Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Cowculator

Any Review On Quadwork Pte Ltd?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

We're new homeowners and have engaged Quadworks for our home reno. Up till this point, the overall experience working with them has been quite unpleasant. We'll be sharing more in this forum later on.

Hi,

We're new homeowners and have engaged Quadworks for our home reno. Up till this point, the overall experience working with them has been quite unpleasant. We'll be sharing more in this forum later on.

I am actually considering this company, can you share which ID you engaged to?

@autumn

On 6/22/2015 at 8:32 PM, autumn said:

Hi,

Hi autumn, mind sharing how was your experience with Quadwork, as I am considering working with them? 

Thanks!! 

On 22/06/2015 at 8:32 PM, autumn said:

Hi,

Hello autumn, mind sharing your experience? 

On 02/07/2017 at 8:36 PM, hellobello said:

@autumn

Hi autumn, mind sharing how was your experience with Quadwork, as I am considering working with them? 

Thanks!! 

Hi 

On 02/07/2017 at 8:36 PM, hellobello said:

@autumn

Thanks!! 

Hi, Mind sharing ur experience ?

Started as a very sweet and promising experience but ended up as a very sour experience with a lot of regrets and nerves wasted. My renovation was run by Edmond Khoo, and it started beginning of May 2018 and it ended believe it or not end of August 2018, after I moved in already. So almost 4 months of nerves breaking for a very simple renovation where the main work was in the kitchen and toilets, for which all other previous designers I have contacted told me that it shouldn’t take more than one and a half month. I decided to try this company because Edmond really did his best to meet my tight budget and also he was very responsive and engaged at the beginning. Responding very promptly on all messages and assisting around all small details. But along the way things started to change. They started making mistakes, which I was asked to cover at first but then he decided not to charge me for it. I also excluded few items as the price was only growing due to design requirements. I outsourced it later on after I moved in and they were way much cheaper. So I was supervising the work in the very first month, and pointing out the eventual mistakes. The wet work was finished in the fist two weeks, but after that started a phase of stagnation. I was asking for a list of items that need to be completed before the second payment was due because I had to travel overseas and arrange for the handover of the subsequent payment. I was told that if I micromanage their work they will not continue working any more and all this was happening the very same day when I had to travel overseas for one month. Imagine the stress level. At the end he decides to continue working and anyways I am overseas so I will not control absolutely anything. The whole problem was that he also did not control absolutely anything which was his job to do. So I come back at the end of July which was the deadline for handover and the work is still not done, and the one that was done had mistakes. I would really not exaggerate if I say that every single thing they did had a mistake. They polish the parquet so that they continue working on it without any protection for which I payed and gets scratched again. I insisted that I do not accept scratched parquet and he had to repolish that one. He makes 3 sliding doors for my wardrobe and he installs the middle one behind so you cannot catch it to open it, and he is trying to convince you that it is a preference, not a mistake. The drawers not well covered and finished with laminate, not aligned at all. I had a kitchen with 1000 mistakes: forgotten the dish rack over the sink and when eventually fixed installed backwards, forgotten the cables for lights, forgotten the inlet and outlet for the dishwasher, the dishwasher space way too small for it and they had to fix it twice to get it right, a useless cabinet of only 5cm depth, no hidraylics on all doors that open up, kitchen size smaller than on the render given as per plan, no space for gas pipe, no metal drawer as initially planned and payed for and the list goes on.... Painting not done properly with not well covered areas and dirt, exposed holes of previous fittings, cleaning done than they proceed working for another month and I still have a permanent rust stain on the tiles in my common toilet from their metal cans. As for the quality of work, it was done from the cheapest board that you can find on the market which is not even used for kitchen cabinets. Cheaper than that would be a cardboard. I know you might think if you want cheap price this is what you get, but there are certain standards in carpentry which must be respected in order for the item to function. So I give to him a list with all things he needs to fix and tell him that I need to move in a month time, so technically he has one more extra month to finish his work. The idea is I don’t want to rush him but as long as he gets everything well done. And here starts another phase of stagnation all the way until the very last week and eventually I move in and still have his workers around at the same time on thee same day. Imagine that stress level as well. I also discover that the gas was never installed, so I arrange for installation only to discover that there is not enough space for the gas pipe because the oven is too high. So his workers keep coming on every Saturday to fix their mistakes for another month. After 4 months I can say that I am very happy that this misery is over. So yes eventually he will fix everything, so you do not have a case for suing them at CASE, but it only takes 4 months or so and a lot of nerves and time lost. Regarding the quality I don’t think that I need to elaborate further, only to say that I will be happy if it last for maximum of 2 years. I regretted so many times not getting Ikea kitchen, at least that one will last 10-15 years. I regretted so many times engaging them, sometimes it is better to pay a bit more but not to have all these headaches, only that with all it is aa cat in a bag experience. You never know how it will go until you experience it on your own skin. And there wasn’t one single review about them, no wonder now I know why. I really don’t want other people to go trough the same pain.