Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vuzu

Old Flat Top/highest Floor

Hi, would you guys consider to get a top/highest floor unit? Have heard that top/highest floor might suffer the heat from above. Anyone care to share some experiences? Thanks.

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If you buy a unit on the top floor and there isn't a separate metal roof above the unit, the Reinforced Concrete slab above your unit is directly exposed to the elements (rain and sun). Other than the additional heat, water leakage to the top-floor units is also very common.

We viewed a unit on the highest floor and it had a concrete ledge over-arching the flat so the interior was very dark. On the contrary we viewed a mid floor unit and it was so much brighter!

I bought the top most floor unit, Facing South. Does not experience much heat. No leaking, no insects, interior is darker, I open the windows throughout the day for natural light. The good point is, the concrete ledge protect the cloths in raining day

Edited by fullerene

Thanks so much for all the feedback and replies. So grateful to the forum, I have a better and clearer picture after reading all the replies and feedback.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

I am now staying on top floor of a flat in Bedok. The ceiling show water seepages even though HDB claimed to have fixed the problem. In the end I had to do a false ceiling to cover that up. Not hot though, nice breeze in fact. Also less dust.

Not hot.. but will have water issue. Need to call town council so they can water proof the roof. More windy and drier compare to when i stay at a lower floor. Noise also seems to travel more upwards esp at night