Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Dear all,

I am looking to renovate my 4 room bto, and went to approach My Design Pte Ltd.. We discussed for about 2 hours the concept and things we were looking in our home and he quoted us about $33k plus a $1500 design drawing fee which could be offset if we signed the contract.

I haven't been able to find any threads or reviews on them.

Does anyone know anything or have any reviews on them??

Btw, we paid the $1.5k for the design plans already!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Jellywelly

To clarify on your thread, how many design pieces did u received for 1.5k? What description did the ID quota for 33k? You can visit my thread ( Criteria on awarded ID ) for your referance

Hi Jamesoh,

Thanks for your reply! We are still waiting on the design which will be done up in mid-March. Not sure why it takes so long though considering we signed up in January, They will provide us with 5 pieces of 3D drawings. And also 2D drawings. It is also inclusive of amendment until satisfaction.

I don't have an itemised quote like yours. But the concept we roughly discussed was to hack down the walls in the kitchen and have a bartop counter and sliding doors to separate the "dry & wet" kitchen. In the kitchen we will have cabinets and countertops (Quartz) and also the mortar base for the fridge and washing machine And also for the dining area; settee seats against the wall with cushions in washable fabric. For the living area a tv feature wall and some carpentry work as well.

They will also construct a false ceiling for basically the entire house if I remember correctly. Down lights and cove lights as well.

However electrical works is not provided.

For the master bedroom, they will construct 2 wardrobes and a dressing table that can be hidden behind a sliding door.

And also for both toilets a glass door to separate the shower area.

I quite like the designer who spoke with us because he gave some good advice and got my concept immediately and proposed some alternate ideas for my thoughts that were not feasible.

I can't seem to find any reviews on this interior design firm at all though. And it is our first house and ID so we are not very sure of how this is supposed to work. So we just paid the $1.5k and are waiting for the drawings.

Hi Jellywelly

I'm afraid there's hidden cost if the quotation is not itemized and you have already paid a upfront of 1.5k for the design. Therefore not really the ID will hang you by the neck.

If you won't mind to seek second parties opinion. I will email you my ID whom walk through my whole renovation process.

Thank you

Hope this helps lol finish my reno recently with a contractor, price pretty good and good workmanship. at first alittle wary cause of the low price they offered but found out from them they recently started so offering low pricing to built reputation. So decided to give it a try and didn't regret. If you like a quote from them give them a buzz. Elwin@90283337

Hi Jellywelly, I have experience with *** before. Engaged them during the Home fair at Expo. I am not sure if you are referring to the boss who spoke to you. My first contact with them, they promise a lot of things and gave you a lot of picture to imagine. Then they told me not to worry about the cost and they will definitely give the best price. As I was lazy to source around for too long, I decided to pay the $1500, which they promise to offset if i eventually sign them.

My concept is Industrial. However, the proposals they gave was not up to my standard. They even proposed cove lights which totally mismatch with my concept. The 3D pictures came out to look modern instead of industrial. All the recommendations are cost. Eventually the quotation came up to $60k plus without GST. The biggest disappointment is the attitude. Not proactive at all. I have to always ask them for the progress and updates.

They keep telling me to put the initial payment and start the wet works first. But the design is not even what i wan, so I refused. In the end, I started sourcing for other IDs and ask around for more quotations. In the end I settled for one which only quote around 40k plus with GST. I forfeited my $1500 as lesson learnt.

I am not sure about the quality of their end products, but the work attitude and the design is definitely not up to my standard.

Paying for design fee first is always the bait that they hook you with.. should have always check and do some research before you pay any single cent like I did..

My home was perfectly done without any worries or stress... my ID settled every single thing for me.

Care to PM your ID details?

TIA.