Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xfer

Cement Screed Appeal

Hi guys. Anyone tried appealing for HDB to do cement screed for their new BTO flat? I heard HDB stopped providing it last year Oct, but could not find any articles online about this. The only article found googling from CNA doesn't seem to work.

I was told by my ID that the cost of cement screed is quoted at between 3k to 5k which adds up significantly to the renovation cost.

We got the BTO in April 2011, and the completion of our flat was done latest by Nov 2014. Surely the announcement in Oct 2014 shouldn't have affected flat owners in scenario like this? HDB must have spoken to the contractors to stop cement screeding way before their announcement since its hard to believe that the whole BTO project's screeding would have taken less than a month to complete since the announcement (this is even to assume that the project is completed in Novemeber. Most of the works could have already been done before October).

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Ya lo, true on HDB side.

However, the implementation that all house renovation cement screed should be using the prepacked screed has been pushed back to June. So why is your ID charging you 3k to 5k for the cement screed when your renovation has started? There is no need for him to purchase the prepacked cement screed what..

I see. I was told that 3k-5k is due to the material and labour cost for doing it. They mentioned its better to do it before June, if not the fees would be much bigger than 3k-5k. Am I being misled?

If I were to get the cement screed done for my house, how much is it that you guys are paying now?

Anyway, no one successfully appealed for HDB to do it? Still an additional cost which should not have happened retrospectively in this case.

My ID told me the same thing which is to do before 1 June 2015 and then they will not charge me the cement screed.

Do you want to check again with your ID?

Also my estimated completion could be from May to July and the estimated cost for screeding was only 3k for 4 room bto.

If it is 5k, it is very expensive.

I just receive appeal cement screed approved !!, must try too. I wondering yr id did cheat you as you not sure for this

Hi hazelcmm83. How long did you have to wait before the appeal goes thru? I just submitted my appeal last week when I collected my keys.

Oh that's nice! I has sent my appeal last week as well. No reply from them yet. It was routed to Seng Kang's HDB. Is the HDB of your area where you appealed to?

I not sure, as I got direct to my house town council yishun. as I called them and they ask I to email them and I wait for 2 day I call them up and check them after 4 day I receive the approve email :) Keey trying and email them they sure will reply you , Jia you

• Like 1

Just completed some minor renovation:

Hacking of ceramic tiles in living room $1,100

Hacking of ceramic skirting in living room $250

Cement screed for living room $800.00

Hi,

I haven't got my keys which probably is around Aug - Sept 2015 so this new screed with affect us. Recently got a quote for flooring for living room + 3 bed rooms with homogeneous tiles and it cost $8+K. We asked if we could appeal HDB to do the screeding but was told by contractor that they prefer to do the screeding themselves due to several issues especially when we are using tiles.

Pls advise if this cost is reasonable.

Hi,

I haven't got my keys which probably is around Aug - Sept 2015 so this new screed with affect us. Recently got a quote for flooring for living room + 3 bed rooms with homogeneous tiles and it cost $8+K. We asked if we could appeal HDB to do the screeding but was told by contractor that they prefer to do the screeding themselves due to several issues especially when we are using tiles.

Pls advise if this cost is reasonable.

The screed provided by HDB is not for tiles.

Just completed some minor renovation:

Hacking of ceramic tiles in living room $1,100

Hacking of ceramic skirting in living room $250

Cement screed for living room $800.00

Is it the 3 in 1 pre-packed cement screed?