Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lian Goh

Future Home - 4S Hougang

Finally!

After few months of viewing, researching, negotiating and WAITING, we did our 1st appointment on Friday (24/10).

We prefer 4-rooms than 3-rooms, but we have limited budget. And we think it's taking too long for us to wait for the BTO.

So, we can only buy resale and not those nearer to MRT station.

Luckily, the current market is so-called "Buyer Market" and there is no COV needed.

It's a 30+ year old HDB. Located at highest floor and next to corner unit. We love it from the 1st sight. LOL.

Now, it's time for me to do more homeworks on how should I reno my future home with limited budget.

gallery_62991_554_32629.jpg

After gathering some information and ideas from 2 of my friends that are currently staying in the same size and layout 4S, we decided to do it as per below.

Living Room

• The current floor is so old school. We know we can save a few K if we keep it, but we just can't take it. So the floor has to go and change it to homogenous tile.
  • Shoe cabinet + storage behind the main door. The store room is already hacked (we are not intended to keep it anyway), so we will need more storage to keep those bulky stuff
  • Hacking the kitchen entrance and push it in (around 3 ft). Will be installing a 4-pcs temper glass sliding door. The living room will be seems bigger and that area for will be our new dining area.
  • No false ceiling will be done as we are trying to save the money for more storage.

Master Bedroom

• Flooring will be overlaid to save cost.
  • Built-in wardrobe (around 6 ft)

Bedroom 2

• Flooring will be overlaid
  • Hacking the wall between the room and bathroom to make an entrance. I will have another master bedroom. LOL

Bedroom 3

• Flooring will be overlaid
  • Nothing much will be done as this will be my study room/entertainment room

Master Toilet

• Wall and floor tiles will be removed and replace with new tiles
  • L-shape shower screen will be installed

Main Toilet

Kitchen

• The cabinet will be installed for both sides of the kitchen. Both friends are recommending to make more storage and we foresee we will have a lot of stuff too. The only concern that we have now is, not sure the kitchen will look cramp with both sides of full height cabinet installed.
  • Gas pipe will be installed as it's currently using the gas tank. Don't want to waste the place to keep the gas tank.

Wiring

• All wiring will need to replace

Plumbing

• Same as wiring, all plumbing have to be replaced
Edited by LianGoh

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hello lian goh! I am Stan, search me in your friend list and u will probably know who I am.. haha

Anyway nice resale flat u have, the layout now is almost non-existence in new bto flats... hahah... if you got any doubts for renovating your new home, let me know maybe I can share my experience with you.. I am currently doing my reno and almost completing :)

jiayou!

hello lian goh! I am Stan, search me in your friend list and u will probably know who I am.. haha

Anyway nice resale flat u have, the layout now is almost non-existence in new bto flats... hahah... if you got any doubts for renovating your new home, let me know maybe I can share my experience with you.. I am currently doing my reno and almost completing :)

jiayou!

haha, i know who you are...

Gonna learn alot from you. guess i will be buying alot from Taobao too...

share me your experience ya...

Was searching around for ID since we paid our deposit to the seller. Read a lot from Renotalk.

Visited to Expo as well as there were some interior and furniture fair over there.

Received few quotes from different ID.

Basing on my requirement, most of them is quoting me more than $40k+ (p/s: it's only 20ft kitchen cabinet installed).

After talking to few IDs, we have the basic design and layout of our home.

We hope we can complete everything in $35k, so we decided to get a contractor for our reno.

So, here's the design i had in my mind. With the help of the online tool, I'm able to illustrate it out.

I guess we can communicate better by showing the drawing to the contractor.

gallery_62991_554_58454.jpg

gallery_62991_554_4359.jpg

gallery_62991_554_269.jpg