Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lovescandi

Ideal Scandinavian 4Rm Bto In Anchorvale

Hi Lovescandi,

Good info and writing!!

What other stuff did you buy from Taobao? Can share with us?

Could you please pm me your Contractor J contact?

Thanks alot.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Today's update:

We realised that one of contractor J's in charge forgot to conceal our TV wiring in the brickwall box up!! He was so busy that day coordinating the installation of the cabinets and kitchen/toilet kerbs that he didn't stop the tiler doing the craftbricks and he overlayed the entire wall instead.

Anyway I already anticipated some screw up but this is quite upsetting for me cause I wanted my brickwall to be perfect with the TV mounted on it. Now there are several options which hubby is discussing with them but either way its no longer the same.

Well, screw ups are typical in renovation as long as its not too major. Like for e.g. I bought some stuff which the size didn't fit etc etc but I learn from them and understand that some measurements during reno is not just so straightforward.

Apart from this, so far Contractor J has been very accommodating and doing up everything according to schedule + the walk in wardrobe he has done up is beyond amazing - no major screw up until this brickwall (and its not his fault, his worker) so yap, I can't complain, can I.

Kitchen cabinet will be up next week! Till then ...

Craftbricks purchased from Taobao, SUPER DUPER LOVIN' IT! :dribble: :sport-smiley-004:

gallery_62588_461_19461.jpg

Hi lovescandi,

Could you kindly share the link of your craftbrick haul from Taobao?

It looks so gorgeous I am tempted to do one at home too.

Thanks for your help.

Lovely ~ is it exp to buy the bricks from TB ?

And just curious, if u conceal the TV wire behind the brickwall, should your TV fault or what or need to change , how to do it ?

Like example, this TV spoil, u buy a new one.. Then how u going to put the new TV de wire inside the brick wall again ??

Hello, I'm not very good with the technical details, my hubby is so I can't really explain how it is done but I'm sure it can be done since there are so many people doing feature wall. By the way, half of my brick wall is a box up to align the brick wall with my sofa so the electrician was supposed to run the concealed wiring in the box up.

Bricks from Taobao is extremely cheap but domestic shipping is the hidden cost and its quite expensive IMO.

Hi lovescandi,

Could you pls pm me contractor J contact. Thank you :)

Hi Lovescandi,

Good info and writing!!

What other stuff did you buy from Taobao? Can share with us?

Could you please pm me your Contractor J contact?

Thanks alot.

Hi please PM me for those who are keen in Contractor J's contact. Since I'm half way with my reno and all is well, I'll be happy to share. Do let me know if my inbox is full, thanks!

For Taobao, I bought TOO MANY - I've got another few cubic metres more shipped to me on my second batch,think I better take a photo when its completed and you guys can check with me from there. Anyway I opened up my TV console yesterday to peek and IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL - its a solid wood oak scandi TV console and finishing was great. Will put it up when my reno is completed!

Lovely ~ is it exp to buy the bricks from TB ?

And just curious, if u conceal the TV wire behind the brickwall, should your TV fault or what or need to change , how to do it ?

Like example, this TV spoil, u buy a new one.. Then how u going to put the new TV de wire inside the brick wall again ??

Not sure if this it how its SUPPOSED to be done, but i think you can remove the tv, attach the new tv wire to the old one via masking tape or something similar, then pull the old wire out the other side. Thereby threading the new wire through the concealed hole. Makes sense?

Hello, I'm not very good with the technical details, my hubby is so I can't really explain how it is done but I'm sure it can be done since there are so many people doing feature wall. By the way, half of my brick wall is a box up to align the brick wall with my sofa so the electrician was supposed to run the concealed wiring in the box up.

Bricks from Taobao is extremely cheap but domestic shipping is the hidden cost and its quite expensive IMO.

Hi please PM me for those who are keen in Contractor J's contact. Since I'm half way with my reno and all is well, I'll be happy to share. Do let me know if my inbox is full, thanks!

For Taobao, I bought TOO MANY - I've got another few cubic metres more shipped to me on my second batch,think I better take a photo when its completed and you guys can check with me from there. Anyway I opened up my TV console yesterday to peek and IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL - its a solid wood oak scandi TV console and finishing was great. Will put it up when my reno is completed!

Loving the look of your place and how disciplined you are with the scandi theme. The simple whites and blacks are actually probably what my wife really wants for our house. :P

I've also gotten a tv console off TB but I haven't had the guts to look in yet. Here's hoping that both of ours turn our well!

Today's update:

We realised that one of contractor J's in charge forgot to conceal our TV wiring in the brickwall box up!! He was so busy that day coordinating the installation of the cabinets and kitchen/toilet kerbs that he didn't stop the tiler doing the craftbricks and he overlayed the entire wall instead.

Anyway I already anticipated some screw up but this is quite upsetting for me cause I wanted my brickwall to be perfect with the TV mounted on it. Now there are several options which hubby is discussing with them but either way its no longer the same.

Well, screw ups are typical in renovation as long as its not too major. Like for e.g. I bought some stuff which the size didn't fit etc etc but I learn from them and understand that some measurements during reno is not just so straightforward.

Apart from this, so far Contractor J has been very accommodating and doing up everything according to schedule + the walk in wardrobe he has done up is beyond amazing - no major screw up until this brickwall (and its not his fault, his worker) so yap, I can't complain, can I.

Kitchen cabinet will be up next week! Till then ...

