Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hello all, my first ever post, also the first home we have ever purchased. Am posting this first before trying out the "request for quote" feature of the site as i really am trying to avoid ppl calling me up when i am at work (+ having to explain to each caller what i want). So just wondering if anyone here can help out with a rough guesstimation of costs or if anyone out there is able to provide a quote based on our requirements.

First and foremost, this build will have to be dictated by budget as we don't really want to spend too much.

Here is our original floorplan. It's a 2 bedroom condo groundfloor apartment.

tanameracrest_standard.jpg

In red are the walls i'd like to remove (which also means i need to relocate the DB box if that's possible) False ceilings to be hacked away also.

tanameracrest_walls.jpg

And this is the proposed new layout i'd like (if budget wasn't a concern)

tanameracrest_edit_04.jpg

The most important for us will be the work needed for the kitchen and toilets. The kitchen walls to be hacked away and to have an island to house the cooker as well as dining space. There is strangely a 3rd toilet in the yard. The proposal is to seal up the toilet entrance from the yard and to remove the wall that joins it to the common toilet, with a sliding door in place. The common toilet to be sealed up and to create a small walk-in-wardrobe area. I will not be needing shower facilities for the common toilet.

The walls around bedroom 2 (or study), to be removed and to install either wire mesh grilles or black framed windows as a divider for just 1 side. (black thin lines behind couch) . Full height shelving (we have a somewhat decent height) for one of the study walls (+ ladder)

Flooring we would like to have cement screed-look-alike homo floor tiles.

Walls will be painted basic white with a wooden baseboard, ceilings to be white as well.

To install polycarbonate awning (trellis) in patio. Wooden decking for patio also.

Lights will be black track lights mostly and to have relite black fans in living room and study. (And if possible, the patio also)

Airconditioning to be a 3 unit split for living room / masterbedroom / study

Edited by louiss

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Some references for the living room divider

Wire mesh:
6576a92d_original.jpg

Framed window dividers (minus the glass door)
2014-03-04002539_zpsfdfe206e.jpg

Or maybe non-black glass divider

11627-boxid-studio-photo-9-9.jpg

shelving for study

DOC060814-0k001.jpeg

21107.jpg

Lights / Fan (we won't mind exposed wiring trunking (painted black as usual) as well if it allows for a cheaper build / slightly higher ceiling)

black-casing-living.jpg

24427.jpg

Hopefully can get some help / quotations with these basic guidelines. Thanks! (Or what can be done on various budget ranges)

Just read your post.

I had my condo unit done up with an outdoor trellis as well. Works included hacking and re-tiling of my Living, Kitchen, Bathrooms and patio.

Engaged an ID from Spazio Interior Elements named Vic.

Professional and Splendid guy who amazed me with his on-the-spot sketches and space planning skills.

Reasonable quote ( designer's touch with contractor's price- he always mentions this to us whenever we met him )

Handed over with few days to spare for final cleaning before we moved in

Overall i would rate 7 or 8 upon 10

PM me for his contact if you would like to consider his services.

PS.. Im not advertising for him. just recommending. ( promised him that i will recommend and intro my friends to him. haha )