Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shir1307

A Simple Home 4 Me And My Son..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

An update:

Bought all my lightings and bathroom accessories as well as kitchen sink and mixer at LBS (Lights & Bathroom Solutions Pte Ltd) on Saturday together with ID. Seller was okay, quite resourceful and able to find the light that i wanted (saw at another shop). :)

Also ordered my hood and hob (EF Brand) from Goh Ah Bee at Kovan. The prices are really cheaper as compared to other shops, if you are interested can check them out at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Goh-Ah-Bee/412003655570955 . My mom also told me that she had bought her Tecno hood and hob from them a few years back, and they have a very good reputation.

Finally, got my 3d drawings for my kitchen from my ID, here they are! :) Initially had wanted to go for the ash grey wood feel, but on 2nd thought, decided to go with the lighter wood as i prefer the unfinished feel.

The drawing with the laminate i had originally chosen...

IMG-20140831-WA00021.jpg

IMG-20140831-WA0003.jpg

But in the end i chose this laminate (one on the right)

20140901_120016.jpg

Had some hiccup with my cheques from Maybank, was supposed to receive 3 cheques for my reno loan, but the person gave me 1!!!! aiyo! now waiting for them to rectify this before i can pay my ID. curb work starting on Thursday, will update soon with more pics!

Hi shir1307,

the 3D drawings looks kool. :good:

We were unable to find this ID you engaged when we were at Toa Payoh last week. :unsure:

Went to Blk 190 but saw the name as "Dezign" instead of Design..dunno same or affiliated or what. :dunno:

We are also going for white colour kitchen cabinets (bright & dun give the feeling of small) cos our kitchen looks more like a pantry or a kitchenette! :lol:

Hi shir1307,

the 3D drawings looks kool. :good:

We were unable to find this ID you engaged when we were at Toa Payoh last week. :unsure:

Went to Blk 190 but saw the name as "Dezign" instead of Design..dunno same or affiliated or what. :dunno:

We are also going for white colour kitchen cabinets (bright & dun give the feeling of small) cos our kitchen looks more like a pantry or a kitchenette! :lol:

Hey ANDi, thanks! My ID is located at blk 177... :) Dont think affiliated eh. haha.

Yes, I also chose white color laminate for the top as dont want to have too many confusing laminates in the kitchen. :D My worktop i am also going for white (unlike in the 3d drawing).

Hey ANDi, thanks! My ID is located at blk 177... :) Dont think affiliated eh. haha.

Yes, I also chose white color laminate for the top as dont want to have too many confusing laminates in the kitchen. :D My worktop i am also going for white (unlike in the 3d drawing).

awesome!....white! :good:

we just need to be diligent to clean up after cooking..hahaha.. :sport-smiley-003:

we just finished painting over the weekend..

then just now..i noticed..the walls kena scribbled & got drawing liao! :wacko:

contractor was there earlier..no 3D drawing...just...drawings! hahaha

they'll start work on the L box & kitchen cabinets..this week.

when your reno works will start?

awesome!....white! :good:

we just need to be diligent to clean up after cooking..hahaha.. :sport-smiley-003:

we just finished painting over the weekend..

then just now..i noticed..the walls kena scribbled & got drawing liao! :wacko:

contractor was there earlier..no 3D drawing...just...drawings! hahaha

they'll start work on the L box & kitchen cabinets..this week.

when your reno works will start?

Reno works start tomorrow! :) hehe cant wait.

Aircon installation people from Gain City came yesterday to fix up the aircon in the 3 rooms. Can say that i am quite lucky, feel that the installation people who came were quite thorough and did a good job (although i am not a good judge). haha. They did take some time though, started at 10.30am and finished only at 5pm. :jawdrop:

10613082_870702136276319_255014743359210

Nice and cool for a while, but all wrapped up again to prep for reno works which is starting soon!!

ID drew all over my walls, planning for my cabinets...

20140902_120857.jpg

20140902_120839.jpg

Thanks to Kelvin (my ID) for discussing with me in detail about the carpentry works, as I would be too busy to come down to oversee, so he discussed with me and will make arrangements for all the items.

Can't wait to see the reno roll out proper.

Helloooooooooo shir1307!

Kelvin is also my ID! his service is really efficient! mine so far so goood!

anw good luck to your renovation!

Hey Ajrenojourney, yes i am very happy with his prompt responses and good service to date. Good luck for your reno too! :)

A quick update, went up to peek tonight and found the floors mostly covered with cardboard already. :D cement and stuff have been hauled up to the house, looks like the workers are ready to go tomorrow!

Hi shir1307,

me is everyday after work..will drop by new place to look see the progress..painting done..wires dangling all over (L-box)..yesterday evening..saw the hood, hob & oven in liao.

A quick update, went up to peek tonight and found the floors mostly covered with cardboard already. :D cement and stuff have been hauled up to the house, looks like the workers are ready to go tomorrow!

The first week, i went almost everyday till i see the progress was quite slow. this week I have not been there.

Quite tiring to travel even though i now reside at AMK and my house is at Yishun

Jia You for ur reno!

Hi shir1307,

me is everyday after work..will drop by new place to look see the progress..painting done..wires dangling all over (L-box)..yesterday evening..saw the hood, hob & oven in liao.

Haha, same as me. :) I also like to drop by to peek at the progress. :) Seems like yours is proceeding quite smoothly and quick too!

The first week, i went almost everyday till i see the progress was quite slow. this week I have not been there.

Quite tiring to travel even though i now reside at AMK and my house is at Yishun

Jia You for ur reno!

Wow, that is really far, can understand why you dont go over... My new house is just 1 bus stop away from my mom's place (where i am residing now) so i can go peek everyday at the progress. haha.

An update, went up to peek at the progress so far, the tiling for the curb at the door is done, and I am very pleased with the workmanship, looks very nice!! Pictures below:

20140904_215614.jpg

20140904_215703.jpg

Cement base for my curbs in the toilet and kitchen and service yard are up too, but no tiles yet...

20140904_215325.jpg

Was wondering why my cement base for the washing machine is not the full length and texted Kelvin (ID) at 10+pm in the night, as usual he was very prompt to reply me, said that my sliding door would bang into the base if they did the full length as my service yard side was not big enough.

An update on my reno loan:

- STILL have NOT received my new cheques from Maybank! which means, Kelvin (ID) has actually started work and I haven't even paid him a single cent. Very thankful that he is willing to start work even though his payment has been delayed.

• Like 1