Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bianzi

Self Designed House.. Project 2014

Wah thats like having Optimus Prime in your living room. haha. Looks **** powerful! :thumbs up:

I opted for the one a grade below what you bought and I signed up with MyRepublic too but so far the service has been a bit bleah. How's your experience?

I think I opt the same as you.

Got to agree their service is a bit bad as there always seem to have some miscommunication on appointments.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Lighting points in bathrooms.. Should it install a false ceiling light above my mirror or put led strips ard the mirror ?? Need to decide before the electrician start work tom...

Edited by bianzi

Miss gadget has decided to sign on with my republic....and getting the asus AC68U for the speed and coverage... Taking advantage of the free open net installation as the previous owner opted out... $_$

9011342B-C9A0-443E-A056-8044E406D85D_zps

Thanks for sharing this! Am gonna get one!

Do U have an opennet point? My republic not offering free opennet installation in their new promo... If u need free installation, have to look for m1 or Singtel already.

Thanks for sharing this! Am gonna get one!

Edited by bianzi

TV console blues... :help: i need to think of a design for my contractor by this weekend... still thinking if i shd do a suspended tv console or a free standing one...

i love the grafunkt line series console.. but not going to pay $3k for that... crazy price to pay for a tv console... so maybe i shd make one.. that looks like that.. but contractor said it is going to be expensive as they are going to paint over with wood finishing....sigh...

Free standing ones

- more scandi looking

- more storage space,...

Suspended tv console

Pros - clean look and easier to mop and vacuum :rolleyes:

Cons - can't take heavy stuff with limited space...as u can't be building a double layer suspended tv console.. looks so bulky and out of place

Decisions.. decisions :help:

Hope you have arrived at your console design! Same considerations as you but once we saw our carpentry quote we decided that we will go budget and only do/buy a really nice one when we strike lottery! Hahaha.

Really like Air's Telegramme and Grafunkt's line but also cost so much :(

Then we saw this on Taobao!

T1Hx54FF0aXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_640x

approx $600 inclusive of shipping. Received it but yet to set it up. Looks pretty ok from outside. Haha. Hopefully it doesn't fail us after we set up. Lol

Edited by nickguthe

Wah we really look at the same sort of design... Air's telegramme is also one of the designs that I saw! Haven decide on the design. Meeting him only this coming sat for bathroom cabinet design and tv console..

For the design below, are you going to put your players on top of the console? if you place them inside, how are you going to control?

Hope you have arrived at your console design! Same considerations as you but once we saw our carpentry quote we decided that we will go budget and only do/buy a really nice one when we strike lottery! Hahaha.

Really like Air's Telegramme and Grafunkt's line but also cost so much :(

Then we saw this on Taobao! T1Hx54FF0aXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_640x

approx $600 inclusive of shipping. Received it but yet to set it up. Looks pretty ok from outside. Haha. Hopefully it doesn't fail us after we set up. Lol

Edited by bianzi

Question on Aircon insulation... I am supposed to get 1/2 inch but why did this show up as 3/8? Anybody familiar with this?

4984E0FA-5349-4F1F-AD96-AA2C4B907EAE_zps

I checked with him already. He said that is the size of the internal hole and not the thickness of the insulation. The insulation is 1/2 inch. I also dunno how I can find out unless I go and measure

Wah we really look at the same sort of design... Air's telegramme is also one of the designs that I saw! Haven decide on the design. Meeting him only this coming sat for bathroom cabinet design and tv console..

For the design below, are you going to put your players on top of the console? if you place them inside, how are you going to control?

We will leave the sliding door open when we need to control the devices. Inconvenience of cheaper designs. XD

Lighting and Electric points...

Electrician went thro the quotes with me again and it went up to a 3.4k mark...

I decided to change all the existing switches to the cheapest yet ok looking Schneider Vivace series....

Initially he said it is free for any additional switches that I need to do, but when i told him i wanted all switches to be changed, he said he need to charge me $150 for that... :bleah:

FBAB4BE5-527A-4C66-AA41-469EF3C977C0_zps

Items to be done

1) 10 additional double sockets (ok don't ask me why i also dunno.. :dunno: just thought the more the better... haha)

2) 2 cat 6 points

3) rewiring of concealed open net point ($250..!!)

4) reinstalling scv point at tv console area

5) additional 18 lighting points

6) fan point

7) cooker point

8) ceiling fan installation

9) installation of lights

10) recalling electric points ($150)

11) switches

Edited by bianzi

Question on Aircon insulation... I am supposed to get 1/2 inch but why did this show up as 3/8? Anybody familiar with this?

4984E0FA-5349-4F1F-AD96-AA2C4B907EAE_zps

This is correct.

If you go to their website to see, there is an explanation

Hope this helps.

bianzi, I have the same doubt and check with my technician. they also say that the 3/8 refer to the inner diameter. can only base on "Trust" liao lor~