Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pakhan

Where To Find Sawn Solid Timber?

Hi Guys,

I am looking for solid sawn timber in 4/4 or 8/4 thicknesses for a woodworking project and was hoping you knew of anywhere which sells lengths? thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

What is the SI units of 4/4 (or 8/4)? It should be in inches (I think) but does not make sense to me cos inches normally uses 8 as the denominator. In any case, if you are not looking for a specific timber, just go to a furniture making shop and ask if they want to sell to you. Normal plywood furniture are (eg: kitchen cabinets & wardrobe) are reinforce with timber, so they will have solid timber.

Hi Guys,

I am looking for solid sawn timber in 4/4 or 8/4 thicknesses for a woodworking project and was hoping you knew of anywhere which sells lengths? thanks!

Ang Timber 51 Defu Lane 12, phone 62803533

They have balau and kapo. 4/4 is expansive.

You have to cut yourself. Bring your battery saw or handsaw.

Thanks for the enlightenment. So he was not talking about thickness but the cross section dimension. I worked in carpentry for a couple of years (when I was younger) and thought all those years wasted since I could not interpret his requirement.

Hi Guys,

Still looking?