council appointed contractors, any ids you engage will have to engage the haulage contractor. But some ids/contractors will include this into their package but it might you more. For this ID S, he will charge you based on what the town council contractor charges him(fixed rate), which is billed to you. ( If you want to play safe, maybe you can press him for the receipt.)

If your flat is a bto, you can check your storeroom if there gave you some complimentary tiles, if it is not enough then have to buy, you maybe refer to my 4 room flat breakdown below.

For my case, the total haulage fees is about 600.

-Haulage fee 350

-Lay corruglated paper 50

-Additional tiles from HDB is used for the wetworks 200,

Also for my own personnel experience and reading on renotalk, some id will charge you a premium for haulage fees. So far the 3 quotes that i have posted on this thread, the haulage disposal is still ok.

2)Electrical works, you will probably also need to consider what are the electrical works that need to be done before confirming the reno package. If not it might cause unnecessary delay to the reno. For my case, it is about 600 as well for electrical works as well.

So far my total reno cost is about $14300.

As my reno is still in progress, you may wish to follow my thread in the reno blog.

Hi lookaround,

Would you be interested in putting up some wallpaper or wall design?it would totally brighten and enhance your room. Pls contact us at 97335173 if you do.

Thanks,HarperWD

Hi HarperWD,

Thanks for the offer, i am not considering any wall paper at the moment as my IDs have proposed to paint the wall in different shades to enhance the place.

• Like 1