Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
asychanbaby

Our Resort Style Home 5-Room Jurong West

Hi everyone!!

Finally finally finally! I am delighted to be able to contribute to this ever vibrant platform to capture the journey of your home-making process! the previous owner of our house finally moved out after extending 2 months of stay in our house and soooo let the journey begin!!

the floorplan of our house and the 3d drawing of both toilet and kitchen!

floorplan

3d kitchen design

toilet 3d

We use Outlook interior for our ID after many considerations and comparisons we decided they gave us the best quote (we don't have a big budget here :P but it's alright don't despise small beginning) today we started hacking sooo...

I will be back with more pictures!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi! thank you Hariette! Love your house! have always wanted ikea kitchen but the decision is not mine to make alone :( so i have to drop it...

These are the things that we have bought so far

1. 3M celini sofa (S$950)

celini sofa

2. 1.7M dining table + 4 chairs (S$650)

celini dining Set

3. bed for bedroom 1 (S$ 558)

Bed For bedroom 2

4. bed for bedroom 2 (S$880)

Bed For bedroom 1

5. ariston hob hood and oven package (S$999)

Hob hood oven

6. Germany brilliant rain shower (S$400 each)

rain shower

7. Ace pendant light for (S$300)

pendant lights

8. wooden window blinds for the whole house (S$400)

wooden blinds

9. ceiling fan for kitchen (S$100)

ceiling Fan For kitchen

10. ceiling fan for bedrooms living room and dining room (S$ 180, 200, 200)

ceiling Fan For bedroom 2

ceiling Fan For bedroom 1

metro Fan

if you see my ceiling fans and pendant light and rain shower are actually bought from Indonesia Ace, Germany Brilliant and Mt Edna to save money because here those things cost a bomb!!

more pictures coming up!

Edited by asychanbaby

next pictures are some electronics that we got during the courts big big sale:

1. Fisher and Paykel Fridge (S$850 Display set)

fisher And paykel fridge

2. Electrolux washing machine (S$645)

electrolux washing machine

3. Electrolux dryer (S$495)

electrolux dryer

4. Bosch kitchen machine (my favourite!!) (S$349) saw in Harvey Norman for S$299 T.T

bosch kitchen machine

5. samsung door lock with 4 extra cards and 1 32mm hole saw ( S$173) from qoo10

samsung door lock

samsung door lack card

Edited by asychanbaby

As we all know, the tiles that we choose and the cabinet laminates will really set the tone for the concept of your house. And to match our resort style thing we use more soothing colors and a more earthy ones like stone(grey) and wood( brown)

so here is my kitchen tiles

kitchen tiles

my bathroom tiles

bathroom tiles

And my favourite! kitchen cabinet laminate

faux marble ktchen cabinet laminate

I tried to check online any picture of kitchen cabinet that uses such laminates and none! i can't find anyone using these laminates but that make it even more exciting! :jammin:
below are some lamps that i am going to put up in my house
bird cage lamp comes with E27 13W Phillip bulb (S$219) from www.theupperroom.sg

bird cage lamp

and for an even more nature loving look, a garden lamp comes with E27 5W (S$49.90) from www.theupperroom.sg

garden lamp

yoohoo!! can't wait till my house is done!! :sport-smiley-004::D:seeya:
Edited by asychanbaby

hi ocean eleven! close~~~ it's Jurong West 65x series actually, are there difference between their layout? you seem to be an expert in this area huh

Wow! Taobao expert too?? I have always wanted to try buying things from taobao and been asking my husband to help me with it because I can't read Chinese at all but he seems not to be as hopeless as me though he has been learning Chinese since he was young!! :( really wished I have learnt Chinese earlier but well, my government didn't allow us to learn Chinese then :( so maybe ocean can help me if I want to buy anything hehehe

hi ocean eleven! close~~~ it's Jurong West 65x series actually, are there difference between their layout? you seem to be an expert in this area huh

Yes, 65x series, I saw one unit exactly the same except for an additional curve balcony.

Very challenging layout. Thought the floor plan looks to separate out living and dining area but making it very difficult to have a proper living orientation.

You have only 1 wall to play with but with the sofa's position is left in the open dangling.

Kitchen can go for open concept but space allowed is left much to be desire as well.

Then and again, the unit I saw was done up tastefully though.

Edited by OceanEleven

Wow! Taobao expert too?? I have always wanted to try buying things from taobao and been asking my husband to help me with it because I can't read Chinese at all but he seems not to be as hopeless as me though he has been learning Chinese since he was young!! :( really wished I have learnt Chinese earlier but well, my government didn't allow us to learn Chinese then :( so maybe ocean can help me if I want to buy anything hehehe

i am guessing that you are indonesian ? :dunno:

@oceaneleven finally someone got me! I told my sister and hubby and they say the layout is fine. I really don't like the idea of separate dining and living you can't watch tv and dine at the same time! But we decided to get the house anyway because we bought it at 28k below valuation ;) First thought of hacking the bedroom near the main door and move it to the current dining area. So dining and living will be together. But hubby says cannot change too much of the layout if not will have problem next time when selling the house. So decided to only hack the wall separating dining and kitchen so that the house will look brighter and airier and sofa will be against the living room window. Do u have the link to the house with the similar unit to mine? Maybe I can get some inspiration from there.

@Takaishi the website is still under construction anyway it is selling at 229 come with a 13w Phillip LED bulb can choose warm white or cool white diameter is 30 cm and height is adjustable. But height of bird cage is 60 cm. When the website is up I will post it here :)

@alfredt , spot on! I am Indonesian :)

• Like 1