Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Takaishi

Pastel Scandinavian Home

Nice. Good luck with the renovation. Finally found somebody who is doing with Thom Signature Design.

I also find it odd why no one posted they are doing reno with them lol.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ok! Quote is adjusted to 24k~ before electrical.

Basically we took out brick wall package, leave the door alone at svc yard and decided to forgo a shoe cabinet divider.

Replaced with a full height wall divider, another vanity and solid top, overlay flooring for mbr and bedroom beside, flush mbr wall, aircon boxup, extended kitchen cabinet top and bottom, extended kompactplus top and backsplash, painting of skirtings, shower screen for mbr.

By the looks of it I am certain it'll overshot initial budget... But I have faith in the decisions we make and hope things turn out for the better.

Reno permit submitted and pending approval! Defects gonna be ready in a week's time and we are good to go!

Pastel Scandinavian! Smth I've yet to see anyone did it. I am secretly hoping it'll be smth really unique and kickstart the trend moving forward!

So far so good, ID is always looking at ways not to increase cost for us but only do so if really necessary to suit the theme!

Hi,

May i know where you got your TV console and clock and how much did you paid for them? They look awesome!

Thanks.

Hey tv console is from gradunkt, line tv console. Actual pics you can see by searching this forum. 3.xk I bought.

Clock was from taobao... 38 bucks! You could also buy e same from Muji... Looks exactly e same lol

those who are interested in the dresser, beanbag, etc.. can get it here:

http://ziin.taobao.com/index.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w5002-3017860190.2.fod8Cc

those who are interested in the dinning set, you can get it less than $500 for a bench, 2 chairs & the dinning table.

i saw it at century sq, inside best denki.

they had allocate part of their electronic shop to a furniture shop

• Like 1

Ok! Quote is adjusted to 24k~ before electrical.

Basically we took out brick wall package, leave the door alone at svc yard and decided to forgo a shoe cabinet divider.

Replaced with a full height wall divider, another vanity and solid top, overlay flooring for mbr and bedroom beside, flush mbr wall, aircon boxup, extended kitchen cabinet top and bottom, extended kompactplus top and backsplash, painting of skirtings, shower screen for mbr.

By the looks of it I am certain it'll overshot initial budget... But I have faith in the decisions we make and hope things turn out for the better.

Reno permit submitted and pending approval! Defects gonna be ready in a week's time and we are good to go!

Pastel Scandinavian! Smth I've yet to see anyone did it. I am secretly hoping it'll be smth really unique and kickstart the trend moving forward!

So far so good, ID is always looking at ways not to increase cost for us but only do so if really necessary to suit the theme!

Good luck with getting the approval! Can you let us know how long it took for HDB to approve?

I really like that ethnicraft bed as well, but it's out of my budget :( Gonna make do with an ikea bed frame...

Good luck with getting the approval! Can you let us know how long it took for HDB to approve?

I really like that ethnicraft bed as well, but it's out of my budget :( Gonna make do with an ikea bed frame...

It was first at first sight that bed frame! Sturdy and should be able to last for many many years!

As for the approval, the hacking approval only takes 2 days to be approved :S Rest of the reno i believe is to be submitted again one.

-----

Purchases @ Heritage

We went heritage @ geylang to purchase most of our toilet stuff. Basically we bought 2 basin sinks, 2 bidet sprays, 1 basin tap, 1 kitchen sink, 1 rain shower (half, no mixer), 2 stoppers for basin tap, 1 joven 25L water heater (save water label), 1 kitchen mixer. Spent a total of around 1.5k there.

I'm pretty surprised peeps complaining about their service but i find "Irene" being very friendly there. Even Yuki, the much maligned staff there was friendly too! I suppose it might be peeps not able to take the 'informal style' of the shop which is something i like. I don't wish to have a 'retailer-customer' relationship i don't quite like that. I prefer abit of informal style to it.

Purchase @ Ethnicraft

We have a problem trying to confirm our coffee table. From the lucy table @ Comfort to Ikea's coffee table, we are trying to hold out a decent coffee table.

Ethnicraft recently launched a new series and they are quite affordable! We saw the coffee table on show and decided to jump on it!

up_turtle_table_-_yellow_-_agate_grey_-_

We are getting the medium option!

-----

Purchases through Zero @ Renotalk

We decided to purchase the rest of our applainces through Zero @ Renotalk. We have been contacting him for a while and find great reviews about him and his services in renotalk. As such we decided to give it a try. As noob owners, we asked him for recommendations and through his recommendations, we believe these products are the most popular and reliable products purchased by consumers.

Relite fan - 48inch (and installation)

Hitachi 395L Refrigerator RV480P3MS

Samsung WW70H5200EW

-----

Purchases @ Philip Sale

We went forth to Philip Sale and purchased a Air Fryer! It was $249 for white, digital version (not the XL one) and comes with free blender and other freebies as well! We went at 9am and there was no queue, thank God! In addition we get 2x bulbs for dining and kitchen! LED ones.

10626402_10154924231845565_3278337946569

Purchases @ Ikea HK

We went forth to buy the shower curtains, clocks, shower rings and cushion covers there after comparing the prices locally and realised its way cheaper! Wished we could get the rods and mirrors but well, as we are on a trip, its almost impossible to lug them back haha!

1939886_10154924231835565_12187322296963

Purchases @ Homeless HK

We purchased the following signages for toilet doors and decorative toilet paper roller from Homeless HK. The toilet paper roller will not be installed in toilets! It will be done up as a decorative feature near the dining table :D

10344427_10154924231850565_9145649038459

10644557_10154924231840565_3416233741073

Renovation updates

Almost all my stuffs are ready and we cant wait for the hacking to believe. Just a wall anyway. Should be fast. Though ID warn me the renovation could take 6-8 weeks, I have communicated firmly i want the house to be ready 2 weeks before CNY. I hope she could deliver on that, rather hope is a generous word. I believe there's more than ample time in view of peak period to get my renovation done by then, it ain't as if we are doing some dua zhong stuff!

Our layout has since finalised and we are sourcing for curtains. Totally dismayed by our huge windows and blinds cost alot cos of that :( Anybody with decent recommendations? We are trying out MGL, Fabulous and a few others not so prominent one, including our ID's recommendation. Thanks all!

I did my blinds with Kah Huat (tel : 6744 0138). Made 2 blackout blinds (I chose the most basic fabric for this) for 2 bedroom and 2 more in another fabric for 1 bedroom and living room. Costs me $980.00. Everything was done in 2 weeks. :)