Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bianzi

Self Designed House.. Project 2014

Redone brick wall completed... pics from C... but somehow it doesn't feel right... the bricks looks a bit dirty.... i wonder if those were the workers' hand prints and there is too much of the pinkish beige tiles used...

hope the real thing turns out ok... can't wait to get back... i think C will kill me if i decide to paint it white if it turns out too ugly... he said he burnt a big hole redoing this wall for me :(

A799ECE9-0EE8-4B8F-873E-58970DDC0349_zps

Think it will be better when you go and take a look yourself, sometimes angle and light play a part in viewing.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Redone brick wall completed... pics from C... but somehow it doesn't feel right... the bricks looks a bit dirty.... i wonder if those were the workers' hand prints and there is too much of the pinkish beige tiles used...

hope the real thing turns out ok... can't wait to get back... i think C will kill me if i decide to paint it white if it turns out too ugly... he said he burnt a big hole redoing this wall for me :(

Both color has their charms, it is personal preference.

I did mine using the same color as yours, with warm lights on, create a cosy ambiance.

20140705_184307.jpg

Hiccup

While on my business trip, I got a whatsapp from C telling me that the workers accidentally painted the brick wall. Sian.. He asked if I ok to take this or he can redo all again for me! Dilemma. .. What do u guys prefer?33778E7D-93BA-4405-90E7-300B47B3B9A9_zps

Both are nice, but eventually i chose white.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Gosh. This is a nightmare. Luckily, the white looks ok and you can accept it.

Happened to me before at my previous place. Instead of black and rust coloured wrought iron for my staircase railing, they fabricated and installed green and black colour. But it looked nice. Sometimes, the mistake can be a blessing.

Yours at least looks clean and white for the white bits... I hope it is the bad angle the hoot was taken by C ... And my wall is not very big.. So putting loads of beige tiles are like a bit too much

Both color has their charms, it is personal preference.

I did mine using the same color as yours, with warm lights on, create a cosy ambiance.

20140705_184307.jpg

Yours at least looks clean and white for the white bits... I hope it is the bad angle the hoot was taken by C ... And my wall is not very big.. So putting loads of beige tiles are like a bit too much

Dont dwell on it. I bet we have the same bricks. there are also parts with "blemishes" as well.

It adds character to the wall. Anyway this wall of mine is only about 3 meters plus only.

• Like 1

i think this color is still more special than white. and gives the natural look. =)

hope it will turn out to what you like.

I think the wall looks ok...I didn't even notice the dark color if u nv mentioned.

counting down to see it

haha this reminds me a little of the shock i received recently. The contractor came with a panel of my steel wall and it was a god awful muddy purple colour! He said he matched it to the 3D image that the ID sent him, but thats because the 3D rendering has yellow lights. So black/grey steel walls became muddy purple. *dies*

Needless to say, they are redoing it.

I think most importantly is see in Real life.

For my limited skills in photography, the metal gate which my ID did is much nicer in real life.

(*Note : I did doubt when he show me the pictures by drawing and also the fabricating stage, including when it was on the lorry delivering to my house)

It is finally the weekend!! But I need to work today ..nevertheless last night I was trying to surf at various website for wall decals and it was so tough to choose! I think I decided to give up my search on taobao! There are a million items in there!! I could have taken up a whole day to do that.... So tough to find something....

Finally short listed the following... Thinking of putting this on the dining wall near my kitchen entrance

73DD0378-A051-400F-BA3E-96CA7E4918BA_zps

Since my house is painted white... I think this will certainly add some life to the house...:)

Edited by bianzi

• Like 2

Today is carpentry measurement day for my kitchen cabinet, wardrobe and shoe cabinet...

Contractor C sent his guys to install my toilet vanity top.. Not competed but seemed to look good from the pic he sent me... I will post it when that is completed...

ID went up with carpenters and took a pic of my pastel pink bedroom wall... A little too sweet for me .. As I am miss gadget ... I am not into girly worly stuff... But still I think it will look nice with my grey bed frame.. ☺️

A43C7BED-A43B-4F11-A0A1-F3B4525116D8_zps

Brick wall seemed to look ok today from ID's pics.. Can't wait to see the 真人 next week when I am back...

6DF51513-4535-4338-86AA-F2B77710C88C_zps

Hiccup # xxxx

Contractor C thought that I am using induction cooker when I told him it was gas I think he has forgotten again... He was with me when I bought the cooker... . Luckily ID pointed out when he was taking the measurement today...

So I ask C to call the pub guys to come over for gas pipe installation...