Craftbricks purchased from Taobao, SUPER DUPER LOVIN' IT! :dribble: :sport-smiley-004:

gallery_62588_461_19461.jpg

Hi, may I know how much does the craftbricks + shipping cost? Appreciate if you could send me the TB link as well.

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Hello guys, many of you posted PMs to enquire the links for my TB items. I appreciate if you guys could read the posts before this because I've posted them up :dribble:

Some updates:

Today Contractor J's electrician came over to do up my electrical wiring - he finished up the walkway tracklights, 3bed rooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and service yard within a couple of hours. Tomorrow he'll be doing up the living room which is more complicated.

For those who have the same layout as me and you'd like to use tracklights too, the trick is to buy 1metre tracks if you don't want to mess up the ceiling with too many conduits and tracks. You don't even need a connector to connect 2 tracks (1metre + 1metre). Simply get your electrician to place the tracks side by side and you can run them straight without going round the living room or wasting money buying track connectors.

I'm not sure if you guys understood what I meant - but feel free to question further as it was a new idea thought by contractor J and the electrician as I told them the original conduits and tracks were too messy and complicated in the ceiling. Eventually we tried it out today to see if placing 1metre tracks side by side works without a connector and it does the trick indeed :yeah:

Bedrooms and kitchen light with remote control and colour of lights are interchangeable to 3 different shades (white, off white and warm)

OUR BEST BUY - HUBBY AND I LOVE THIS LIGHT SO MUCH!!

gallery_62588_461_71999.jpg

Walkway track light - using 7watts, its perfect!

(My neighbour is using 3watts, too dim. And my friend bought 12watts, too big,bulk & bright)

gallery_62588_461_38573.jpg

Service yard wall light (had to change the bulb to bigger watt in LED as the original one provided was way too dim)

gallery_62588_461_59906.jpg

I did not see any link for the bed room n kitchen lights. Share please?

Bedrooms and kitchen light with remote control and colour of lights are interchangeable to 3 different shades (white, off white and warm)

OUR BEST BUY - HUBBY AND I LOVE THIS LIGHT SO MUCH!!

gallery_62588_461_71999.jpg

Hello! Actually I saw this light in taobao before and also like how simple and elegant it looks! Wanna ask you.. what dimension and watt did you choose for these ceiling lights?

I really scared buy over bright / too dim for my room.. So wanna take yours as reference.

Thanks in advance~

Edit*: Tried ordering myself but realise lights we cannot import on our own? How you order lights ar? If possible to share.. :)

Edited by DaddyWinter

Hi.

Your design is awesome!

Can i get contractor J's contact and quote from you? You can either PM me or drop me an email at adrian.wongzw@gmail.com

Thank you! :)

Edited by adrianh4rt

Hi there! I've been following your t-blog for awhile! Can you please send me contractor J's contact details? Can you also share with me your rough quotation? Thanks so much! Looking forward to your msg :)

Posting here because your inbox is full! Hehe

I did not see any link for the bed room n kitchen lights. Share please?

Hello,

I purchased this exact watt for my rooms + kitchen. Highly suggest everyone to purchase at least this watt because I find that it is just nice to brighten up the space. Anything smaller might be too dim.

By the way, I've cleared my inbox so you guys can PM me for any questions, thanks!

65*43LED48W调色遥控

Here's the link:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19971695342

Today's update:

Contractor J is away on a short trip so he sent his in charge and 5 workers (all doing carpentry) - 2 workers for putting up my kitchen cabinets and 2 workers for my shoe cabinets and 1 worker helping around. All of them reached at 9am and finished setting up my entire shoe cabinet and whole kitchen by 6pm. They were very prompt and nice. All his workers kept checking with us to find out if we had any preference in placing certain stuff like the sink and hob etc

There was also a 64 year old uncle whom worked as a carpenter for 60 years (he started working at 14 years old!!). Cause he was climbing up and down fixing my cabinet so I was worried since he looked quite old and wanted to help him but he refused. I then started chatting with him - found out he was the one who constructed all my cabinets at the factory - very experienced old man and I give it to him :good:

Before my shoe cabinet was up, I was really worried about the laminate husband chose. I wanted something lighter like oak but he shifted a little towards industrial style. In the end I compromised with him and picked the laminate he wanted. The shoe cabinet cum storage was a huge item in the living so it was worrying since I didn't have any 3D to refer to. Talking about 3D, Contractor J was supposed to give them to me before the reno started but because I rushed him to do the carpentry first, the person drawing my 3D could only finish tomorrow. I mentioned that I didnt need anymore 3D since 90% of the carpentry were done but he said he'll give them to me anyway.

Here's my shoe cabinet cum storage before the doors were up (beside my craftbrick)

gallery_62588_461_283066.jpg

and here's after the doors were up

gallery_62588_461_165486.jpg

BUT after the doors were up, we realised that guy whom we were aliasing for the 'design' of the shoe cabinet FORGOT to add in the black frames around the borders when he passed the design to the carpenter!! Poor old carpenter had to dismantle the doors and bring them back to the factory to redo the black frames and design :( Oh wells, got to wait for another time for them to 'complete' my shoe cabinet.

Will update photos of my kitchen another time as we were rushing off for dinner and didn't take photos! :P

Feedback on my 'uncompleted' shoe cabinet please!! I preferred oak but this was a more 'rustic' wood colour hubby picked, what do you think? :rolleyes: