Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
faustinet3

Fengshui Or Not To Fengshui? -- New Resale Flat - Reno + Movein

Hi everyone,

We are not staunch believers of fengshui, somemore no recommendations from friends, its very hard to qualify if that particular FSM we hire is good for us. Its a few hundred $$$ for the audit...

So how do you actually qualify before hiring a FSM?

I have read that for our Kua number, certain facings are good and should activate those facings / directions -- but that is based on personal kua 4.

Do you think its necessary to engage an FSM?

And House Kua vs Personal Kua... how to use together?

For our new house, its Facing East, Sitting West, Main Door located in West -- unit is on 10th floor -- so use the most windows / balcony as the facing. (I read somewhere -- its not so good for Kua 4??, but we quite like the place)

Kindly advise, dear experts! LOL

Regards

Faustine

Edited by faustinet3

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Since you are not so staunch in FS, but why so staunch in Kua? And believe that it has to do with FS?

Let me tell you here that Kua system is merely a mathematic game, similar to sudoku.

Forget about fsms who practice KUA. They are good at manipulating figures!

U should have asked why Kua got to do with:

1. Gregorian year and not other calender years? Why not involve mm/dd/tt?

2. 0-9, why not other numerical systems like 0-1, 0-8, 0-15.....

3. Don't you know this calculation method ends up a same person with completely different direction when he is in northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere?

4. What has the yyyy relates to only residential direction, what about his schools, his working building.....??

5. Too many to be questioned about

It was an 'extension' of the '八宅風水' - the 'hockkian fs'. Sorry, it is 口水 not 风水.Slip service. .

A mathematical game here - Malaysia 'Huat Huat Huat Huat' in 2014, why?

370+17+8501 = 8888!

It should be suay suay suay, crisis one by one. The 8888, flooding, oil price slide (oil businesses contribute 1/3 of total federal government revenue), MYR2 billion debts default.....MYR exchange rate sure down down down.

Edited by bepgof

Thanks for your clarifications!

Haha, cos all I can understand is about the Personal Kua, and the favourable vs unfavourable directions for this kua.

Other items, no time to go read yet.

All I know is for Personal Kua, can be practiced in each room --- placement of objects in the favourable directions to activate.

IF House Gua don't match the Personal Kua person, then the house no good? Kua 4 supposed to be N facing S sitting house for best effect. But what we bought now is E Facing, W sitting house.

(Externally the view on the facing side is very good -- view of Flyover of Expressway + Condo buildings in the far far distant, no bad omen like Petrol stations -- 火煞 )

Since you are not so staunch in FS, but why so staunch in Kua? And believe that it has to do with FS?

Let me tell you here that Kua system is merely a mathematic game, similar to sudoku.

Forget about fsms who practice KUA. They are good at manipulating figures!

U should have asked why Kua got to do with:

3. Don't you know this calculation method ends up a same person with completely different direction when he is in northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere?

4. What has the yyyy relates to only residential direction, what about his schools, his working building.....??

It was an 'extension' of the '八宅風水' - the 'hockkian fs'. Sorry, it is 口水 not 风水.Slip service. .

A mathematical game here - Malaysia 'Huat Huat Huat Huat' in 2014, why?

370+17+8501 = 8888!

It should be suay suay suay, crisis one by one. The 8888, flooding, oil price slide (oil businesses contribute 1/3 of total federal government revenue), MYR2 billion debts default.....MYR exchange rate sure down down down.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tutyzx547q54ku8/24jieqi2012.xlsx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/db9jt51xp2iv866/%E4%BA%8C%E5%8D%81%E5%9B%9B%E8%8A%82%E6%B0%94.doc?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yz4pnq2descdzh/BAMA.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wriwf308qaj3c33/Heavenly-Mathematics-Week-10.ppt?dl=0

Don't know never mind -learning is a endless process, applying the objective truths are important - failing which cause you 'a bomb' - "dying by don't know how you die'

The sunlight, wind, rain are the three key natural issues dealing with residential unless ones stay underground with artificial lighting, forced air, rain is not so much of a concern as long as the underground not get flooded.

We're a bit 'lucky' in Singapore(1 deg N) so the sun moves 'up & down' - view from earth - meaning sun rises from east, goes to our top, then sets in the west, however, with only 48 deg variation. So we can choose a 'fixed' residential with door/windows directions to avoid/welcome rising and setting sunlight. Unlike Beijing (46 degN) and Sydney (46 deg S) the sun movement is not so much 'up & down' but 'left & right' - slowly download the articles, read and digest.

