Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
singamas

Back To City Fringe Living

Hi to all the renotalk followers, this is your neewbie reporting :sport-smiley-018: .

After reading countless reno journal of many, I decided to have mine as well. Most of the topics here are the new/resale Hdb apartments.
The one I bought was a resale condo. Unfortunately there weren't many condo renovation could be found here. So I would like to share mine. The last renovation I did was way too long ago, there are so much too learn and I do gain a lot of knowledge from this forum,

The resale unit is less than 10 years old. My major renovation will be
1) the kitchen: demolish existing floor tiles, cabinets, install 21ft cabinet with compact plus and backing glass
2) common bathroom, demolish existing floor/wall tiles
3) the third toilet inside the yard, demolish the wall connecting to common bathroom. The extra space will become the shower area.
4) Built in wardrobe for all 3 bedrooms
5) Full height shoes cabinet near entrance
6) install tinted mirror at dinning area
7) 8 x 6ft feature wall **** hall
8) install vanity cabinets in 2 bathrooms and solid surface vanity top
9) revanish existing parquet flooring in 3 bedrooms
10) repolish marble at master bathroom and hall, plus bufer existing marble wall at master bathroom
11) to construct design L-box and false ceiling / cove light at dining area and living
12) painting

This is my floor plan

e807da11-2f16-4836-b03b-7a1a9ce7e249_zps
wonder if any one know how to place the photo directly on the post from photobucket :(:jail:

And believe it or not. I had chosen my floor and wall tiles at HAFARY but yet to receive my 3D drawing from my so call ID. By the way, we didn't choose him in the firt place. Since we have a tight budget after contributing ABSD (no thanks to the property cooling measure), our initial planning was to hire a contractor for the job.

Unfortunately, during our visit to one of the reno show at expo. We were approach by many ID firm and this lady from I-XXXXXX really click wth us. We lost our head and signed with the ID firm and placed a deposit of 3K. She did appeal at our first discussion and introduce a senior ID whom she said she was helping. After that,,,,,,,,,,
she was MIA. But I had to admit she is very rsponsive in answering all our call/what-app and follow up the issues. But we have no chemistry with the senior ID at all.
But due to our busy work commitments and hope to get everything done by mid- NOV. We decided to continue with that same ID firm.

The first quote he gave us ,,,,,mind you was sky high at $39k, we told him we want out. He promply came back with a lower quote of $30k. after few round of add this minus that , the final quote is $34k ++ including GST but excluding all the wash basin, water closets....etc

Edited by singamas

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

A Hitachi side by side fridge .....finally.....one that is big enough to keep all the junk food....

r-s700p2ms-gbk.jpg

And a blanco metra 9 sink, still thinking whether to do a undermount or top mount ?? :wacko:

blanco-metra-9-513273_4947221.jpg

how much is the Kuka sofa ? and also the blanco metra 9?

we are also thinking of getting the metra 9 too

The sofa $2300.

The sink come with a mixer as a package $578

• Like 1

some pictures before the hacking tomorro

the kitchen

20141001_1848081_zps3573e3ec.jpg

the common bath

20141001_1849071_zps93a61e7a.jpg

The master bathroom vanity will be replace and the marble wall and floor to be polish

20141001_1853271_zps7eff27ea.jpg

Might need to replace the shower screen

20141001_1853411_zps194b0463.jpg

All the bedrooms are basically empty , need to revanish the parquet flooring before the built in wardrobe came in

20141001_1848411_zps32f11a39.jpg

and the living room marble flooring too

20141001_1911221_zps803a6ee1.jpg

Edited by singamas

the sofa looks gd.

the waiting time is 3 mths ??

OMG, we are shifting in this month, yet to start looking at sofas :help:8|

Not all have to wait that long, some are pretty fast if they have the ready stock