Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
stylocool

My Industrial Show Flat @ Punggol Emerald

wow i have to say that you've really gone full into your industrial feel!! Respect! Love the wood panelled up lights on your walls. Fantastic mood

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just got confirmation that my marquee letter lights will be arriving end of the month. This will be the highlight of our MBR. Also bought some other marquee lights for decor purposes.

Hi neighbor,

You are really hardcore and stayed true to your theme but like what you said, there is a price to pay in order to be different. There aren't many homeowners who did not deviate significantly from their original concepts and themes, so blogs like yours are always a breath of fresh air.

We also toyed with the idea of doing exactly what you did with the combination of the main bedroom and bedroom 1 but in the end, practicality and budget constraints had the highest weightage in our considerations. The beams in the living room is a really nice touch instead of the black conduit pipes. Just curious, what is the material of those beams?

Hello,

Your zigzag lighting looks interesting. May I know what light blub are you using? is it bright enough?

I went into the Taobao link, apparently the vendor does not supply light bulb?

Hello,

Your zigzag lighting looks interesting. May I know what light blub are you using? is it bright enough?

I went into the Taobao link, apparently the vendor does not supply light bulb?

Just normal 5-7W light bulb. Not too bright but that's how i want it to be. If you want it to be brighter, just get those bigger bulbs. Yes the vendor don't provide bulbs. I don't think so you want their bulbs cos most likely it's not energy saving.

Walked through with KT today on the defects found. After that went to Ikea to shop for accessories and wardrobe for my son's room. Luckily borrow my FIL's lorry. Just first round only. Sure will go back for more purchases. I realised that Ikea's design is getting better. Some of the tables and chairs they have looks like designer ones. But pricing is a bit on the high side for Ikea brand.

10550825_10152319269068795_1459391093693

More work needs to be done at the TV console area as my floor standing speakers are not able to sit on the i-beam. Need to add 2 steel plates to the i-beam so that my speakers can sit on top.

Walked through with KT today on the defects found. After that went to Ikea to shop for accessories and wardrobe for my son's room. Luckily borrow my FIL's lorry. Just first round only. Sure will go back for more purchases. I realised that Ikea's design is getting better. Some of the tables and chairs they have looks like designer ones. But pricing is a bit on the high side for Ikea brand.

10550825_10152319269068795_1459391093693

Ah yeah i saw those tables. The dark walnut looking series? They even have chairs and benches right? Very expensive though! About 300 for a chair?

Ah yeah i saw those tables. The dark walnut looking series? They even have chairs and benches right? Very expensive though! About 300 for a chair?

Yeah but it's more suitable for scandi theme.

Corridor Reno

As we didn't get the doors from HDB, we have to get our own doors. Shockingly, there is only that much designs to choose from and definitely none of them looks industrial. So customise again lor. At first wanted to make it like a door in a ship. The door with a round window in the middle with steel grills leh. Too bad not enough Vitamin M especially when there are 3 doors to do. So we thought of making it looked vintage (just paint and sand it down) for a change. Think i have too much industrial design in the living room so nice to keep it simple here. Still some element of industrial design. Check out the hinges. Probably will paint the handle black also.

17_zps1146e0bc.jpg

Hi Stylocool,

for the effect, we just have to paint and just use sand paper to rub it down?

I am intending to do the same but was trying to watch youtube to figure it out.

Hi Stylocool,

for the effect, we just have to paint and just use sand paper to rub it down?

I am intending to do the same but was trying to watch youtube to figure it out.

Yes just paint and sand down.