Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CBurns

Lighting In General

Hello there,

I wanted to ask you, what you prefer when it comes to lighting? Do you rather like recessed lighting or chandeliers? I like to think that chandeliers are pretty impressive and do a fine job of lighting up the place, but sometimes they can come across as a bit conservative. Recessed lighting on the other hand is rather minimalist and modern, but it is sometimes plain boring.

What do you think?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Chandelier for a much more classy and posh look? Best to get something that fits into the theme. Otherwise it will look out of place. With the recessed lighing you will need false ceiling as well so maybe you can design your false ceiling so it won't look so boring.

i think there should be a mixture of lightings. I learn from this lighting shop that you have to deal with function before aesthetics.
wise words from Likelights.
In my opinion, Chandeliers/ pendant lamps is a must for dining area while the rest can be concealed.

I don't think you should limit yourself to only those two options. What about standing or table lamps for a more homely feel? Track lights for the art gallery feel? It really depends on the sort of look you want to achieve - whether yellow or white light, to provide general lighting or spotlight on a feature wall, etc. I agree that pendant lights can work well for a dining area because it gives you the illusion of height and also allows you to play with texture and colour. I would plan my spaces first and decide on what I want to do with each area, then plan the types of lights to go with it. For me, white lights are a no-no because they are soo depressing.

Fa,

thisbtotrendmustdie.wordpress.com

I agree with zngmybto. Lighting plays a very important role in home and shouldn't limit your creativity. If your home theme allows, you can consider using track light, downlight, wall lamp, pendant lamp, standing lamp and table lamp. But take note that too many lighting will overkill the ambience you want to create.

F.O.P

read this article that could be a good info.

the 5 lighting tips is quite useful!

11196349_888360117867755_811026680279742

Edited by belysa57