Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Raydon

Our Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my contractor showed us his wardrobe design and we don't really like it.

so its back to the drawing board (internet actually)

searched high and low and found something we like.

waoh76.jpg

206ewe1.jpg

thats it! this is the one! So we just show him this and he will do accordingly.

haha.

then comes the laminates selection. another headache. (renovation is such a headache hahaha)

after much thought.. these are what we chosen.

fbb7mg.jpg

ljeyx.jpg

let hope it turn out nice.

basically most of our time is spent preparing for our photoshoot in sept, wedding next year and renovations

and one fine day we realise that we actually had some free time :dancingqueen:, so window shopping @ ikea we go!

this is when we saw their wardrobe and we realize something different about their wardrobe.

their door! their door sliding mechanism is inside

2mrdtfb.jpg

2179sm.jpg

meaning their door will appear bigger on the outside

QUADRA_ROBE_1_Zoom.jpg

unlike typical wardrobe where the slide mechanism is on the top and bottom.

imperial-alpine-white-3-door-sliding-war

unfortunately, my contractor told me that will be extra cost.. and its not cheap..

so we stick to the standard kind.. :(

Edited by Raydon

Hi, I'm also getting vinyl flooring for my new BTO. So in the end do we still need to pay for the extra 5mm for the cement screeding if we request the HDB sub contractor? Thanks in advance!

We did not pay cause the HDB supervisor in charge told us not to.

this is what he said. If the depth is more than 40mm, then it is the fault of the main contractor (the one that built the flat) and they will level the floor up to the desired level.

then the sub-con will proceed to do the 40mm.

however, i realise that it depends on the HDB supervisor in charge. I think some of them are bo chup kind. my estate itself got 2 in-charge.

the other guy (who take cares of other blocks) just tell the residents to pay the money.

Hi, I'm also getting vinyl flooring for my new BTO. So in the end do we still need to pay for the extra 5mm for the cement screeding if we request the HDB sub contractor? Thanks in advance!

Have you picked ur vinyl flooring? Evorich having an anniversary promo, 6.50 psf but with GST waived off... u may wish to consider it? Only for this weekend!

Thanks for sharing. :)

But i have let my contractor do it already. They will lay the floor this coming Monday.

Actually they did gave my bto this group buy price at 5.8psf + gst. But still out of my budget hahahaa

Have you picked ur vinyl flooring? Evorich having an anniversary promo, 6.50 psf but with GST waived off... u may wish to consider it? Only for this weekend!

Welcome bRo!

Glad u finally got the screening settle.... u got screeding problem and we got our tiling problem haiz~ u wasted time and i wasted money T.T

Great hood you got... Maintenance free... too bad i did not have top cabinet hence have to buy chimney type. your kitchen sink tap look nice and cute!! haha~

Dun worry about the fan, when it is moving, u wun even know how it look like..... (take pic with the fan running =x) the remote seem cool~

Care to share how do we define a "maintenance free" hood? This hood doesn't need to replace any filters etc? Juz need to wipe clean? I'm also gonna get a chimney hood (becoz looks good), but hates the idea of cleaning and having the need to replace consumables

thanks! lets see how alike is my wardrobe to the pictures..

Hope the chosen laminate will turn out nice! like your wardrobe moodboard too :)

Air-Con pipes installation day!

My contractor told me he will be there to co-ordinate with the air con pple. being the worried kind, i also took leave to ensure everything goes smoothly.

and true enough, my contractor didn't make it at the appointment time. lucky i was there.

Took a few photo of the progress first.

Wall lining and cornices all up.

oggf3l.jpg

10qfpmr.jpg

2nc31uf.jpg

Cornices (with my living room air con location)

21mdtf4.jpg

Removed the windows and door at the service yard.

sypjpk.jpg

Leveled the floor at the entrance so that my vinyl can go all the way out

2hxouwi.jpg

Edited by Raydon

• Like 1

Hello there! I have a similar floorplan to yours! really looking forward to your renovations as well hahah! anyway i've something to check, how long it took you to go request for the cement screeding? Im planning to do laminates flooring for my flat, do i have to request for the cement screeding immediately after i get my keys or i can wait a few months later when i start my renovation?

about 1 week after i got my keys. from request to completion took about 2 months.

but normally it should only take 4 weeks?

i read from another blog that if you intend to hack your walls, you should do it after hacking. if not this can be the first item on ur renovation list.

if u intend to lay cables and hide it using the screed, then i guess u have to do it before that.

:)

Hello there! I have a similar floorplan to yours! really looking forward to your renovations as well hahah! anyway i've something to check, how long it took you to go request for the cement screeding? Im planning to do laminates flooring for my flat, do i have to request for the cement screeding immediately after i get my keys or i can wait a few months later when i start my renovation?