Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Xiej0007

Our Yishun Greenwalk 5-Room Simple Simple Reno Journey

I second mega discount store. Got majority of my electronics stuff there. Can check out lion city co as well, my Tv was from there :)

Mega Discount Store at Kallang is good and the price is really good.

Will be getting my electronic stuff from there too later this year as they give good service even though if you are just browsing.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You can check out Mustafa & MEga Discount Store.

Their pricing is competitive

I second mega discount store. Got majority of my electronics stuff there. Can check out lion city co as well, my Tv was from there :)

Mega Discount Store at Kallang is good and the price is really good.

Will be getting my electronic stuff from there too later this year as they give good service even though if you are just browsing.

Thanks for the recommendation. Will check them out over weekends

Hi Neighbour, I'm a newbie here. I'll be getting my keys in Aug 2014 at Yishun Greenwalk and have been browsing through the forum for good IDs. Chanced upon this thread and I really like your design except that I hope to put up a study area for my hubby to do his work. Could you pm me the contact details of your 3 IDs, and if u don't mind, share with me the detailed quotations? Thanks in advance. :)

Hi Neighbour, I'm a newbie here. I'll be getting my keys in Aug 2014 at Yishun Greenwalk and have been browsing through the forum for good IDs. Chanced upon this thread and I really like your design except that I hope to put up a study area for my hubby to do his work. Could you pm me the contact details of your 3 IDs, and if u don't mind, share with me the detailed quotations? Thanks in advance. :)

Hihi, pmed you :)

• Like 1

Lost a long post due to some laptop screwup. Sian to retype everything so shall keep the recording of last weekend events simple.

Was informed by ID that the living room tiles are out of stock. So our ID drove us down to Hafary last saturday to rechoose. Despite having a smaller showroom than Ubi branch, the thomson branch has more appealing tile designs. Choose another tile effortlessly. It has similar design just that the colour is slightly darker.

The ID then dropped us at a road near Lavendar. The whole stretch of road is filled with shops selling sinks and lightings. Swee! We settled common room and service yard lightings. All our lightings are settled except for toilet lightings. :)

Realized there and then the audiohouse is having some weekend sales. Rush down to the branch near boon keng mrt. Bought 47" TV, Toshiba 47L2450VE, for S$783. Hope that the tv can last for at least 5 years. Finger crossed.

On sunday, we went down to IMM Hoe Kee to settle the kitchen sink. We only have two criterias. Firstly, the steel must be 316 instead of 304. 316 steel is more resistant than corrosion and oxidation as compared to 304. The second criteria is that it must have double bowl. In the end, we settled for a blanco naya 9.

gallery_59873_7_73642.jpg

Together with another tap, the total package is S$468. Bought another stupid stainless bracket for S$30 in order to qualify for free delivery.

Will need to settle fridge, washing machine, universal wall bracket for TV coming weekend. Chop chop.

• Like 1

Our ID is quite fast. Already cut the kitchen wall last weekend. He just updated us that the wall will be hack off tmr and the laying of tiles for living room will commence on thursday. Basically he is rushing to meet our deadline of starting work before 25th July when that door will be opened. Appreciated his efforts for doing so.

Another thing we didn't realize is that our original quotation does not have cement support for stove and sink. In fact we didn't realize the need for that until our parents told us so. It just began one fine day last week, when my mother-in-law asked if we have cement support for the stove and sink. We just "Huh?". Die. A long nagging from my in-law. We asked my mum if cement support is a must. Another long nagging from my mum. Ok, in the end decided to include the cement support thing for stove and sink.

The cost involved? A top-up of around S$900 with a thicker table-top. Top up is within budget and thicker table-top is still ok. Give the green light to the ID for the cement support thing.

