Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
therat

Flat Rental Scams: Suspect Arrested

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/flat-rental-scams-suspect/1665568.html

Preliminary investigations show the suspect could be linked to more than 20 counts of rental scams using flats at Mei Ling Street, Ghim Moh Road and Boon Lay Drive.

SINGAPORE: Police have arrested a 49-year-old man believed to be involved in more than 20 cases of rental scams, the Singapore Police Force announced on Tuesday (Feb 17).

In a news release, police said that on Feb 14, two similar cases of flat rental scams were reported. In these cases, the victims had responded to an online advertisement for rental of a unit in Boon Lay Drive and Ghim Moh Road.

"The suspect would then follow up and arrange with the victims to view the unit, and thereafter collect money ranging from S$2,400 to S$2,840 from them as advance payment and deposit for the flat rental," police said. After collecting the rental fees, he could not be contacted, they added.

Police arrested the suspect at Jalan Besar on Tuesday at about 1.25am. They seized from him receipt books and files containing stacks of tenancy agreements.

Preliminary investigations show the suspect could be linked to more than 20 counts of rental scams using flats at Mei Ling Street, Ghim Moh Road and Boon Lay Drive, police said.

The suspect will be charged in court on Wednesday and if convicted of cheating, he could be jailed up to 10 years.

- CNA/ly

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

[3/12/2015 4:07:50 PM] *** Aisha Gaddafi would like to add you on Skype

I am Dr.Aisha Gaddafi the daughter of Muammar Gaddafi, the Murdered president of Libya, I am currently residing in Oman, unfortunately as a fugitive. At the meantime, my family is the target of Western nations led by America who wants to seize all that my late father has acquired at all costs. Our investments and bank accounts in several countries are their targets to freeze. Please accept this offer and I will make you a part of my family heritage.

We have huge amount of money deposited secretly with a deposit code and unconnected with the Al-Gaddafi family name and these money would be transferred to your account for you to invest and manage them at an offer of 25% ownership of the funds to you as your share capital. To indicate you are interested in this regards kindly get back to me as soon as possible for more details on how to proceed.I am looking forward to hear from you to my email. here is my email address: aisha.gaddafi1006@gmail.com ***

DO YOU BELIEVE THIS ?