Personally, I prefer to have morning sunlight to go into my house and do not mind 'a little bit' of evening sunlight to go through windows or main door. This determines HOW I choose the FACING of DOOR and WINDOWS.

Ones has to understand various directions of 'wind blow' throughout the year in where he stays so he choose the FACING of DOOR and WINDOWS to enjoy the natural wind. Of course, these days he can enjoy FORCED air by electric fan and aircon by hack caring the directions of door and windows.

Personally,I prefer to have morning sunlight through windows, to have N-S windows facing. No direct evening sun through windows.

I have enough encounters with flooding, I avoid flooding-prone areas.

Of course, I like 'good view', i like 'good neighbour'( Can I choose??), i like 'convenient' place.....

All these are my 'parameters' of the equation of choosing a good house, what about yours? 1+2+3+....=8888 or what NESW ?

Edited by bepgof

• Like 1

Thanks!

You very chim leh...

Ok, our new place, Morning sun will shine into the windows of all rooms and hall -- but seems that afternoon sun will not come in at all... so it will be a bit dark -- especially the design of the unit is as such that above the balcony there's a roof ledge protruding (top floor), thus blocking the sun --- maybe from noon onwards ?

So you don't see the House's Kua -- whether to fit our Personal Gua? LOL I'm very much confused in this...

We viewed quite a number of houses already, some with N-S facing but sadly for some... Master Bed Room wall kenna west sun, which is no good.....

My parameters :

As long as no 煞气! Afternoon sun don't shine into the hall / bedrooms -- no west sun heating up my masterbed room wall.

I would have very much like a house with N-S facing but it has to be with East Rooms (I don't mind morning sun shining onto the wall of the masterbed room), however no luck finding such a house, so had to settle with the current one we got with East Facing / West Sitting (Balcony and 3 rooms' windows -- all facing East, Kitchen and maindoor facing / located West).

Will take a look at those articles in your dropbox!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tutyzx547q54ku8/24jieqi2012.xlsx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/db9jt51xp2iv866/%E4%BA%8C%E5%8D%81%E5%9B%9B%E8%8A%82%E6%B0%94.doc?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yz4pnq2descdzh/BAMA.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wriwf308qaj3c33/Heavenly-Mathematics-Week-10.ppt?dl=0

Don't know never mind -learning is a endless process, applying the objective truths are important - failing which cause you 'a bomb' - "dying by don't know how you die'

The sunlight, wind, rain are the three key natural issues dealing with residential unless ones stay underground with artificial lighting, forced air, rain is not so much of a concern as long as the underground not get flooded.

We're a bit 'lucky' in Singapore(1 deg N) so the sun moves 'up & down' - view from earth - meaning sun rises from east, goes to our top, then sets in the west, however, with only 48 deg variation. So we can choose a 'fixed' residential with door/windows directions to avoid/welcome rising and setting sunlight. Unlike Beijing (46 degN) and Sydney (46 deg S) the sun movement is not so much 'up & down' but 'left & right' - slowly download the articles, read and digest.

Personally, I prefer to have morning sunlight to go into my house and do not mind 'a little bit' of evening sunlight to go through windows or main door. This determines HOW I choose the FACING of DOOR and WINDOWS.

Ones has to understand various directions of 'wind blow' throughout the year in where he stays so he choose the FACING of DOOR and WINDOWS to enjoy the natural wind. Of course, these days he can enjoy FORCED air by electric fan and aircon by hack caring the directions of door and windows.

Personally,I prefer to have morning sunlight through windows, to have N-S windows facing. No direct evening sun through windows.

I have enough encounters with flooding, I avoid flooding-prone areas.

Of course, I like 'good view', i like 'good neighbour'( Can I choose??), i like 'convenient' place.....

All these are my 'parameters' of the equation of choosing a good house, what about yours? 1+2+3+....=8888 or what NESW ?

Dear both,

Very interesting to see your discussions. Thanks for the sharing. Can I take part in as well? as the atmosphere is open, maybe it’s no harm have more voices.

Fengshui’s been carried forward for more than 3 thousand years since it’s originally created. Lots modern things like magnetic, radio, computer etc didn’t exist in ancient times, and vice versa. Fengshui theory is being updated, even slowly, to fit modern society.

But if it’s still useful for modern life, or even worthy to think about? I would say yes, only when Fengshui is being measured in a scientific, logical and modern way. Which means, if I firmly believe it when you told me I will get rich once I put a frog statue (金钱蛙) here and there, I am crazy.

