Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Wishie

5Rm Bto@greenwalk - Simple & Budget

Kitchen

20140808_200115.jpg

20140808_200121.jpg

Notice that area cut for stove is RIGHT UNDER the switch? When I highlight to my contractor, he say the switch can be relocate away, but will need additional cost as the tiles need to touchup ect. But I told him that it's not right as from the start we already agreed that the stove will not be in that position. It should only start after the switch. He agreed to shift stove more to the right.

Very interested in the digital lock. Saw this promotion online. Anyone using this or any digital lock? Is it good?

10612979_542987112501702_820228630708797

to be continue

Hi,

Thanks for sharing. I am also looking for digital lock. Did you talk to them?

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Kitchen

20140808_200115.jpg

20140808_200121.jpg

Notice that area cut for stove is RIGHT UNDER the switch? When I highlight to my contractor, he say the switch can be relocate away, but will need additional cost as the tiles need to touchup ect. But I told him that it's not right as from the start we already agreed that the stove will not be in that position. It should only start after the switch. He agreed to shift stove more to the right.

Very interested in the digital lock. Saw this promotion online. Anyone using this or any digital lock? Is it good?

to be continue

I am using Yale digital lock..very good. Makes the metal gates sorta redundant. Have been using over a year while my relative have used the same one for over 6 years with no issues at all.

I am unsure of samsung but my general experience with Samsung is that their products are not very lasting. Though its cheaper.

@aluka - Have not talk to them yet. How's your search coming along?

@diva79 - Good to hear that! I'll probably give this promotion a try!

I have the Yale 323G, also installed by An Digital, dealt with Ricky. A nice young man with an attitude to serve.

For the door, I used Samsung 717 which I find it simple and easy to use.

Yale 323G only shortcoming is getting use to opening by remote as we are all used to go to the gate to unlock.

So with the remote, one tends to go to the gate them remembering unlocking is via remote place inside the house.

For safety, no point wall mounting the remote near the gate. Otherwise all is well and easy to use.

@OceanEleven - Thanks for the review. The remote part should be fine with me as I'm using the default gate by HDB and it need to lock and unlock by keys which is even more troublesome.

I've decided to go for this promo. Haven't spoke to them in person, just through watsapp. The attitude is very nice and accommodating. Will update again once they come to install. ^^

Continue

Masterbedroom

Platform laminate up and study table

The study table looks smaller than I anticipated. I wanted it to be longer.. Not sure if this will be able to fit 2 person, we are using desktop.. >.<

20140820_210506.jpg

I'm quite disappointed with the platform laminate.. the joint is very obvious imo.. is this suppose to be normal? ( See below ) The contractor keep saying it will look better once they touch up and it's not nice now because of the dust. But I really doubt so.. the laminate looks so disjointed..

20140820_210328.jpg

20140820_210317.jpg

20140820_210529.jpg

Common Room (Mum's room)

Wardrobe

20140814_192406.jpg

to be continue

Sorry for not being able to update (if anyone is waiting). My computer dies on me and kinda took my time to choose a replacement. Wondering if I should get a laptop instead since my work desk has shrink significantly haha.. anyway here's the updates!

Continue

Masterbedroom

Platform

Here's the touch up product of the the platform. On photo is not so obvious but still you will be able to see the 2 joint where the laminate meets.

20140823_124414.jpg

20140823_124401.jpg

I like the laminate color but not the obvious joint. The other type of laminate that we like is a wooden kind, Not sure if its parquet but seems like something like that. But our contractor say that because of the compartment, it will be difficult to use that wood laminate and give me alot of reasons.

So after much discussion, we've agreed to sealed up the compartment since that's the main reason why we can't change the laminate to wooden kind, and use that to relay.

The result

20140825_195012.jpg

20140825_191547.jpg

Though we have lesser storage space now, but I'm happy with the end result.

Study table done as well

The length is much shorter than I anticipated.. but since it's done, I'm lazy to go through the hassle again, just got to make do with this.

