Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

As we visited our unit last week, we noticed that although the carpentry works are completed but the linings are not correct and the aluminum sliding door wardrobe has a missing laminate in the middle. So we informed the ID again, thus he instruct the carpenter to remove the door and do the laminate again.

1) Shoe Cabinet

A picture of the stripped shoe cabinet without its doors.

gallery_59794_10_171661.jpg

2)Daybed without the doors

gallery_59794_10_113980.jpg

3)Aluminium sliding door wardrobe, sliding door removed from redesign.

one thing i like about this alumimium wardrobe is the sliding mirror hidden in it and the best part is that it come with no extra costs to us.

gallery_59794_10_21023.jpg

According to the id, the 'removed' door will be send back to the factory to do the linings and laminates again.

Although the doors has been delivered to us today, The carpenter told us that he will do the installation by 5/7/14(Sat).

ID also arranged for the glass door guys to installed a stopper to prevent the door handle to directly know and damage our wall around last Wed(25/6/14) and the plumbing works for the flats is also completed on 25/6/14.

Anyway during the renovation, we discovered a :curse: defect with the id!!

We notice that the cement screed outside our home is 'uneven'. Whenever we open the the gate at certain angles, our door will brush against the cement screed outside and causes scratch marks on the cement.

Pictures of the damage/scratch cement screed by the inner portion of the iron gate.

gallery_59794_10_299420.jpg

Pictures of the damage/scratch cement screed by the external portion of the iron gate, despite having this proof the BSC also came up to our flat and try to open/close our gate many times as well, causing the condition to aggravate :angry2: .

gallery_59794_10_119169.jpg

The results of this deep scratch marks is caused by the frequent opening/closing of the iron gates.

All new BTO owners, do take note. Please do try and open your iron gate in various angles/combinations and make sure that your gate will not scratch the floor and ensure that it is smooth to prevent damage to the cement screed and the iron gate. If there is a need to rectify, get the building services guys (BSC) to even the surface screed.

That's all for sharing folks.

• Like 1

Hi Lookaround, can pm me your ID & capenter contact ? Thx u

tametiger, Have send you a pm.

Hi Lookaround, can you PM me your ID/Capenter contact & quotation? Thanks.

Donno, Have send you a pm.

Hi Lookaround

please PM me your ID contact.. Thanks in advance.

tampan, Have send you a pm.

This post will be mostly dedicated to the plumbing works that was carried out on the flat on Saturday 28/6/14.

I will start off this post with the aluminum sliding door that was torn down (refer to post #53 and #63) and send back to the factory to apply the laminate and send back to my flat for installation. Regretted, never utilize the option of two different laminates for the wardrobe and sliding door to create contrast. :o

gallery_59794_10_138784.jpg

2) Hobz cooker hood and hob.

-purchase at city gas somerset, i think for less than $600 during the mother's day promotion iirc.

Installation was done by City Gas at a cost of $120.

gallery_59794_10_58277.jpg

3) Blanco Sink Combination from Hoe Kee

-purchase at Hoe Kee Genting lane, i think for around $500 iirc.

- Installation by reno plumbing team

gallery_59794_10_37978.jpg

4)Champs 30L Storage tank heater

Bought at some gain city expo for $219.

- Installation by reno plumbing team

- first time using a storage tank and this heater is suppose to supply hot water to mbr as well.

gallery_59794_10_42243.jpg

5)Aluminum Clothes rack

Bought from Hoe Kee as well, at about $30.

Installation by reno plumbing team.

There is side hanger to hold clothes rack.

gallery_59794_10_68233.jpg

6)Alumimium Rack

Bought from Hoe Kee as well, cannot remember the price.

To hold our shampoo and miscellaneous stuff, do take note, the installation of this will damage the mosaic tiles on the wall.

gallery_59794_10_148587.jpg

• Like 1

Continuation post from post #65,

1)Bought this mirror and tray set

Upon recommendation from Uncle Tony of Hoe Kee, remember that he said something about the windows edges will rust or etc and this set wouldn't have the issue.

Installed by the reno plumbing team.

Forgot about the price.

gallery_59794_10_244472.jpg

2)Aluminium Roz toilet roll

Bought from Hoe Kee,

Installed by the reno plumbing team.