Fengshui is nothing but only about the harmonized environment containing human, that’s you and me, and the surroundings. Straight forward examples, 1. would you live next to casket? 2. A big mirror directly face your bed, so every morning the first thing when you get up to see is your or your partner’s own face. How do you feel?

To Mr. bepgof’s:

The year recording way when Fengshui was created was lunar, before calendar year recording appeared. Yyyy mm/dd/tt all can be converted into traditional Chinese way. Like today 12th Feb 2015 08:00am, it’s 乙未 戊寅 己未 戊辰 and every letters of them has a meaning in Fengshui way, if you want.

八卦,Ba KUA (not Bee Cheng Hiang that one) normally understood to have 8 segments but actually the middle segment represent 0,5 which means when we need to consider numbers 5, 10, 15, 20 etc, it falls in the middle. The 8 segments represents 1~9 individually so Ba KUA covers all numbers. 1, 11, 111, 21 is taken as “1” and so on.

The environment when Fengshui originally created was in northern hemisphere. There are ongoing studies and practices on Fengshui applications in southern hemisphere. You may want to discuss more on specific cases.

In short here, the yyyy normally and mainly represents the grand king, 太岁. So every year is different and direction has impact on human depending you his/her location.

Allow me save typing here…

Edited by thingstodo

Was explaining the 'kua number' is merely a mathematical game or child play for killing boring time but not for decision making as to residential directions.

There are simply too many numerical systems in this world, anyway, all created by human.

The 10 heaven stem (10 unique chinese character) and 12 earthy branch(12 unique chinese characters) were 2 unique Chinese numerical systems first ORIGINALLY invented and adopted in the Lunar Calendar(by right should be named solar-lunar calendar, because it tracks the Sun and Moon movements together with respect to Earth's) architecture construction. The combination of both system make possible 60 sets.

The 60 sets are incorporate into the year, month, day and hour structure in the so called 'Bazi' system. That is why i often said, bazi can calculate up to 60 years(一甲子) ONLY then it 'repeat' from 'beginning'. What happen if one lives more than 60 year old? - based on this premise one can 'imagine' the 'credibility' of bazi system.!

Gregorian year also called 'christian year' - since birth of Jesus Christ....... why like that? Read history please. What's the implication of 'Kua' calculation method following Gregorian year? What has the chinese house directions to do with the ang moh year? What constitutes a house direction?? specifically in today's residential building technologies. FSMs must crack their heads defining 'idiot-proof' theories/explanations for convincing clients, else digging their own graves.

Both Bazi & ZWDS(紫微斗数) use the same 'input parameters' - DOB, with same numerical system( 10 heavenly stem & 12 earthy branch) - So, whatever starts/charts/tables/grids/palaces construction philosophy, under these 2 models, are subjected to 60-sexagenary cycle year table - meaning all up to 60 years, then reset and start all over again.... This is fundamental, this is 'kitchen' - what & where food are cooked, but most people prefer to look at 'restuarant' for decision making!

Why don't you ready ancient chinese's start constellation concept? Very simply, consists only 3 enclosures and 28 mansions (三垣二十八宿).

You will soon realise that 紫微斗数 use only STARs in one of the Three Enclosures (紫微垣,太微垣,天市垣) - 紫微垣 ! The 3 enclosures are used to protect the king's palace. 紫微垣 is the one closes to the palace!. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Forbidden_enclosure

In this model, our DOB were calculated such that we become one of these stars in the 紫微垣 ONLY, not other 2 enclosures nor the 28 mansions involved!

Why like that?

Go and asked 呂純陽, 陳希夷 who lived during Song Dynasty and 羅洪先 who lived during Ming Dynasty.

Fundamentally, Bazi & ZWDS are ancient Chinese 'divination' methods that deploy the concept of 'astrology'.

All divination means, strictly speaking, are non-FS related.

He who read 三垣,二十八宿 start constellation in details (sometime they are referred as northern hemisphere stars), will realize that the is a 'palace' (where an emperor stays) encompassed by the 三垣 (should be interpreted as '3 long and curves walls"), AND the 三垣 are further encompassed by another 4 groups of heavenly celestial bodies - each group of celestial bodies when linked up formed the famous - 左青龙,右白虎,前朱雀,后玄武. EACH of the 4 groups, further subdivided into 7 groups, so total forms 7x 4 = 二十八宿

北斗七星 are some of the SEVEN stars that form the 紫微垣. The 北斗七星, when linked up, shape like a 'smoke pipe' - but ancient chinese said it shaped like a 'cart'- and the emperor takes this 'carts' to travel around! (The position of the cart's handle will change at different seasons!) if the observer is stationed from a fixed point (latitude 22 deg N and above then can see from naked eye, sorry can't see from Singapore!).