One interesting takeaway from last sat and sunday events is that the elders' advice spoke of some wisdom even though the rationale/explanation is lost somewhere. At first we wanna buy a sink with steel 304. The adults strongly opposed to it. Must buy steel 316! This means topping up another S$300 for the sink. But after doing some research on the net, realized that really must buy steel 316 sink. Sometimes the adults' advice really quite reliable. That's why when they said must build cement base for kitchen sink and stove, we follow this time round. Feels nice to be kids. Haha

Hi, just wanna warn everyone not to buy from lion city co. The lady boss name shirley service is terrible and have terrible mood swing. Buy at your own risk. My whole order from lion city co was in a mess, i was overcharged and order was delayed for months! Mega discount store is good. Look for henry. His price is very good. Goh ah bee is good too.

Hi, just wanna warn everyone not to buy from lion city co. The lady boss name shirley service is terrible and have terrible mood swing. Buy at your own risk. My whole order from lion city co was in a mess, i was overcharged and order was delayed for months! Mega discount store is good. Look for henry. His price is very good. Goh ah bee is good too.

Yup! We've bought out hob and hoob from there. Cheapest so far :) lucky got recommendation from everyone here.

Hey. Could u pls send me your ID contacts? And the other 2 u short listed?

Also, didn't quite understand the cement support thingy for the sink n stove. Can pls ask your In-law or mum to nag me too? :-)

Due to our limited availability of timing in meeting our ID, we can only arrange for a 10pm plus appointment on Wed night for the "dry-lay" review and the discussion of the kitchen cement structure. As there is currently no light source in our new house, our ID needs to fix a temporary T5 at the living room. He then fetched us at our place, and drove us to our new place for discussion which lasted till around 11pm. Then he drove us back to our current house. Was quite paisei to trouble him at this odd hour. Really appreciated his efforts to accommodate us. Even my mum commented that it is not easy to do our business. Lol.

The purpose of the dry-lay is just to let us have a taste of how the tiles will look like when pieced together (See pic below), before they start the actual work for tiling. Quite like the tiles we selected. :)

We also learn from our ID that the lines of the tiles should be parallel to the main door for better feng shui. Cool

gallery_59873_8_491817.jpg

Saw the hacked off kitchen wall for the first time. We both are quite pleased that the height is just right (slightly above the waist level)

gallery_59873_8_202494.jpg

Now can really feel the excitement of renovation. It has really begun! The tiling work should take around 1 week, after which they will begin work for the kitchen cement structure thing. So far so good =)

Went to Mega Discount Store on friday to buy hood and hob. We were looking for the particular model, Techno TZ908 and TH958.

gallery_59873_8_10560.gifgallery_59873_8_7015.jpg

Asked the salesperson at Hood and Hob section. He said that they dun sell techno brand. Disappointed.

Walked out of the store, then my wife ordered me to ask for the model again at the counter. Somehow she always got it right at this kind of thing. The counter said they got sell the model we want, just that it is not on display. Their package price is S$699, vs the best previous best quotation of S$755 from Hoe Kee. Chop. Settled the Hood and Hob there and then.

The reason of choosing techno brand is because of the review from 3 sets of parents, mine, my wife and my friend's. They just say techno is durable. We bought the cooker model starting with TZ as it is made in Italy, therefore the burners do not have holes at the bottom. According to the parents, this will prevent things from dropping into the holes making it hard to clean.

One less thing off the checklist.

Now we just need to look out for Fridge, Washing machine, Toilet/Kitchen accessories and curtains/blinds.

• Like 1

Hey. Could u pls send me your ID contacts? And the other 2 u short listed?

Also, didn't quite understand the cement support thingy for the sink n stove. Can pls ask your In-law or mum to nag me too? :-)

Haha, the cement structure thing is for the stove and basin area, which are more exposed to heat and water. Basically, instead of wooden carpentry below these areas, it will be made up of cement structure. This is to ensure that the areas below stove and basin are durable.

You can refer to another renotalk thead: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/29749-stove-and-sink-support/

This thread convinces me that there is some sense in our parents' nagging. Haha

Edited by Xiej0007