Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Lookaround, I have an ID but he's not a problem solver and tends to make a big deal out of any little issue which arises without trying to find a solution first, and I'm the one who has to find a workaround to any problem. Otherwise, he says "no choice, it is like that already" or "you need to buy another one cos this one not suitable". I'm really grateful to all the renotalkers who have shared their reno experiences as most of the time, I manage to find a solution from the forum. Also sometimes he blackface me if I suggest something or spot some mistakes his sub-cons had made while the works are ongoing and then ask him to get them to rectify before proceeding. All these and many more add to the stress lor! :( Sometimes I feel like I should have just DIY-ed and save the money since all the design ideas came from me anyway argh.

Another backdated post for 3rd of July on my kitchen

On the 3rd of July, introducing one of the hidden wonders in my kitchen.

:idea:

My hobz cooker hood and hob with the kitchen lighting fully on.( Yes, my kitchen is very very bright and well illuminated.)

gallery_59794_7_106323.jpg

So that night, i decide to turn off the kitchen lights and was 'wowed' by the lighting effects coming from the hood. The lights make by cooker hob seems like a 'treasure' or those safe in the movies.

gallery_59794_7_141804.jpg

My hood lightings with my colourful cabinets, looks like i can 'secretly' :notti: do some cooking in the nights without switching on the kitchen lights. :wub:

gallery_59794_7_73034.jpg

I took a step further and switch off the living room lights except for the hood lightings. Pretty isn't it ?

gallery_59794_7_199721.jpg

Snapshot of the completed works of the kitchen sink, i cannot remember whether was it the id or someone who told us something about how to do the "connections" for the sink, which also resulted in us dropping a contractor who insist/propose to use wood to do the connection below the sink.gallery_59794_7_70522.jpg

As i was inspecting my kitchen, i realized that the 4 corners of my blanco silgrant sink seemed to be abit "crumpled" at the round ages, not sure if this is normal, thus sharing the pictures for all to see?

gallery_59794_7_150984.jpg

• Like 1

Hi there..dun mind can PM me ur ID.. ur Pm cant seem to be able to receive msgs. TIA. =)

mcgrath74, have cleared some pm from my inbox and dropped you mine ID contact as well.

Lookaround, I have an ID but he's not a problem solver and tends to make a big deal out of any little issue which arises without trying to find a solution first, and I'm the one who has to find a workaround to any problem. Otherwise, he says "no choice, it is like that already" or "you need to buy another one cos this one not suitable". I'm really grateful to all the renotalkers who have shared their reno experiences as most of the time, I manage to find a solution from the forum. Also sometimes he blackface me if I suggest something or spot some mistakes his sub-cons had made while the works are ongoing and then ask him to get them to rectify before proceeding. All these and many more add to the stress lor! :( Sometimes I feel like I should have just DIY-ed and save the money since all the design ideas came from me anyway argh.

eastlovin, i see. How did you find and what makes you engage this ID initially then ? Maybe you tell your ID that you would like to share your Renovation experience on the internet and hopefully he change for the better ?

• Like 1

Hi lookaround...could u pm me id contact? Thks

Hi, can pm me contact for your id pls? Thanks!

Hi lookaround, ur reno looks great. Could u pm me contacts of ur id pls? Thanks

roundegg,Yolla,mysapporo, have drop you people a PM.

Just for some sharing, There is pre-renovation sale ongoing at Home-Fix at Marina Square with discount up to 30%. Padlock brands such as Viro, Duro, Abloy , Yale, Vinnai and etc are on a 10% discount when i visited and there are also demo of the Yale digital lock on promotion ( comes with free installation and at least $100 cheaper). A few products at home-fix MS is slightly cheaper after the promo.

I am considering the following gate-mounted padlocks which can be openned using one hand.

1)Duro Padlock Art No 338 at MS HomeFix -> $140 (rounded off)

After 10% discount is about $126(cheapest), This model is selling at the hardware shop at Textile center for about $130.

-come with 4 keys.

-10 years warranty

-DIY installation

-could not remember if the 1 key system (envelope, Main door and Gate Padlock) price, could remember if it was 200 or 230 before discount.

2)Vanni Padlock Art No 6868 at MS HomeFix -> $70 ( forgot the price, remember around that range)

After 10% discount is about 63++ (forgot the price)

-DIY installation

-comes with 6 keys

3)Castle lock from SingLock at $138

-3 Years warranty

-6 keys

-Free installation

-Additional of $68 for 1 keys system.(Main gate padlock and door)

Others

4)Mul-t lock system

-Also considering about this model but surprisingly when i went to one of the so-called distributor at the shop, the staff dun seem to understand what i am trying to get, so i left without any clue about it.

http://www.mul-t-lock.com/en/site/Mul-T-Lock/Products/?groupId=95

5)Abloy locks

-Military grade lock used in camps, hardly see any physical shop carrying it but it seems to be around $200- 600 depending on model type.

• Like 2

Finally gather enough energy to write this backdated post. (As the renovation is completed, sometimes not much motivation to post on RT as well.)

ID gave me the option to choose the leather for the cushion for the daybed. Originally, as per the 3D drawings and our meetups, i chose red(Refer to post #18 and #20). The tick marks on the leather chart are the color recommended by the ID. (Refer to post #53 and #75)

gallery_59794_363_154193.jpg

In the end, i decided on purplicious purple.

gallery_59794_363_36418.jpg

ID Delivered the cushion on one fine day(Couldn't recall, i think it is a saturday). This is how the entire daybed look like, a cosy corner to relax, chill and watch the world go by. The cushion is in 3 parts instead of one whole piece as we intend to store it behind in the gap.

gallery_59794_363_11711.jpg

Additional FOC Works not in the scope done by the ID ->Free shoe cabinet( Just kidding!)

Noticed that the electrical mains box in the flat is rather spacious and empty so we ask the ID to give us a few piece of wood so that we could better make us of this space. Voila and he did out of goodwill, giving us additional storage. (better utilization of the dead space)

gallery_59794_363_83531.jpg

One thing i personally about this ID is the flexibility, almost everything can be negotiated and change as long as within his deadline.

Energy level is rather low now, will write about some boliao tips for buying electronics at the "best price"(But not the best deal) and some of my DIY experience.