Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aluka

5 Rm Resale Dream Home Project Strathmore

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You better check on the height of the Oven.

Looks a bit high to me.

Thanks. Any idea of oven brands? and where to buy?

I used to like to Rotisserie (ie., turning) function. A store sales person told me this is old technology and now new type ovens come with fan heater which circulate air around the items - so need for turning function. Is that true?

Any suggestions on good brands of ceiling fans? and where to buy?

KDK is a trusted brand and you can get them from Malaysia.

Alternatively you can get your fan from a supplier in RT forum name Bro (If I am not wrong), he will go over your house and review and recommend a model.

He got quite good reviews

Thanks. Any idea of oven brands? and where to buy?

I used to like to Rotisserie (ie., turning) function. A store sales person told me this is old technology and now new type ovens come with fan heater which circulate air around the items - so need for turning function. Is that true?

Sorry, not well versed in this category but few of my friends all get Bosch.

Very good survey report, very useful! I may get down to Heritage and RF this weekend after reading ur report LOL!!

Thanks for liking it. When I started my search there wasn't an consolidated report available in the forum, hence i thought it will be useful for friends who start their search new.

Yes, you can just go to RF and Heritage and buy most of the stuff - unless you are looking for high-end exclusive brands like TOTO, Bravat etc. By going to RF and Heritage you can save your shopping energy for other things. BTW, RF doesn't have much on display; so don't get disappointed. Happy Shopping!

:deal:

Just back from a 2 week overseas trip and pleased to note wifey has almost single handedly finalized our ID. After nearly 2 months of meetings and discussing with several ID's we received around 4 quotes with SUBSTANCE, rest were junk - either disinterested / not responded / not detailed.

Again moaning on the lack of response from ID's because of which choice of good ID's who are interested in picking business is very limited; one of my friend tells me that ID's nowadays pick-up "BTO" jobs only because no hacking/demolition involved. Is it true?

From the 4 quotes we received, we shortlisted final 2 with whom we had detailed discussions and site visits, before I left overseas. Both were closely matched making the decision making difficult. Then wifey took up the difficult challenge of final selection. :good:

Id#1:

1. more experienced person in personal capacity;

2. but working for a new setup less than 1 year;

3. arranged client reference visit for workmanship before even we asked for; shows his earnestness.

4. could see he had very good rapport with his customer; show his customer friendliness.

5. but wifey was not so impressed with workmanship especially toilet finishes and carpentry had visible gaps.

6. price was cheaper by 4K; (hard to ignore!)

Id#2:

1. young chap; very enthusiastic and energetic;

2. also new setup; but had more reference projects.

3. good in space planning; had lots of ideas to offer for difficult decisions

4. workmanship as viewed from client reference visit was good; could see rapport with customers;

5. Price was 4K higher; making it difficult to decide.

Wifey managed to negotiate and conclude the deal with ID#2. Hopefully he lives up to the reputation and deliver good product.

It was a close call between 2 ID's.

Next going to be a busy week with the following activities:

1. HDB Renovation Permit application

2. Finalizing the following:

a) Tiles with ID inputs - hopefully ID experience will help us choose the right tiles.

b) Carpentry layout and color scheme

5. Fingers crossed wait for reno to kick-off in 1st week of Sept.

Wish me luck! :bow:

Final selection of tiles for our new home. We kept the variance to a minimum to maintain consistency:

ZlRPjN.jpg

Ml3k1G.jpg

FVmRS6.jpg

RZ2tob.jpg

Edited by aluka

Finally took your keys today right! Congrates!

WOW! :bow: You have superb memory.

Many many thanks for your wishes!. It is definitely good to have well wishers like you.

Yes, keys collected! And reno starting from next Monday!

Will keep you posted on the progress..

BTW, I just noticed I have reached 100 posts even before I started the reno!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by aluka

You posted just few posts above, happen to visit your thread.. hehehe.. Actually we are quite near too, wanted to view the flats at Strathmore, but before i get to view, i confirmed my new place.. I am at Tiong Bahru.. :)

Carpentry discussions going in-parallel with my ID. White will be the predominant color; plan to mix wood grain laminate as contrast to improve the color scheme.

Here's some choices we are going to choose:

Colored laminate choices - My wife's preference is Amber Cherry; she likes the pale pinkish tint it gives; I seem to like the Euro Cherry as it has deep dark grains so that it can hide the joining lines!.

pUD4vO.jpg
The white choice will be the Piano White.
Grj3xy.jpg
Closer look at the wood grain palatte:
RFh1jb.jpg
Amber cherry and Euro Cherry next to each other:
iZ5ouN.jpg
Edited by aluka