20140825_191450.jpg

Dog Door

Closed - Still looks normal right? Although the laminate doesn't much..

20140821_193919.jpg

Open - FAINT

20140821_193914.jpg

This is the image I show him as a reference
How-to-Install-a-Doggie-Door-in-a-Wall2.

What the **** are they thinking!!? Firstly, it's totally different from my example, next, if my dog can pull open the door, why would I need to make a extra door for her?? And they uses hinges, means it can open 1 way only and need to close yourself!! Apparently my contractor didn't check what his worker did. He was speechless too when he sees this and say he will take it back and ask them to fix. I was quite paranoid by now, and I don't believe that they can do this right, so i frantically went online and search for a dog door. I'm not sure how come I missed this site when I was researching a while back. There's actually a store in SG selling dog door! According to the owner, they are the only one that brings in the door. Although it can be purchased online, I choose to personally went down to the shop to see the actual product. The shop is quite small as they normally just do online orders instead of walk in. The owner is a nice guy, he shows and introduce us his product and advise us which size we should take for our dog.

I bought 2 of these and ask my contractor to install. I'm not sure how they are going to make this looks nice as the hole that they cut is bigger than the door itself.. but he said he can do it.. so.. I can only wait and see..

Link for the online dog door - http://www.singpet.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=1310-1005&eq=&Tp=

Living Room

Dinner area mirror - My "bandage" mirror lol

2014-08-31%2B(5).JPG

TV Console & Shoes Cabinet

SAM_0739.jpg

20140820_211842.jpg

Kitchen

Hob Shift away from switch

20140821_193550.jpg

to be continue

• Like 1

Holy Crap. That's funny!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA the poor worker has no idea what the **** he is doing. Must be thinking "why a mini door as a part of a big door? Singaporeans are weird"

At least now you've got a proper doggy door. OMG. im still laughing.

But I have to say, your contractor's seems like a nice man!

Personally I kind of KIND OF know what I want for the house? mostly IKEA furniture cause first house and low budget. So I am considering a contractor as opposed to an ID (after being badly cheated by Add (+) Space Lifestyle/Design).. Please do PM me your contractor's details? I will probably contact him soon. :) House coming in Feb!

• Like 1

Holy Crap. That's funny!!!

AHAHAHAHAHA the poor worker has no idea what the **** he is doing. Must be thinking "why a mini door as a part of a big door? Singaporeans are weird"

At least now you've got a proper doggy door. OMG. im still laughing.

But I have to say, your contractor's seems like a nice man!

Personally I kind of KIND OF know what I want for the house? mostly IKEA furniture cause first house and low budget. So I am considering a contractor as opposed to an ID (after being badly cheated by Add (+) Space Lifestyle/Design).. Please do PM me your contractor's details? I will probably contact him soon. :) House coming in Feb!

Exactly! The worker must be laughing at me and probably think I lived with smurfs or something..

Keke same. Bought a lot Ikea stuff due to budget restrain.

Oh my.. I thought u haven't got u r keys? How come kana cheated? Contact sent BTW.

Haha the dog door issue is a joke of the year. You didnt ask them to add a door bell too.

Probably need to install handle first.. no handle to pull from inside XD

• Like 1

Hi Wishie,

I like your idea as I am thinking of Budget and Simple reno for my new home too.

Could you kindly send me your reno contractor details please? Thank you.

Sent!

Continue

Masterbedroom

Door is up.. but I just don't understand why they just can't make this right.. does the door in india open this way!? Is that why they install it like this?

20140902_190028.jpg

Although it's installed the wrong way, i'm quite surprise the dog door can fit.. I suspect he change the whole door for me because the original hole they cut is bigger than the dog door itself.

So after amending again, it's finally done right!

20140903_232134.jpg

20140903_232100.jpg

Can't wait to let my dog try~ ^.^

Wardrobe

New door laminate up

SAM_0752.jpg

Kitchen

Fridge in!

20140903_232638.jpg