Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
peppermean

Ready, Get Set...home!

Since I'm not engaging a interior designer, NO 3D DRAWINGS?!?!... I'm totally fine with it. In order to show what I have in mind, I sketch out rough visuals. I think it facilitates the reno process and reduce mis-communication.

KITCHEN

No top cabinet since I won't be cooking much and save some bucks. But I do have a preference for chimney hood though. And it must be those triangular type. Personally, I feel it gives me a feeling of home, cos I remember when we were kids we always draw house with a triangular roof and YES, with a chimney on top. It just reminds me of 家 (bonus: if Santa ever come to visit through the chimney :P )

15340110142_859c02a595.jpg

MASTER BEDROOM

After heeding the advise of a friend who know fengshuai, the headboard of my bed will be placed towards north but this results in my bed facing the master toilet :bangwall:. To resolve the issue, I have initially wanted to build my full height wardrobe in between my bed and the toilet acting as a divider and since the wardrobe is just outside the toilet, thinking it'll be very convenient for grabbing clothes..haha. BUT, I wasn't totally comfortable with the idea because I only have a 2 panel windows in my Master bedroom. The wardrobe though will end just before the window, it will still block sunlight...mmm :no: .

So I came up with another idea! I'm going to use pole system for the wardrobe, much lesser blockage. I know... I know... it will be messy if I don't tidy my barang barang regularly. So, to hide the untidiness or when I have guests, I should install curtain just in front of the pole system. Can always pull the curtain over when I was sleeping at night or as and when necessary :sport-smiley-018: .

15153714950_b87df5b8f7.jpg

COMMON AND MASTER TOILET

Both toilets are rather small. Need to take note of the sizes of the sanitary wares and accessories in order to fit and have space to manoeuvre. And on top of that, have to take into consideration those big fat pipes which we can't move position at all! Quite tricky on the layout for such small space :jail:

15153886667_c635af95fe.jpg

Nice pics.. You seem to be artistic

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Rather pleased with the workmanship of contractor W on the tilings. Yes, he personally laid the tiles with another worker. Very neat, nicely aligned, am satisfied on the finishings :good: .

More Pics

Common toilet

If you look closer, I have changed the white wall tiles to normal white without the 3D pattern. Guess I still prefer something simpler for a small toilet. Yes...fickle-minded but well well...just have to change it :bleah:

14953139041_18f76d4c88.jpg

Master toilet

So glad that my tb tap & vanity top with mirror has fit nicely. Due to the unique shape of the vanity, I was rather worried whether the plumber will have problem with the pipes but I guess my worry is unfold. Everything is settled 水水 :yeah:. Contractor W has also kindly create a round base to put the vanity top so that it will be lifted higher from the ground preventing water from spoiling it when the floor is wet..YEAH!

15172336108_443c73800c.jpg

14769571710_bff420dc51.jpg

Have also come up with these sketches on kitchen cabinet to discuss with the carpenter.

Honestly, I didn't pay much attention to the interior of kitchen cabinet until now when I need to do my own :~ . So fanatically try to imagine hard of what I want & further discuss with contractor W and carpenter on the practicality and relevancy.

15103945449_a18d05d507.jpg

At first, I was contemplating between these 2 choices:

Option 1 All in the same laminate colour and 1 tier of shelves

14769839060_1000306a8e.jpg

Option 2 With black trimming and 2 tiers of shelves

14956172002_03f981f3db.jpg

Eventually, I went ahead with Option 1. WHY? because with Option 2, we need to cater more allowance for the black trimmings which will in turn make the drawers/compartments smaller. Thinking I need quite a bit of storage space since I do not have a storeroom...yah...for practically sake. Sometimes, I think renovation is about striking a BALANCE between WANTS & NEEDS.

And here's the outcome:

15239210268_14639f94f7.jpg

15104171838_c7aa655a25.jpg

Honestly till today, I still feel like doing my kitchen floor tiles...overlay perhaps??? I do not know whether it's workable to overlay vinyl tiles in the kitchen :dunno: . Any fellow renotalk forumner has done it before?

Eventually, I went ahead with Option 1. WHY? because with Option 2, we need to cater more allowance for the black trimmings which will in turn make the drawers/compartments smaller. Thinking I need quite a bit of storage space since I do not have a storeroom...yah...for practically sake. Sometimes, I think renovation is about striking a BALANCE between WANTS & NEEDS.

And here's the outcome:

15239210268_14639f94f7.jpg

15104171838_c7aa655a25.jpg

Honestly till today, I still feel like doing my kitchen floor tiles...overlay perhaps??? I do not know whether it's workable to overlay vinyl tiles in the kitchen :dunno: . Any fellow renotalk forumner has done it before?

I like the kitchen layout design and laminate choice. Is you kitchen sink ends before the kitchen wall with a gap to access the windows? Maybe you can share the pics from the other end of the kitchen.

I read that a lot of you are buying from Taobao. Seeing the savings and the variety of choices that Taobao offer, I also decide to join the TB gang..heheh :jammin: . But how to do it? The site definitely look overwhelming initially but heck…just have to do it! Luckily, from fellow forumner OceanEleven (Thanks, Ocean!) detailed write up on Taobao purchases, I managed to follow and not killed more brain cells along the way. And this is the 1st purchase (yes, more to come) that I have done before reno begins.

Didnt know you "quoted" me till today. :lol:

Glad that you find the write up useful, simply sharing my "been there, done that."

Sometimes it's not the extra saving from buying direct that matters.

It is the effort and time you invested in that counts.

Taobao : $xxxx, satisfactory : priceless. :sport-smiley-004:

• Like 1

I like the kitchen layout design and laminate choice. Is you kitchen sink ends before the kitchen wall with a gap to access the windows? Maybe you can share the pics from the other end of the kitchen.

Yes aluka, you're right! Behind the sink, there's still space. I've placed the washing machine behind the short wall, thus creating an area like a service yard which I do not have in the first place cos it's an old flat.

15525991601_f3f56130b8_z.jpg

Didnt know you "quoted" me till today. :lol:

Glad that you find the write up useful, simply sharing my "been there, done that."

Sometimes it's not the extra saving from buying direct that matters.

It is the effort and time you invested in that counts.

Taobao : $xxxx, satisfactory : priceless. :sport-smiley-004:

Couldn't have done my tb purchase without reading your write up so 'quoting' you to benefit others as well..hehee :P

Yup, you're right! My sentiment exactly!! :yeah: