Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
taraya

Mirror At Dining Area

Please kindly help to advise how I should put a mirror area the dining area...

The housing agent keep telling my future MIL that have to put a mirror at the dining area for feng shui purpose. But the only wall at the dining area is facing the main entrance which the housing agent once again said mirror shouldn't facing the main entrance.

if i put the mirror away from the main entrance, but from the mirror Im still able to see the reflection of the main entrance is it ok?

please kindly help..

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Please kindly help to advise how I should put a mirror area the dining area...

The housing agent keep telling my future MIL that have to put a mirror at the dining area for feng shui purpose. But the only wall at the dining area is facing the main entrance which the housing agent once again said mirror shouldn't facing the main entrance.

if i put the mirror away from the main entrance, but from the mirror Im still able to see the reflection of the main entrance is it ok?

please kindly help..

Agent know a bit of feng shui not surprising but advise your MIL???.....aiyo.... you better find a fsm loh. Mirror face main door, don't know leh, got good stars at the door can liaozzzz

Need no fsm to tell if need mirror at entrance.

Your heart and soul tell.

Put one and try - heart out from mouth and soul off the body when you are not 'ready' to see another you.

I've 10x5ft (WxH) mirror along side rectangular solid-teak dining table - never see the food 'doubled' by itself - i need fork out $ to pay for 'double' food.

But it makes the space 'brighter'

agent is just agent ...their skills is house selling.

fsm is fsm - their skill is fengshui.

Therefore choose the right people to answer mirror issue. Or maybe with mirror, u will look good when u go out to work.

Housing agents best armed with fs knowledge, skill and experience. This goes without saying.

Of course not those 'hear and say' fs stuff.

Definitely help push their career to next height.

I've no said mirror installed in my HDB flat, from primary market. Lift and staircase near main entrance. Entrance faced a 3-ft wide pillar,about 1.5 meter away. Got 2 x '4' in block and unit numbers. Some people visited said fs no good.

Dining table in L-shape walls. Children born there. Career moved north-east. After 13 years, unit sold (unit was sought after, not I seek to sell) at 3.61 times of original buying price. Then moved to 3-bed rm condo. Sold away after 3.5 years of stay with 1.34 times of original price.

Installed a 12 ft half-height mirror (no joint) along side wall, about 4 meters after entrance. Dining table, again, in a L-shaped walls, diagonally facing the mirror. Entrance is facing the semi-circle balcony. Original intention was to 'borrow' natural light from balcony to the hall, as well as the 'walk way' to the rooms. Siblings, relatives, visitors...all said the mirror 'very good'. Some agents (co-broke), as I appointed exclusive agent for selling, almost each time compliment the mirror to their clients. BUT, they saw only one side of the story. We have experiences getting 'shock', during mid-night without light, walked out from rooms and saw 'another me' in the mirror when 'not prepared'.

Moved to a resale HDB. Also installed mirror - 10x5 ft, same intention - 'borrow light', but 'smarter' this round.

The dining table in semi-U walls, mirror directly on the wall, dining table next to it. This time no more 'shocking' experience.

Edited by bepgof