Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shazcarvalho

Contractors Who Over Promise And Fail To Deliver

I got the keys to my new house on 5 May. I had been scouting for IDs and contractors since March. My budget is small at 30K. The contractors I met quoted me between 32K - 41K. Of course, I had a hard time trying to find one that was reliable and knew what I wanted. I came onto this forum hoping to get some ideas and I did approach a couple more IDs after getting my keys. I was approached by a contractor on this forum. I went down for a meeting and they gave off a good vibe. This was already the end of May. They had been very responsive and quick in getting back to me on all my queries and in giving me the quotes. They were also very confident on delivering by 9 July which is the date I gave for completion. The works started last Tue and last evening when I went down, only the bathroom wall tiles were done, can you believe it?? Everything else was still in a mess and even the hacking was not done proper. There are still nails and hooks stuck in the walls and ceiling. Its very worrying. And the best part is, they told me they don't have the policy of having a penalty if they do not finish the job on time or as scheduled.

The project manager should be on top of things yet I feel that she isn't. I spoke to her last night and voiced my concerns and unhappiness. I hope she heard me and would buck the **** up. There's 3 more weeks to go, let's see what happens. I'll be updating this post again.

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I got the keys to my new house on 5 May. I had been scouting for IDs and contractors since March. My budget is small at 30K. The contractors I met quoted me between 32K - 41K. Of course, I had a hard time trying to find one that was reliable and knew what I wanted. I came onto this forum hoping to get some ideas and I did approach a couple more IDs after getting my keys. I was approached by a contractor on this forum. I went down for a meeting and they gave off a good vibe. This was already the end of May. They had been very responsive and quick in getting back to me on all my queries and in giving me the quotes. They were also very confident on delivering by 9 July which is the date I gave for completion. The works started last Tue and last evening when I went down, only the bathroom wall tiles were done, can you believe it?? Everything else was still in a mess and even the hacking was not done proper. There are still nails and hooks stuck in the walls and ceiling. Its very worrying. And the best part is, they told me they don't have the policy of having a penalty if they do not finish the job on time or as scheduled.

The project manager should be on top of things yet I feel that she isn't. I spoke to her last night and voiced my concerns and unhappiness. I hope she heard me and would buck the **** up. There's 3 more weeks to go, let's see what happens. I'll be updating this post again.

Could you share with us the contractor's contacts or company name here? Thanks.

well, i had the same issues. I gave him 2weeks timeline (b4 7th mth) to install all lightings and complete a tv console with feature wall, a small suspended tv console and a shoe rack. He confirmed it can be done and that's why we signed him up. And apparently, he did the same as ur contractor. He was quick to response etc and even came all the way down to meet us just to sign the contract once we confirmed. And just 1 day before we shift, i went down to check, and to my horror, only lightings were installed. There was no update from him though i keep asking him to update us as i have arranged for my movers.

Anyway, we did not shift the day i wanted. I delayed for a week. AND the carpentry was still not done. They completed delivering all the carpentry only after we shifted. That's like 3 weeks later than what he has promised and he EMPHASIZED that he was trying to deliver QUALITY products. But my hubby found scratches on my marble flooring and parquet when the carpenter left. He did not lay the necessary protection to protect my flooring. And his so-called QUALITY PRODUCTS have scratches and, there were gaps b/w the console and the feature wall. We got them to come back and guess what, till TODAY, nothing was done. They pushed from the 1st sat of aug to following sat (which happen to fall on national day), but informed just few days ago that they cant come due to PH. Ok, fine i agreed to pushed another week or two, and guess wat. The carpenters did not show up LAST MIN. I called and chased, then he say arrange again. Finally he got carpenter to call me, carpenter say busy with handover, ok, i try to be understanding, i gave him another 2 weeks b4 i msg. Now carpenter say not depending only his schedule but many issues,. WTH! well, i msg my contractor and ask him settle if he has issues with them. He say he has no issue. I told him to settle my carpentry if NO ISSUES.

Well, its supposed to be this sat. Lets see.

Just to share, he's a friend of my close friend. LEsson learnt, never engage friend's friend. 1st, its not cheaper. 2nd, they take you for granted.

Till to-date he still claimed that he was being responsible. To me, it pure bull****. I am prepared to bring him to court if he doesnt come this week and settle it!

Please, dun ever engage them.

Jovinson-Cozy Loft pte Ltd. Its my worst nightmare ever!!

• Like 1

My ID WOCH also failed to deliver QUALITY renovation works!

All out there! Beware of WOCH there is only one person always promise empty delivery! Beware!