Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hazelline

Our New Home (Wood & White Maybe Scandinavian?)

We finally settled most of our furnitures after weeks of shopping..

This is our sofa from knock knock and the fabric choice is light grey with pillows in blue..we customise it to be slightly longer though..

gallery_63855_546_40959.jpg

gallery_63855_546_88674.jpg

And this is the completed look of my brick wall..loving it to bits..

gallery_63855_546_87256.jpg

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We also gotten the tv console and coffee table and study chairs from Star Living..the tv console is really so tough to find..this wasnt our favourite piece but this is best we can get within our budget haha...

gallery_63855_546_51535.jpg

gallery_63855_546_8441.jpg

gallery_63855_546_7273.jpg

Here's some update on my house..everything is done currently except for our carpentry..

Anyway I have to complain on something..my contractor doesnt update us on the status and its my hub who always went down to the house to find out what has been done etc..I saw on t-blog that most ID always update their clients with photo etc..thats like quite nice..unlike mine..

But having said that..my contractor did everything according to the schedule he promised us and we are satisfied with the work that has done so far..so..I try not to demand too much I guess.. :P

The lighting are up as shown

gallery_63855_546_20450.jpg

We also bought quite a few stuff from Taobao..bought some bathroom and kitchen accessories and some carpets..our first batch of item arrive safely so we bought a few more stuff in the recent 1111 sale...(we didnt dare to buy big ticket items so only bought these small small stuff from taobao)

gallery_63855_546_47956.jpg

Really excited on how things will turn out especially on the carpentry..worried of the quality and the laminates we choose..hope we made right choices on the type of laminates..haha..

My room color (which gave me a shock as its more intensified than what I prefer) But decided not to repaint it as we need to top up money if we want to change it..sigh...

gallery_63855_546_36008.jpg

Edited by hazelline

Hi, you can paste 3M safety film on the glass. So even if the glass shatters, the 3M film will hold it in place. The film is "invisible". I have them on my balcony glass doors.

Oops...missed out on ur comment..I didn't know got such film...but in the end we didn't choose glass...

Our contractor told us that if we change the display cabinet from glass to the one we want..there will be increase in cost as it's more complicated to do the design..not sure if this is true..but he say he will waive it for us..haha initially we still thought of asking them if there will be reduction in pricing lo..

Went to check out my house yesterday and saw the carpentry is up already..but probably still need some minor touch up to it..kinda happy to see things going well so far and lucky we are happy with the laminates we chose for the carpentry...its so tough to choose laminates lo...here are the pics..

gallery_63855_546_24131.jpg

My shoe cabinet

gallery_63855_546_57796.jpg

gallery_63855_546_94886.jpg

My divider separating living area and study area

gallery_63855_546_44992.jpg

My MBR

gallery_63855_546_43174.jpg

My bedroom 2 wardrobe

gallery_63855_546_17194.jpg

My MBR bathroom cabinet

gallery_63855_546_34992.jpg

Kitchen cabinet..I didnt upload the other side..as its just the bottom cabinet..

Wow, I'm really impressed with your carpentry on how t turned out. Looks great!

The display cabinet turned out well together with your living room divider. :)

Good job and I can see your home is turning out sweet!

Wow, I'm really impressed with your carpentry on how t turned out. Looks great!

The display cabinet turned out well together with your living room divider. :)

Good job and I can see your home is turning out sweet!

Thank you so much...I am really happy the divider turns out to be what we imagined..lucky us..but hopefully they will touch up the carpentry because there are some edges that are still pretty rough..