Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shaowei14

Waterway Woodcress 5-Rm

Hi everyone, finally it's my turn to do up a T-blog! :)

Gotten the keys to the 1st completed waterway project in Punggol on 12/02/15. Learnt alot from this forum and I thought I share my renovation progress with you guys also. Fingers crossed that it will be a smooth going reno!

Starting off with my floorplan

gallery_32798_664_22048.jpg

Some Pictures of the bare unit...

gallery_32798_664_101989.jpg

gallery_32798_664_1673.jpg

Wont be sharing too much of the bare unit as the layout is quite standard nowadays across all new BTOs.

Edited by shaowei14

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Please do share how is your surrounding looking like from your windows

I did not take any photos of my surrounding views as I am not facing the waterway. By the time I selected my flat, all the good views have already been taken up..hehe

The plan:

1) Kitchen wall will be hacked and divided into wet and dry kitchen. Vinyl floor overlay for the kitchen and dining area.

2) A portion of bedroom 2 is used to build up a hollow block section for a WIW.

3) The rest of the house...cookie cutter design...feature wall, full height shoe cabinet, seatee...etc

Short and simple. Not aiming for any style...just want my house to be comfortable and pleasing to our eyes.

The draft layout:

gallery_32798_664_43714.jpg

Some of the items that we purchase:

All the contractors/ID that we met do not encourage us to build up vanity cabinet in the bathrooms...for it will be easily corroded if not taken care of properly...given me and my wife style...confirm the wooden vanity wont last us one year if we opt for that...but I die die still want vanity cabinets in our bathrooms as it is really convenient to store all the toiletries there..in the end I ordered 2 stainless steel vanity set from TaoBao...hope the quality is good...

gallery_32798_664_8078.jpg

The sofa:

gallery_32798_664_49853.jpg

The hob:

I wanted a rinnai inner flame hob based on the good reviews on the net...actually set my eyes on a 3 burner model RB-3CG but change my mind when I saw the actual product. In the end settled on a 2 burner model RB-2GI, I think this model is actually not that common in singapore if I'm not wrong, rinnai.sg also only show the higher end RB-2CG which is made in Japan, however my wife like the RB-2GI with black aluminium strip better, so we ended up getting this one

gallery_32798_664_5956.jpg

The hood:

This is really an ugly-*** hood...no denying it. All those slim / sleek / cool chimney hood models that I like, I can't find any info on the net...seems like fujioh hood is the market leader for asian style cooking so I just trust the old birds on the internet and just go for this...all the other nice looking hood is tempting me but if can't perform also no use right? Might as well get something that can work as intended.

gallery_32798_664_13850.jpg

The plan:

1) Kitchen wall will be hacked and divided into wet and dry kitchen. Vinyl floor overlay for the kitchen and dining area.

2) A portion of bedroom 2 is used to build up a hollow block section for a WIW.

3) The rest of the house...cookie cutter design...feature wall, full height shoe cabinet, seatee...etc

Short and simple. Not aiming for any style...just want my house to be comfortable and pleasing to our eyes.

The draft layout:

gallery_32798_664_43714.jpg

Hi,

Notice in your hand drawn layout that you have some beams at your living room? Can share your costs for that and design?

Also I saw that you split your kitchen into dry and wet kitchen. For the door to the wet kitchen, are you using glass sliding doors or wooden ones?

I'm doing glass sliding doors with wooden frame around it like yours, and was quoted $620 for it. Dunno if that's the standard price.

Hi,

Notice in your hand drawn layout that you have some beams at your living room? Can share your costs for that and design?

Also I saw that you split your kitchen into dry and wet kitchen. For the door to the wet kitchen, are you using glass sliding doors or wooden ones?

I'm doing glass sliding doors with wooden frame around it like yours, and was quoted $620 for it. Dunno if that's the standard price.

Hi there, the beams cost me $100+ each, sorry I cant remember the exact price from the quotation. It will be finished with wallpaper wrapping.

For the dry/wet kitchen sliding doors, I will be using sliding frameless full glass doors. My ID quote me $1400 for that. I was told it will be more expensive for full glass, so I think yours with wooden frame should be around that price.

Hi Shaowei14,

I see.. $100+ each. Are they actual wooden beams or false ceiling beams? MY ID quoted me like $2,000+ for like 6-7 short wooden beams..

Oh! No wonder it's $1,400. Yah I was tossing the idea to do full glass sliding doors cause it'll allow more light into the kitchen and very beautiful too.. :) But cause most of my budget went into the feature wall so only doing half wood and half glass.. :(

The hob:

I wanted a rinnai inner flame hob based on the good reviews on the net...actually set my eyes on a 3 burner model RB-3CG but change my mind when I saw the actual product. In the end settled on a 2 burner model RB-2GI, I think this model is actually not that common in singapore if I'm not wrong, rinnai.sg also only show the higher end RB-2CG which is made in Japan, however my wife like the RB-2GI with black aluminium strip better, so we ended up getting this one

gallery_32798_664_5956.jpg

Hi,
May I know if everything is good for you so far using the Rinnai RB-2GI hob?
Do you know if there is lifetime warranty for the glass? From the specs, this model just has normal tempered glass and not Schott glass.
Thank you.

Hi,
May I know if everything is good for you so far using the Rinnai RB-2GI hob?
Do you know if there is lifetime warranty for the glass? From the specs, this model just has normal tempered glass and not Schott glass.
Thank you.

Ah, looks like Rinnai has come out with RB-2Gi black tempered glass top plate. I have been using Rinnai RB-2CG ceran glass top plate for the last seven years. So far so good and the inner flame does speed up warming/cooking. Cleaning is also easy and everything that's non-attachable is easily washable.

I believe the glass is lifetime warranty.