Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cch93624

Our Punggol Scandi Home

After reading so many posts on Reno t-Blog, I've decided to also post my journey of how me and my wife begin creating our Punggol Scandi Home!

Our new house is at Punggol Waterway! But we've yet to get our keys.

I'd like to share my floor plan of my 5-rm BTO flat below.

gallery_59073_3_9158.jpg

Next, I'll be sharing the theme of my home!

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

After doing some research on the internet, I realized there are TONS of THEMES for interiors. Like Modern, Victorian, Scandinavian, Industrial, Nordic, Country, Rustic, Zen, Resort-style........ SOO MANY!!!:jawdrop:

My wife and I decided to choose Scandinavian theme. We created a simple mood board for that.

gallery_59073_8_88735.jpg

We feel that Scandinavian style is all about simplicity, a lot of white and wood furniture, fabric sofas, not much built-in stuff, more loose furniture. And we really like the brick wall concept. We also like that the furniture has pencil legs! So we decided to go for this! :good:

Next post, I'll put down my long-winded and painful experience of ID hunting!!

Hihi, may I know where you got these images from (2nd row, middle and extreme right)? Exactly what I had in mind! :D

I found all these pictures thru Google and Pinterest...you can try Pinterest, there are bunch of nice pictures inside. :)

It's always difficult to kick-start with work after long weekend...but I still manage to survive the difficult day haha :D

Back to the topic, me and my wife have went through this forum and have approached those recommended ID by our forumers, and I would like to summarize our view on each of them.

1.) Thomas-Living Art Design

Pros: Such a friendly and proactive guy. We went down to his showroom @ Toa Payoh, and have a lenghty discussion on the concept and design. He was willing to share a lot of his experiences and tips on renovation.

Cons: We think he doesn't have much experience is Scandi theme, and also not very creative in terms of design idea.

2.) Ken Lee-Summtt Design Studio

Pros: He has more design ideas than Thomas, and also shown us some previous design that he did with Scandi theme. But we think they are more like Modern Scandi rather than traditional Scandi.

Cons: He was late for our meeting, and never really did homework before our meeting. The most important thing was we can't really 'click' with him.

3.) Min Hao-Posh Home Design

Recommended by LeonJennaWong. But Calvin was not available (apparently too many business becos of recommendation of LeonJennaWong), and referred us to Min Hao.

Pros: Very creative and design oriented, he also introduce to us some new material like kompacplus and glass fibre tile. He also talked quite soft and slow, I suppose that was act of confidence? He also mentioned that he only take up max 3 projects at the same time, so that he could focus on each projects.

Cons: His quotation is on the high side, and also come with GST. GST is something that we would like to avoid, hence we dropped him eventually.

4.) Julianna-NID Design Studio

Pros: Very friendly person and very nice to talk with.

Cons: More on modern contemporary theme rather than Scandi theme, not much design ideas.

5.) Wilson-De Style

The worst among all the IDs, as he never show off for the meeting!! :angry2:

We tried to call his mobile but couldn't even get through, and we tried to call his office, his colleague just said would try to cal him. At the end, no news at all!! Not even a 'sorry' from either the ID or their staff. Very UNPROFESSIONAL firm. :no:

That's it for the night...TBC...

• Like 1

Continue from previous post..

6. ) Bryan-Defong

Very friendly and experience guy. We have a long chat with him, and he gave us a lot of practical tips and things to look out for during renovation.

Pros: Friendly, experienced, and very detail, transparent and quite reasonable quotation.

Cons: Not much creative design ideas, mostly practical. No experience with Scandi design.

7.) Amy-9creation

We were actually suppose to meet with another ID from 9creation, but end up we were served by Amy when we visited their show flat.

Pros: Friendly lady, experienced, willing to work within our budget and propose cheaper design alternatives.

Cons: Not much experience with Scandi design, mainly in modern contemporary design.

8.) Edison-96Degree

Our first impression with Edison was actually quite good, as we find him very friendly and easy to talk to. We could feel his sincerity during our first meeting. But things turn downhill after we paid a visit to his show flat, he followed up with us quite 'frequently', in fact too frequentl until I felt a bit annoyed. :deal:

Yup, you guess it correctly, we drop him eventually, partly because we think their workmanship is not very good.

Pros: Cheapest quotation we've received so far, and offer discount if you agree to let them use your house as show flat. :notti:

Cons: Poor workmanship, a bit pushy.

9.) Lara/Kelvin-SkyCreation

Very young ID. Eventhough they have some creative ideas, we felt that they do not have much experiences, and their quote is also on the high side. So we end up dropping them after 1 meeting.

Pros: Have creative ideas.

Cons: Expensive, mainly doing modern contemporary.

10.) Will-Three-D Conceptwerke

After meeting with so many IDs, we were very exhausted and were almost giving up, then we came across this ID firm from magazine, and we decided to give it a try. When we first met Will, we felt a bit skeptical as he is China Chinese. We've never met with any Chinese ID before, and have no idea if we could communicate well with him. But our first meeting ended up quite well. He shown his passion and experience with design, yet flexible enough to take in our consideratios and ideas. He was also the first ID that propose totally different layout for our house, which showed that he could think out of the box, and that actually impress us a lot. Their quote is a bit on the high side, but we think that is because their workmanship is good and they use quality stuff :good:

Pros: Creative, able to think out of the box, experienced, passionate, good workmanship.

Cons: Quotation on the high side.

After two months of exhausted and length ID-hunt, (yup, you guess it correctly again) we finally decided to engage Will as our ID. :lol:

The worries that we have earlier actually doesn't exist, we can communicate with him quite well, in fact we can 'click' with him very well. He can actually guess what we have in our mind even before we spit it out (a bit not so safe though :P ). Hopefully we have made a right choice and it will be a joyful journey with him.

Wish me luck guys!! :yamseng:

agree..the mood board are nice.

May I know how you go about contacting Will? I will be renovating my place soon and looking for a designer.Hoepfully he can give me good ideas.