So, ZWDS 'makes use' of those stars in the 紫微垣 'to interpret' one's destiny, in short. This version of divination strongly believed that 'whatever shown in sky is a reflection on earth!'. Clever? These 'stars' have many different versions of 'man-created stories'.

The sky(to be specific, ZWDS interpret ONLY 紫微垣, no more no less - not interested in the remaining 2垣 and 28宿.

The 紫微垣 is like a TV set with 'past, present, future' selection channels!

You are one of the many actors in this 'wall'.

Your DOB could be read as an emperor, a General, a commoner.....

'See' the 'picture' of this ZWDS methology 'clearer' now?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzn4n8t4wf97ss0/%E6%98%9F%E5%AE%98%E5%9B%BE-1.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmpenbevdlh0qtc/%E6%98%9F%E5%AE%98%E5%9B%BE.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1axb1g371g8shoa/%E4%BA%8C%E5%8D%81%E5%85%AB%E5%AE%BF.png?dl=0

What written are the 'backbones' of ZWDS.

If one says ZWDS very chun, then ask him what are the names of 北斗七星, what 星 he 'belongs to'.

If he can't tell, you can forget what he says - he says something he doesn't know.

Edited by bepgof

so any master knows all of everything you described above ?

I mean including the enclosures and 28 mansions ?

Have you study it before ? Please share what is enclosures and 28 mansions ?

How about bazi - does it relate to ZWDS + ENCLOSUERS + 28 MANSIONS ? Or is there a link between them ?

Edited by kalimantan

In my perspective, all 'Chinese' fsms MUST know/understand/apply the 'elementary level' subjects of FS, like 阴阳,四象,八卦, 五行, 天干地支, lunisolar calender(Chinese's calender system), northern hemisphere star constellations (三垣二十八宿), of course inclusive the 'cultural aspects' of the Chinese race - history, socio-ecological, religion, language, philosophy,老子,孔子,墨子......

In Bazi, ZWDS and some other divination methodologies, DOB means a 'snapshot' of particular positions of celestial bodies (everything 'freeze'), and this relative positions of NORTHERN HEMISPHERE ONLY celestial bodies influence this 'baby''s there-after life. Buts......

- Why only Northern hemisphere stars only? Knowledge know-how constraint of Southern hemisphere star constellation 'during that time' of bazi/zwds methodology invention?

- What if the baby born in Southern hemisphere? The 'N' stars apply to the 'opposite' of the sphere?

He who knows nothing 'doubts' nothing.

To know, needs equip which takes time.

To doubt which needs critical mind.

No equip=no knowledge=no doubts

No doubts = 'take' and apply....

Of course I know 'something' about the 3 walls and the dragon, tiger, bird and turtle/snake.

You need to read, understand, digest, apply critical against main stream.....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uueoz4m7lm50jdh/calendar-talk-handout.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0q7rdf1282qvziq/Chinese%20calendar.ppt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/biidzwlpnl8492z/AABXLahoIKFZ7UNFFihnS2Wla?dl=0

Hi everyone,

We are not staunch believers of fengshui, somemore no recommendations from friends, its very hard to qualify if that particular FSM we hire is good for us. Its a few hundred $$$ for the audit...

I have read that for our Kua number, certain facings are good and should activate those facings / directions -- but that is based on personal kua 4.

For our new house, its Facing East, Sitting West, Main Door located in West -- unit is on 10th floor -- so use the most windows / balcony as the facing. (I read somewhere -- its not so good for Kua 4??, but we quite like the place)

Regards

Faustine

You like the place can liao ...

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

Regards

Faustine

FSM price is very different one from each others.

You need to know what is your expectation when you hire FSM.

Basic requirements: FSM should able to "point out" few incident (at least 3) happen to house owner/family (in this case is you). Then FSM should able to advise you to position important furniture in your house, how to the design should be. FSM should able advise you what will happen to your house, after move in.

Real FSM should not advise buy items that selling from its own shop.

FSM price is very different one from each others.

You need to know what is your expectation when you hire FSM.

Basic requirements: FSM should able to "point out" few incident (at least 3) happen to house owner/family (in this case is you). Then FSM should able to advise you to position important furniture in your house, how to the design should be. FSM should able advise you what will happen to your house, after move in.

Real FSM should not advise buy items that selling from its own shop.

very good! just the "should able to "point out" few incident (at least 3) happen to house owner/family" may not suitable for all FSM as some don't practise in certain area. otherwise it lures a chance to blather.