Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Vilz

Inconsistent Broadband Speed (Need Help)

Hi there,

I have just shifted into my new place and I have gotten my ID to change all the faceplate of the telephone lines to become data ports and also added 1 more point in my MBR.

I was testing my LAN speed at all LAN points and it was able to hit the optimal speed of 300mbps. However, the additional socket was only able to hit 99mbps regardless how many times I've tried..

Have anyone face such issues before?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

DF

Edited by Vilz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there,

I have just shifted into my new place and I have gotten my ID to change all the faceplate of the telephone lines to become data ports and also added 1 more point in my MBR.

I was testing my LAN speed at all LAN points and it was able to hit the optimal speed of 300mbps. However, the additional socket was only able to hit 99mbps regardless how many times I've tried..

Have anyone face such issues before?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

DF

I understand that the new unit phone ports are all built in the wall and able to convert to lan port as they are all using CAT 6 cables. (therefore you are able to achieved Speed >100mbps for those port after conversion). However for the newly added port not achieving 100mbps could be due to the following reason. 1. The addition cable used is not Cat 5e and above. 2. The extra port conversion is not done properly such that some wires is loose or not connect properly.

another examples of not able to reach >100mbps is that the port is shared with a phone port beside it. meaning >>>> [original phone port] ----> [Lan]+[Phone].