Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Doris Chin

Executive Mansionette @ Bukit Gombak

Hi Renotalk users,

I have been reading up and getting tips, so i thought i would also start something. Just bought a corner EM at Bukit Gombak and am waiting for final apointment to get the house keys. Had been having a hassle with HDB/seller to purchase recess area together with the resale transaction but that is now hopefully finally settled!

Here's the original floor plan:

gallery_53647_3_85670.jpg

Awww..nice layout! No odd angles and BIGGG!

looking forward to your reno journey!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I got my keys from the seller's agent (except post box key) during the checking on Sat! Even though 2nd appt is a few days away! Managed to do the "opening ceremony" yesterday.

Today went down to HIPS contractor, seems like the HIPS keeps getting earlier and earlier (was org next year Apr-Jun, then changed to Nov14-Jan15) and now it's (gulp) starting 23Oct14!!

Anyways, managed to change it to Nov14 as i need to put up my wall at recess area and also hack another door for toilet.. seems like its a very good deal, just buy all the accessories and then the contractor will help to install (lights, mirrors, water heaters + shower) on top of the HIPS stuff which will be changed (tiles, wash basin, window, toilet bowl, electrical and inlet/outlet pipes).

Really fast received one set of the horizontal blinds from Korea, lives up to expectations..

Might buy more but am considering the gap between the blinds for bedroom with larger windows.

Checked prices on taobao but if going for the good ones, price looks the same

Edited by DorisChin

The downstairs toilet is really tiny! Going to be a challenge to fit everything in (toilet bowl which i believe is non-movable, sink and also a electric heater).

Might be going for the below PVC items from taobao? If anyone has used before, can you please let me know whether the items are durable and water resistent? I am worried that with constant water being splashed, things might breakdown very quickly!

toiletcabinet-1_zps35040de6.png

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.kDUiYd&id=39141951805&ns=1&abbucket=8#detail

toiletcabinet-2_zpsb20fb4b9.png

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.3.7.jemc6s&scm=1007.10152.2215.i41503814837&id=38890745782&pvid=567abad1-708f-4d44-a244-285cab181206

Been cracking my head about what to put where.. Finally think I have gotten most of stuff planned out to show to ID/contractors for quotation!

Next step is to find a few targets!