Forgot about the price.

gallery_59794_10_288779.jpg

3)Alumimium Rack

Bought from Hoe Kee as well, cannot remember the price.

gallery_59794_10_195377.jpg

4)Aluminum Clothes rack

Bought from Hoe Kee as well, at about $30.

Installation by reno plumbing team at the service yard to hold clothes above the washing machine, we did not installed it in the other toilet as this rack is pretty lengthy and the new bto toilet is too small for this after the installation of the tempered glass door.

gallery_59794_10_98229.jpg

That's all for the plumbing post, i also did ask the plumber help me to drill the wall mounting for my aircon remote onto the wall.

In total, all the items bought from hoe kee cost about $737 inclusive of delivery, overall can be cheaper, if one have the time and energy to navigate through taobao.

That's all folk.

As of now, the renovation is completed after the ID did the last round of general cleaning of the flat today. We will probably need to make a date with the ID to re-visit the flat together to check for last round of defects before we takeover the unit and pay the remaining balance.

Pictures of the completed renovation will be uploaded in a later stage.

Hi lookaround, I thought my quote for Reno was cheap until I saw yours! At $110 pfr for kitchen for e.g., thought mine was one of the lowest out there... and to think I sourced for 15 ids and couldn't find urs! Would greatly appreciate the contact of ur hired id, thanks!

Hi Lookaround, glad to hear your renovation is complete now and everything's looking good! Looks like your renovation journey has been pretty smooth so far yay! :) I'm still in the midst of my reno- super stressful and have to close one eye to many issues along the way. Can't wait for mine to be over too! :)

Hi lookaround, I thought my quote for Reno was cheap until I saw yours! At $110 pfr for kitchen for e.g., thought mine was one of the lowest out there... and to think I sourced for 15 ids and couldn't find urs! Would greatly appreciate the contact of ur hired id, thanks!

Hi joycelynymm, i have seen cheaper than that, $80 - 88 pfr in those new BTO flat flyer stating direct from factory and etc, i guess if want really want to have significant cost-savings, one must find the direct contractors and not a contractors who sub-cons.

Hi Lookaround, glad to hear your renovation is complete now and everything's looking good! Looks like your renovation journey has been pretty smooth so far yay! :) I'm still in the midst of my reno- super stressful and have to close one eye to many issues along the way. Can't wait for mine to be over too! :)

eastlovin, yes thanks, now i am the next stage of sourcing for windows film and storeroom rack, trying to source for the best deal now. Why is your reno stressful, are you DIY everything by yourself or you have a ID ?

Hi Lookaround,
Could you PM me your ID's name and the quote if possible?

sevcrucio, check your PM.

Appreciate if you could PM me the ID contact. Thank you!

Tripper, check your PM as well.

Hi - if you don't mind, can i have your ID contact as well? Thank you so mcuh.

a.n

faranggirl, PM sent.

Hello there! Please pm me your contractor and ID detail. Thanks!!!

Cheree, have shared with you the ID contact.

Sorry guys, too tired after works, there are still some pics of the completed renovation which i would like to share but hopefully i would be able to do it this weekend.

Really busy is me.

Edited by lookaround

Here is a back-dated quick update

On 3rd July, the carpenter fixed the door of the shoe cabinet after they came from the factory with the lining. Refer to post #53.

1) My completed shoe cabinet with the red cabinet ABS(not sure if correct term) linings. :sport-smiley-004:

I really didn't expect that the ID would ask the carpenter to tear down the cabinet doors and send it back to the factory to apply the laminates as we mentioned casually to him that this is different from what he proposed. Of course, by removing, sending it back to factory and reinstalling it to the cabinet, also means a week wait for it to be installed back again.

gallery_59794_10_269920.jpg

2) A clearer picture of the red lining of the cabinet door.

gallery_59794_10_357627.jpg

3)My completed wardrobe with the center laminate

Like the shoe cabinet, id also ask the carpenter to tear down and send it back to the factory to reapply the laminate, thus, this picture is the 100% of my wardrobe.

gallery_59794_10_44353.jpg

4)Daybed with the red abs laminates,

The white door does looks dirty in this pictures as the carpentry assistant was still cleaning it with thinner after they installed it back.

gallery_59794_10_133345.jpg

5)Daybed door after round 1 of cleaning

it does look shiny and cleaner, the door was deliberately open to show the red laminates.

gallery_59794_10_87304.jpg

That's all for tonight folks, will post some interesting pictures of the renovation when i have the time, thanks for reading the backdated post.