Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Starloh

Sourcing Id And Contractor For 4 Room Resale Flat,any Recommendation?

Hi,I'm currently sourcing for Renovation package for 4 room resale flat. Have a talk with D'trenzo PL at Upper Thomaon,not sure if reliable,anyone engage them before? Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

From my personal experience and friends' feedback, usually renovation packages is their marketing methods to draw customers. in the end, the prices u pay is about the same or even higher. so becareful and ask more questions.

Hi,I'm currently sourcing for Renovation package for 4 room resale flat. Have a talk with D'trenzo PL at Upper Thomaon,not sure if reliable,anyone engage them before? Thanks

Hire an ID if you don't know how you want your flat to look like. If you already have the concept and designs in mind, just hire a contractor, otherwise, you will be wasting money to hire an ID as a "site supervisor".

Edited by Cultureshock

Just finish my reno recently with a contractor, price pretty good and good workmanship. at first alittle wary cause of the low price they offered but found out from them they recently started so offering low pricing to built reputation. So decided to give it a try and didn't regret. If you like a quote from them give them a buzz. Elwin@[removed]

Hi,

I have shortlisted 6 ID companies and after talking to the designer, I finally decided on D'Trenzo @ Upper Thomson. My designer name is Matthew. So far, he was the most committed designer that I had came accross. Most of the designer I spoke to never gave me actual perspective drawings of the cabinets, design, features and layout of my requirements after first meet-up. Most of them will need a 5% downpayment before they would provide me any drawings/concept. They just sent me some pictures and said that it will be something "similar"....

Interestingly, Matthew provided various designs concept drawings (hand drawn) on scale and fitting to my layout after our first meet-up. He even go into details on the dimensions, detailed drawings/colors and 3D drawings. Never ask for any downpayments. He will make changes on the spot when I need to add things or make alteration to the design. Only after I am really satisfied with the designs, we start to talk about cost and work started after I made my downpayments. Initially, the cost was on the high side but after some negotiation/discussion we managed to reach a consensus.

He is also open to allow me to use my own contractors for certain items/work (if his cost is higher) and he will help with the coordination too. Generally, a very friendly guy and helped out with small little things at my home on his own effort without extra charge. A very attention to detail guy e.g. a fine scratch on the laminates, he will ask the carpenter the change them/re-do. But this also means that there will be delay and effort to re-schedule the carpenter to come again.

As a whole, my reno went well and took over a month to complete. If you need his contact number, you can PM me.

Hi,

I have shortlisted 6 ID companies and after talking to the designer, I finally decided on D'Trenzo @ Upper Thomson. My designer name is Matthew. So far, he was the most committed designer that I had came accross. Most of the designer I spoke to never gave me actual perspective drawings of the cabinets, design, features and layout of my requirements after first meet-up. Most of them will need a 5% downpayment before they would provide me any drawings/concept. They just sent me some pictures and said that it will be something "similar"....

Interestingly, Matthew provided various designs concept drawings (hand drawn) on scale and fitting to my layout after our first meet-up. He even go into details on the dimensions, detailed drawings/colors and 3D drawings. Never ask for any downpayments. He will make changes on the spot when I need to add things or make alteration to the design. Only after I am really satisfied with the designs, we start to talk about cost and work started after I made my downpayments. Initially, the cost was on the high side but after some negotiation/discussion we managed to reach a consensus.

He is also open to allow me to use my own contractors for certain items/work (if his cost is higher) and he will help with the coordination too. Generally, a very friendly guy and helped out with small little things at my home on his own effort without extra charge. A very attention to detail guy e.g. a fine scratch on the laminates, he will ask the carpenter the change them/re-do. But this also means that there will be delay and effort to re-schedule the carpenter to come again.

As a whole, my reno went well and took over a month to complete. If you need his contact number, you can PM me.

Thanks for sharing, pls. help to PM me the contact number of your designer.