Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sixtus

Bad Experience With Mitsubishi Electric Starmex

I just want to share my experience with a fairly new Mitsubishi Electric Starmex inverter a/c for those who are planning to purchase this series..

MXY-GExxVA

I am using a system 4 starmex a.c.

Over a year old , barely used.

One fine day discovered that one of my FCU cannot turn on.

After a few months,another one of the bedroom FCU could not power up.

Next thing I check was the other 2 room, luckily they are able to power up the a/c but the air is not cold. (FCU working for a minute or so and the led blinks and automatically turned itself off)

I continued to check the compressor and found it not running.

Call in the repairman from Mit. and they came within a week.

technician arrived and turn on my FCU, then proceed to the compressor and almost immediately pull out the power controller for the compressor unit and replace it. (it seems that he already know what component is spoil)

told me i had to replace all the 3 PCboard on the FCU as well.

What kind of crap MEQuality is that... after 1 year the pcb gives so much problems, I really wonder are they making money out of replacing their consumers' pcboards.

please all ME starmex users if you had the same problem, let me know and I will log it down.

Edited by Sixtus

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi. i barely use my living room aircon MXY-GE26VA. the last time i turned it on is 6 months ago. recently i tried to turn on but no response.

no led light, no blinking. called the coy ALLB3ST who installed my aircon down to check. they said PCB and motor spoil.

PCB = $280.

Motor = $380.

i rejected and am sourcing around for similia rproblem and come across your post.

can share how much u repair for the PCB?

OMG!! Exactly the same problem happen on my MXY-GE24VA, I barely switch on the aircon at my living hall. Recently, when I turn on the FCU but no air is blown, the LED blinking after 2 min. I continued to check the compressor and found is not running too.

Called the Mitshubishi technical hotline few days ago, the staff told me most likely the fan motor spoilt. Here's is the charges advised by him :

Rapair service : $120

Motor replacement: $140

I will update the charges here upon problem is fixed.

Very disappointed with the ME quality, standard drop. Definately fail in reliability test, wonder whether got QC check before production??

Just to update the repair done last week, below are the breakdown of charges:

Replacement of new motor $120

Labour cost $30

Transportation $90

I just found this thread as my MXY-GE24VA also have no power! Was able to turn it on 1-2 months ago. Just 1.5 yrs old and already spoilt :( Will need to call them up to get quotation.. Their quality control really effective make sure the quality last for only 1 year. Hope FCU in my BR don't breakdown as well.

I just found this thread as my MXY-GE24VA also have no power! Was able to turn it on 1-2 months ago. Just 1.5 yrs old and already spoilt :( Will need to call them up to get quotation.. Their quality control really effective make sure the quality last for only 1 year. Hope FCU in my BR don't breakdown as well.

IF cant turn on with no power at all..

anyway not related to aircon itself, for the power supply wiring can be failed also... anyway my MXY-GE24VA same problem also, after technician come and check for the wiring broken half way, just change the better wires as full brass, settled.

Just changed and turn on like normal.

Like ME much more easy to check on FCU, just open up the front cover and use test pen and check on the wires input located at right hand lower side, brown color must be have light on, IF the blue color wire also had light on, meant the wire already failed.

IF you unknown it thing, later the aircon guy come over and they claims on others expansive parts to be change also.

Edited by kimsim

• Like 1

kimsim, thanks for the tip. I just had my aircon cleaning done and technician helped check using tester and said there's power from wiring. He suggested I contact mitsubishi to check since it will be expensive if they do the repair. He mentioned others also have same problem with exactly the same model. I have appointment with mitsubishi already this thursday and will update how it goes.

kimsim, thanks for the tip. I just had my aircon cleaning done and technician helped check using tester and said there's power from wiring. He suggested I contact mitsubishi to check since it will be expensive if they do the repair. He mentioned others also have same problem with exactly the same model. I have appointment with mitsubishi already this thursday and will update how it goes.

Great n wait ur updated.

Was just looking for suggestions on replacing my aircon. Now i guess i'll have to kick Mit Starmax out. Pity because it was my default choice since my previous model is also a Mit Starmax...

Huh? Really starmex not good? My sharp inverters used 15 year and at last spoil, third party service said change compressor not worth and no spare part. They recommended starmex. Now here everyone said is suck.

Now should I call sharp to ask if got spare part? Or change air con ?

Huh? Really starmex not good? My sharp inverters used 15 year and at last spoil, third party service said change compressor not worth and no spare part. They recommended starmex. Now here everyone said is suck.

Now should I call sharp to ask if got spare part? Or change air con ?

Change new for enegy saving, cause if the previous is using R410a gas inverter for your gas pipeline not require to change.

Any brand also have a bad luck or call lemon unit.

Cause in sg has been sold million over units, for sure you guys has purchased a bad unit.

Got it repaired by Mitsubishi total cost - $375

Fan Motor - $140

PCB - $115

Labor & Transportation - $120

Is it just bad luck or their quality drop? I was expecting bnew aircon to last at least 5yrs before showing any problems. If they really are confident with their quality, they should be giving more than 1yr for motor warranty. Not sure how long Mitsubishi fridge motor warranty is but for my LG fridge and washer says 10yrs warranty.

P.S. The spare parts they giving only 1month warranty!!! Good luck to me hope it does not spoil after warranty expire.